Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered in March 2021 and still nothing.
Also, congratulations on you being a Vinner, but Tesla is wrong for making people who ordered first wait longer.

Frustrating that they are fulfilling orders by the state you live in not when you placed your order.
My order is from 2020 so I’m just left to believe Tesla’ Model X management team sucks.

Do you know if this is as simple as it is on other cars and just bolting in a new hitch? I’ve put hitches on cars myself previously. Or is the X more involved like maybe welded on or some other issues that would make it costly?
I think it’s more involved unfortunately. Someone did it on the pre refresh X I remember seeing a link somewhere. It can be done but involves some cutting of panels to make room. Will see if I can find the link.

Edit: here’s the video I was thinking of - this guy swapped it for one rated much higher:

Reactions: zk19
Tesla will deliver almost 1 million cars this year. Up about 50% from last year. If everyone wanted just 5 phone calls for updates that would be almost 5 million phone calls, or 50 million minutes of people being not able to actually work on getting them out the door.
Businesses prioritize their customers. VIP customers get better treatment than the rest. It’s not difficult - I can write the email for Tesla:

”We are eager to get your Model X to you, and we know it must be frustrating to keep waiting. While we have worked hard to build Teslas during the pandemic and global supply chain slowdown, there are some things that are simply beyond our control. We delivered the first new Model X vehicles last quarter, and we’re working as fast as we can through our large order backlog. As soon as we have a more accurate delivery date for you, we’ll let you know so you can work out details like trade-ins and financing. In the meantime, thanks again for your continued patience.”

Now, what about the people they convinced to buy a $6500 6-seat upgrade for 2021 delivery? How about: “We’re sorry we didn’t deliver your vehicle in 2021, but as a token of our appreciation, we will add 1000 free supercharger miles to your account when your Model X is delivered”.

Finally, know what would have been great? How about sending all the $100K reservation holders a holiday card with a picture of a Tesla on it. Like, a real paper card in the mail. The cost would be far less than the goodwill it would have generated.

I’d apply for a job in Tesla communications but I couldn’t afford the pay cut.

Partly due to the holidays which gave me a lot of free time and partly to obsess even more about what's going on and when I will get my car, I created this visual and hoping it is interactive enough for you to obsess over the order tracking spreadsheet's data all the time. I will try to keep it refreshed once a day (at least until I get my car delivered :) )

Hope you find it interesting.

F5456E9C-8E88-4E0F-A92C-7AB50A941247.jpeg

They definitely have a plethora of refresh model S these days, enough to have one displayed at the showroom.

And today my SA basically confirms that they are only delivery 6 seaters of LRs or plaids. No word yet on 5/7 seaters…

Over 760 pages of people all wanting to know when their individual car will be coming.

Tesla will deliver almost 1 million cars this year. Up about 50% from last year. If everyone wanted just 5 phone calls for updates that would be almost 5 million phone calls, or 50 million minutes of people being not able to actually work on getting them out the door.

Tesla is working about as fast as humanly possible to produce every car they can to fulfill the demand. Demand for the refreshed S & X is through the roof. In Europe they have even stopped taking deposits because of how uncertain deliveries will be.

Honest and truthful answer is that even Tesla is not 100% sure when every buyer will get their cars. Things in the supply chain are in so much turmoil that nobody knows which parts will be in short supply a month from now.

Tesla policy is to communicate via e-Mail. Not until they have your car produced and through final inspection do they know when deliver can be precisely determined.

Everybody knows that this is frustrating for those with deposits placed. Rest assured, buyers will be contacted when Tesla feels that delivery is immenent. Usually via e-Mail.
If they didn’t willfully misinform all those people, they wouldn’t be in a position to have to call them…

Partly due to the holidays which gave me a lot of free time and partly to obsess even more about what's going on and when I will get my car, I created this visual and hoping it is interactive enough for you to obsess over the order tracking spreadsheet's data all the time. I will try to keep it refreshed once a day (at least until I get my car delivered :) )

Great job with this!

After speaking with the SA And the delivery patterns over the few months I got a sense that my April 21 7 seat order will not come until April or May and I cannot manage without a second car till that time. At least my SA was very efficient in finding a car with my specifications within a week and made a nice anniversary present to my wife 😉. I guess from Tesla’s point of view they now got a new customer for the Y. I never planned on buying a Y and was quite happy with my 3 for a commute car. Hopefully inflated Model 3 values will help me when X finally arrives.
Funny things can happen.

1. Ordered MX on 15Dec2020, without knowing about the refresh etc. Jan 2021, refresh was announced. Waited patiently, with an estimated delivery date of March, which got pushed down further and further..

2. Frustrated, Sep 2021 - bought a MY-Performance & gave up on MX

3. Nov 2021 - VIN assignment. Was not sure about purchase. In test mode, tried the 'used car' price for my MYP. Guess what, I made more money than what I paid (including tax), selling off my MYP. It was so fast and unbelievable. The car was sold within 18 hours!!

4. 17Dec2021 - MX delivery (with a 367 day wait) and a happy customer since then.

Hang in there!!! Good luck.

Funny things can happen.

1. Ordered MX on 15Dec2020, without knowing about the refresh etc. Jan 2021, refresh was announced. Waited patiently, with an estimated delivery date of March, which got pushed down further and further..

2. Frustrated, Sep 2021 - bought a MY-Performance & gave up on MX

3. Nov 2021 - VIN assignment. Was not sure about purchase. In test mode, tried the 'used car' price for my MYP. Guess what, I made more money than what I paid (including tax), selling off my MYP. It was so fast and unbelievable. The car was sold within 18 hours!!

4. 17Dec2021 - MX delivery (with a 367 day wait) and a happy customer since then.

Hang in there!!! Good luck.
I also bought a Y to drive until the X arrives. How did you go about selling the Y and if I may ask, what did you get for it?

Reactions: Monark1954

Wow. I wish I knew how to do stuff like that. Seriously, pretty cool. 👍🏻