Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN today!! 2022 MX Plaid (white / white / carbon fiber / 6-seat / 22” wheels / FSD) still showing February delivery, so hopefully having been assigned my VIN means that window is now secure. Ordered toward the end of July 2021.

View attachment 750684
Congratulations! I ordered mid July for a blk/blk 6 seater plaid/22s/FSD taking delivery at Fremont but I’m not expecting a VIN anytime soon. Please keep us updated if you can!

Reactions: BryWay
Took delivery today of a 2022 blue/black LR ordered Oct 2020 👍

Tesla offered home delivery. They dropped it off and left; I had to pay and accept terms in the app to get access to the car (that was different!). Immediately took the family on a drive.

My impressions vs a 2017 100D:

- Everything is better! Build quality up a notch. Feels solid.
- Yoke took 5 minutes of awkwardness before I preferred it
- Quieter and smoother ride
- Center console is an A+, really well engineered
- Seats are very comfortable (whew!)

View attachment 750693

View attachment 750694

View attachment 750697

I put in a service request for several items:

- Driver door doesn’t auto close on walk away; driver door requires extra force to close manually
- FWD roof seal needs adjustment, underlapping in one section
- Some interior and exterior trim needs adjustment (minor)
- Driver console screen trim piece loose (minor)
- Key fobs not working (minor, have app and keycard)

All stuff I can live with until service center adjusts. Very happy with the car and glad I waited for it. Happy new year everyone!
Holy smokes. That's a lot of issues for a brand new car... I'm waiting for my blue... doesn't sound encouraging

I have thought hard about it tbh. The cost compared to my LR is a bit too high though and I have stopped short of paying.
That’s where I am right now. Don’t think it’s worth it tbh and I also have early pricing, which I think is playing a role in my late delivery. Honestly, if there was competition, I would have jumped ship by now. Tesla may be winning right now but when the competition does come they may have screwed over their high end buyers too much.

That’s where I am right now. Don’t think it’s worth it tbh and I also have early pricing, which I think is playing a role in my late delivery. Honestly, if there was competition, I would have jumped ship by now. Tesla may be winning right now but when the competition does come they may have screwed over their high end buyers too much.
Yea, agreed about lack of competition. In the US today, there is no 6/7 seater EV SUV. Plug-in hybrids, yes, but I prefer BEV. There is some choice in 5 seaters but none really in 6/7.

Hence, back to app and site refresh for the nth time today 😂

Happy new year all! On 12/30 Tesla left me a voicemail then a few minutes after sent a text letting me know my car was ready and asking if I was ready to take delivery that day or on 12/31. I declined because I already had plans with my family and I didn’t have my payment ready as this delivery was unexpected.

Order date 8/15/21. White on white plaid, 6 seater, 20 inch wheels, FSD in the Bay Area. A VIN was assigned shortly after receiving the text then was removed a couple hours after I declined. EDD changed from April to TBD about a week ago.

Just for kicks I did end up going to the Colma Tesla where I was told the car was located. The lot was filled with cars and I saw about 10 Model X though I didn’t pay attention to how many were plaid as I only drove through the parking lot. I saw black, white, blue, and red X’s. I don’t remember seeing any midnight silver metallic. There were rows of cars that I didn’t drive by so it’s likely there were far more X’s than the 10 or so that I saw.

Took delivery today of a 2022 blue/black LR ordered Oct 2020 👍

Tesla offered home delivery. They dropped it off and left; I had to pay and accept terms in the app to get access to the car (that was different!). Immediately took the family on a drive.

My impressions vs a 2017 100D:

- Everything is better! Build quality up a notch. Feels solid.
- Yoke took 5 minutes of awkwardness before I preferred it
- Quieter and smoother ride
- Center console is an A+, really well engineered
- Seats are very comfortable (whew!)

View attachment 750693

View attachment 750694

View attachment 750697
Congratulations! Nice looking MX.

I have a 2019, which is in for service over the holidays (coolant leak, and recall for ball joints lube), so I rented a refreshed MX Long Range for my holiday road trip (San Francisco to Palm Springs round trip) and can attest to the positives you listed above. Compared to my 2019, the first and most noteworthy thing I noticed was how much more solid the refreshed version feels. The motors for the doors (all around) are quieter and somehow feel more precise and sturdy. Hunting for words here to describe the sensation, but keep landing on “solid”. The yoke, as you mentioned, takes no time at all to master. LOVE the new turn signals! I was worried that going stalkless would mean I lost the convenience of the three-flash signal when switching lanes. I feared the signals activated on the yoke would be either on or off, but they’re *better* than the three-flash. They now use the cameras to determine when you’ve completed a maneuver (cornering and single or multiple lane changes) and stay on for the duration of the maneuver, then automatically switch off when the car confirms you’ve completed the maneuver (cornering or changing lanes). It’s like magic! It should also be noted the space between the middle row seats is a few inches narrower than on my current 2019 MX Performance due to better padding and bolstering in the new center row seats. I discovered this when attempting to place my dometic refrigerator between the two middle row seats. It fits perfectly in my 2019, but wouldn’t fit in the 2021 I’m renting. Also of note is the rear under-floor storage in the trunk area. They really sorted that out nicely; so much more space now than in my 2019. They also relocated the 12v power socket in the rear. It used to be on the driver’s side but is now on the passenger’s side in the new nook they added. Anyway, congrats again! Having rented this refreshed model, I’m now spoiled, and envious you have yours! I’m dreading picking up my 2019 from service next week. Really going to miss the yoke. Looking forward to receiving my Plaid next month.

So, given the quarter-end push is now over, should we expect that quality will improve for deliveries? Looking at the myriad of problems people have had with these latest deliveries, I'm wary whether or not it's a temporary thing, but am aware of the problems of some of the earlier ones too. Seems like a lot of work ends up happening just prior to delivery if it's going to happen.

Here's to a better 2022 - may we all finally see our orders come through (in immaculate condition).