Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re picking up at Fremont, any idea how long it takes from becoming a VINner to being able to schedule pickup?

Depends. I had to wait over 3 weeks. There were people that received it within 2 days.

It all boils down to their inspection and issues (if any, will delay your delivery accordingly).

Hope this helps!

Take this with a grain of salt, but just got off the phone with a SA, who indicated that most TBD's are looking at delivery beyond March of this year. They're having difficulty pinpointing an estimated delivery date due to ramp-up issues. They were expecting for significant increase in production through end of 2021, but weren't able to meet the numbers they were expecting. Keeping my fingers crossed that he's wrong.
Wait this doesn’t make sense. Usually TBD’s are good? Most of them get their cars quicker than anyone else so in theory what you’re saying is if TBD’s have a potential beyond march delivery date then ppl with “February” should expect delivery by December 2022? 😂😂😂😂💀

Take this with a grain of salt, but just got off the phone with a SA, who indicated that most TBD's are looking at delivery beyond March of this year. They're having difficulty pinpointing an estimated delivery date due to ramp-up issues. They were expecting for significant increase in production through end of 2021, but weren't able to meet the numbers they were expecting. Keeping my fingers crossed that he's wrong.
Mine said Q2 at the earliest for current Feb status as well. Highly disappointing.

• Disagree
Reactions: 1pinhigh
For anyone who’s gotten their X, how long did it take to schedule your appointment after you received a vin? I’m in SoCal btw. Do you get a text or email when you’re able to schedule it?
VIN assigned 12/30, delivery scheduled 1/3 - the SA called me to confirm the delivery and then scheduled it for me.

Edit: Delivery scheduled for 1/5

wow...jus wow. So February will become February 2023!

.... And i`m European Tesla MXP 5 seater FSD waiter... how long this feels to wait here for a car what you suppose to
get in weeks or so..you get yours a year before we get them here so only thing i can do is lurk here and listen to
how wonderful that damn thing is :-(
In L.A. yesterday I was on the freeway and saw a new Plaid MX driving fast. Dude had a new one and was feelin and loving it. My slow ass '18 100D MX was never gonna contend, but it was fun in and around him. He slammed on the pedal a couple of times-- that thing was a blur. When I finally caught up and passed him he floored it again and I heard this tremendous RoWrWhoosh as he flew by, kind of like that Star Wars Imperial fighter sound but way shorter and and much more low end-ey and I felt the air wave hit my car in a bass-ey wave. Dayum.

So that's what dweebs feel like when we pass em? Hell 2 yes.

Really curious to see when we will see the first delivery in Canada. I was expecting some in Canada would get delivery in early-mid Q1 but maybe now it will be early-mid Q2.

Reactions: stephenstohn
Maybe black seats before white this run? Me? X LR, blue, white int, 6 seats, 20inch, no FSD, order Jan 19, 2021.
Looks like it, but I've seen many white interior deliveries as well. It's not like the unicorn 5/7 seater options. I think yours should be soon. I just spoke with TMC member SINGULARITY, who ordered 3 moths before me with the exact same config, he got his vin 1-2 weeks prior to mine.

Reactions: DelPhonic1