Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a word of caution about using the app to make the final payment for your car. Per the suggestions of everyone on here, I am using DCU to finance $100K of the car and paying the difference in cash. I didn't know I needed to tell Tesla this and my car was just set up for cash payment. I figured I'd be able to click on "pay" in the app and select the amount I wanted to pay and have DCU send the check for the $100K. After linking the app to my bank account, I clicked on "pay" and the app just immediately paid the ENTIRE amount without asking me to enter an amount I wanted to pay or asking me to confirm payment. One-click and $155K was immediately submitted to be withdrawn from my savings account. I quickly called Tesla and they were able to reverse the transfer before it could be processed and they set it up for partial payment from DCU with the rest being paid by me.

So the simple moral to this story is if you are financing the car NOT thru Tesla, make sure your account is set up properly BEFORE clicking on the "pay" button or you will get a big surprise.
The same
We experienced this issue a couple weeks back on our new Model S. The issue happens even if you are financing through Tesla. I was trying to click on the Detail link to see if the $2k discount had been applied and accidentally clicked Pay. It immediately submitted the payment and marked it as paid, without asking me to confirm payment information. It just went ahead and used the bank account on record from our last purchase. We tried contacting several people at Tesla but they all said they couldn't do anything. While the bank account on record didn't have the $54k in it, the bank went ahead and sent the money to Tesla and the account had a large negative balance the next day. The following afternoon, we were able to move money over to cover it and fortunately didn't have any insufficient fund fees. Tesla definitely needs to add a payment confirmation to the Pay button and allow the user to cancel out or change account information.
The same thing happened to me with my MYP purchase. Took me about a week to get my money back. Quite stressful. They definitely need an extra step for confirmation.

I found it. Had a 340 mile drive ahead of me. Would not have wanted to find it a couple of hours later. However I don't get all of the credit, a couple I was talking to right before my appointment time told me that someone else had just taken delivery of a MY that had a nail in the tire.
I would have never checked that. I’ll make sure I do now whenever it is I pick up my car.

Another interesting tweet by @troyteslike showing a worldwide backlog of around 19k MX orders and production at approximately 5k per quarter.
4837F4DA-3439-4A93-8709-E674C8699574.jpeg

Really sad that the employees at Tesla delivery centers are clearly not doing thier jobs & or unqualified untrained rookies . Does Management not realize how poorly it reflects on thier reputation & branding? Unfortunate ......We here @ TMC are mostly long time loyal Tesla supporters.....
In a million years I'd never consider looking at the tread for a nail. This was obviously an unusual circumstance. Someone was sabotaging our county last yr with nails. I'm not sure Tesla employees require so much criticism.

Another interesting tweet by @troyteslike showing a worldwide backlog of around 19k MX orders and production at approximately 5k per quarter.
View attachment 752054
Interesting chart. The production numbers appear to match Q4 actuals. Then he assumes one third of the line is for MX. Maybe he has some historical basis for that. I wonder if he calculated the backlog based on the wait time month data from the order pages.

It doesn't appear to account for an ongoing production ramp. I think I have seen the planned max line capacity is 100k vehicles per year.

I'd like to see his list of assumptions behind this chart.

The chart seems to say the current wait for an X is 12.5 months after the order date. Nothing new there. Model S is 6 months

I don't know who needs to see this, but I posted this December 3rd (you know, 250 pages ago!!!!) I think it's time to bring it back.

EDD means nothing. A Change to TBD or February/March/April/May means nothing. It's a placeholder. They're both placeholders.​

That is all.

Ready to pick up my LR X in a few days. The concerning thing to me is that the car is verified to have 128 miles on it. The car was assigned to someone else and now matched to me. Not sure why the original person did not take delivery (SA don't know why the first person did not take delivery).

1. can someone post a check list sheet on what to look for?
2. If there is something wrong w the car, should I take delivery anyways and sell it for a profit? I'll take the profit and buy a Plaid S.
3. I'm thinking if I reject the car I'll be back in the waiting list (probably wait another year).
4. I asked the SA about the $2,000 credit for ordering pre refresh model. but they "have not heard of that".
Any advice?
Just ask them to go over the TMC list before you come. They have it and will go over it 3 times. I ordered in January 2021..paid 12/23 ..when I picked up the car they send Tesla will send me the $2,000 within 30 days.

Weird. My rep offered home delivery to me until he saw I lived 48 miles away. Max here in Houston is 30 miles. So someone lied. If it’s my dude, he’s gonna be hurting soon and lucky I haven’t received an MX yet.
You do
For no. 4 definitely fight for the $2k credit. That’s total BS.

For no. 4 definitely fight for the $2k credit. That’s total BS.
You don't need to fight...it'll come in 30 days or less just ask.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
But expensive. Lots of toll roads in Austin. I was not used to that.
Ehh...maybe in the Austin metro, but in and around downtown Austin there's really only one - the new-ish toll lane on MoPac. In the greater Austin metro, there are a few toll roads but there are plenty of non-toll alternatives as well. But also, the toll roads are typically empty, in great condition, and sparsely policed, so it's a fun place to watch your range visibly tick away. ;)

I believe Troy bases his info in part on VINs that have been reported. He’s not a Tesla insider but he’s not just throwing darts at the board either. I think he’s on the board here if you‘d like to ask more about the Model X production & backlog methodology… @Troy IIRC?

Reactions: croman
I used to live in the NYC metro area. Traffic there is awful. LA traffic is famously awful.

AUSTIN traffic is absolutely nothing (and far less traffic than Houston). The lack of stress on the roads is noticeable. Even when there is traffic, I just think back to all the years of endless delays and I'm grateful to only be delayed 10-15 minutes!
This. I spent most of my life in the Bay Area and it's cute what Austinites refer to as "traffic" or "rush hour". Don't get me wrong, there can be some gnarly back-ups, but nothing like the Bay or LA.

I believe Troy bases his info in part on VINs that have been reported. He’s not a Tesla insider but he’s not just throwing darts at the board either. I think he’s on the board here if you‘d like to ask more about the Model X production & backlog methodology… @Troy IIRC?
In the tesla investors community he’s pretty well respected as performing solid analysis. His delivery estimate for q4 was 299k versus Wall Street consensus of 266k so he wasn’t horribly off from the actual number. Given that, I’m sure he’s out some thought into that chart.

Reactions: neo1738 and Stro
View attachment 752054
This is almost certainly going to be skewed as soon as GigaTexas starts producing the MY at scale.

Assuming GigaTexas follows the same production throughput scale GigaShanghai did in the first 12 months, we could see ≈140,000 cars come out of Texas in 2022.

Less stress on Fremont = more opportunities for MX production.