Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you think our experience has been bad wait till the poor souls who ordered the Cyber Truck get the actual pricing and EDD’s…. The fur will fly when the sit hits the fan.

Just my opinion
But, it seems Tesla is REALLY obsessing about getting the Cybertruck production (GF Texas) really set up well. So they really might be able to produce 1M/yr once they start producing, and there won’t be the very-extended wait we’ve had.

Because, face it: even *if* Model X demand is “through the roof” it’s not through the roof like Cybertruck demand is.

More like a tiny blip.

................................................ It’s not difficult - I can write the email for Tesla:
”We are eager to get your Model X to you, and we know it must be frustrating to keep waiting. While we have worked hard to build Teslas during the pandemic and global supply chain slowdown, there are some things that are simply beyond our control. We delivered the first new Model X vehicles last quarter, and we’re working as fast as we can through our large order backlog. As soon as we have a more accurate delivery date for you, we’ll let you know so you can work out details like trade-ins and financing. In the meantime, thanks again for your continued patience.”
...................................................................................................... I’d apply for a job in Tesla communications but I couldn’t afford the pay cut.
It's interesting comparing your proposed email to the actual email I received 11/30/21 from Tesla Solar.
While the communication is better than nothing it still doesn't get me the solar that I ordered almost a year ago.
It was titled:
Update—Your Tesla Solar Panel Order
1641183037201.png

Last edited:
Funny things can happen.

1. Ordered MX on 15Dec2020, without knowing about the refresh etc. Jan 2021, refresh was announced. Waited patiently, with an estimated delivery date of March, which got pushed down further and further..

2. Frustrated, Sep 2021 - bought a MY-Performance & gave up on MX

3. Nov 2021 - VIN assignment. Was not sure about purchase. In test mode, tried the 'used car' price for my MYP. Guess what, I made more money than what I paid (including tax), selling off my MYP. It was so fast and unbelievable. The car was sold within 18 hours!!

4. 17Dec2021 - MX delivery (with a 367 day wait) and a happy customer since then.

Hang in there!!! Good luck.

Awesome. What online platform did you sell the MYP? I'm looking to do the same for my 2018 M3 LR Silver (old school silver) 19" Wheels, FSD. Trade-in with the MX order from Tesla WAS $33,500 about 10k miles ago last summer (but I cancelled the trade-in since I'm guessing this puts you at the end of the line).

Vroom is giving me $38K but I'm suspicious and I don't think I can stomach just letting my M3 go on a tow truck that shows up at my house and then pray a check comes in the mail (but the check comes with a tracking number they say!).

Partly due to the holidays which gave me a lot of free time and partly to obsess even more about what's going on and when I will get my car, I created this visual and hoping it is interactive enough for you to obsess over the order tracking spreadsheet's data all the time. I will try to keep it refreshed once a day (at least until I get my car delivered :) )

Hope you find it interesting.

As someone that does Excel 8 hours a day designing reports, well done. I need to learn a few more tricks.

But, it seems Tesla is REALLY obsessing about getting the Cybertruck production (GF Texas) really set up well. So they really might be able to produce 1M/yr once they start producing, and there won’t be the very-extended wait we’ve had.

Because, face it: even *if* Model X demand is “through the roof” it’s not through the roof like Cybertruck demand is.

More like a tiny blip.
Yeah but those estimated prices are pipe dreams. I’m betting $20k more per trim level.

Hi All,

For all present wondering about the trailer hitch, torque,
and many heavy bikes.
It might be worthwhile to look at a small(er) cargo or luggage
trailer.
I pull this 4 x 6 because I have "items" that I do not want in the
car with me.
My first trailer trip was in August to Fargo and it went well.
Small enough to drop and move at bad access Superchargers...
Plenty of room to put things in addition to your bikes.
Just a thought...

ShawnSmall Trailer.jpg

I think it’s more involved unfortunately. Someone did it on the pre refresh X I remember seeing a link somewhere. It can be done but involves some cutting of panels to make room. Will see if I can find the link.

Edit: here’s the video I was thinking of - this guy swapped it for one rated much higher:
just a couple cuts on the lower aero shield where the factory hitch goes into. not that big of a deal, and that aero shield is easily ordered and replaced.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I also bought a Y to drive until the X arrives. How did you go about selling the Y and if I may ask, what did you get for it?

My OOD price for MYP was approx 69K

I tried shift dot com and they offered me $68K. Tesla offered me 59K for trade in. (I had 2500 miles on it)

As an experiment I tried posting it for sale myself (my goal was to see how it goes for 2-3 days and sell it off to Shift, if it did not work). To my surprise, there was an offer well over 69K and the whole sale process was done in 18 hours!

P.S: I believe there was some price increase on MYP, between the time I bought it and sold it off. Not very sure.

Partly due to the holidays which gave me a lot of free time and partly to obsess even more about what's going on and when I will get my car, I created this visual and hoping it is interactive enough for you to obsess over the order tracking spreadsheet's data all the time. I will try to keep it refreshed once a day (at least until I get my car delivered :) )

Hope you find it interesting.

Wow, this is really impressive! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: usctrojan98
Awesome. What online platform did you sell the MYP? I'm looking to do the same for my 2018 M3 LR Silver (old school silver) 19" Wheels, FSD. Trade-in with the MX order from Tesla WAS $33,500 about 10k miles ago last summer (but I cancelled the trade-in since I'm guessing this puts you at the end of the line).

Vroom is giving me $38K but I'm suspicious and I don't think I can stomach just letting my M3 go on a tow truck that shows up at my house and then pray a check comes in the mail (but the check comes with a tracking number they say!).
I sold my 2018 LR MSM base model 3 with 32k miles to Carmax last week for $42K