Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla never offered wood for Plaid MX
Tesla offered wood interior for Plaid in mid 2021 because carbon fiber was in short supply. Later, they changed it so that carbon fiber was the only "option".

We experienced this issue a couple weeks back on our new Model S. The issue happens even if you are financing through Tesla. I was trying to click on the Detail link to see if the $2k discount had been applied and accidentally clicked Pay. It immediately submitted the payment and marked it as paid, without asking me to confirm payment information. It just went ahead and used the bank account on record from our last purchase. We tried contacting several people at Tesla but they all said they couldn't do anything. While the bank account on record didn't have the $54k in it, the bank went ahead and sent the money to Tesla and the account had a large negative balance the next day. The following afternoon, we were able to move money over to cover it and fortunately didn't have any insufficient fund fees. Tesla definitely needs to add a payment confirmation to the Pay button and allow the user to cancel out or change account information.

Holy cow! Your bank is really nice.

Tesla offered wood interior for Plaid in mid 2021 because carbon fiber was in short supply. Later, they changed it so that carbon fiber was the only "option".

I know that, but that was only for MS. I went to wayback.com and looked back during the summer to see about that.
Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.56.40 AM.png
This is the MX configurator at the same time when model s plaid offered wood trim and you can see there is no option.
Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.55.44 AM.png

Here is model s plaid and you can see there is an option for wood/carbon-fiber trim. it was not an option for the Model x because production had not started yet,

I know that, but that was only for MS
Ah yes. It was an option on our Plaid Model S but we ordered the non-Plaid X, so I never noticed it wasn't offered there.

With that said, I do see the piping at 4:04 in the video, but I guess that could be a different vehicle (as it has carbon fiber as well). Seeing as he reportedly only had the car a couple days, I would guess he showed two different cars. Hopefully the buyer he sold it to got a real Plaid!
1641324171913.png

Last edited:
Yup.They called and said “Bad news your order for a Model X for only $79K has been canceled, Good news is for only $8k more you can get the new refresh Model X and since you had a 2020 order…. You’ll be on the priority list for the first deliveries“
like a sucker I sit and wait… Pissed enough to cancel the order but smart enough to buy it for $87K when ever they make and deliver it and then probably sell it for serious $$$$$$.
Smart! Definitely wait and make that $$$$$ hopefully it won’t be much longer … especially if your not in need of another car right now. We are 3 drivers with only 2 cars right now waiting for our X. I’ve had to rent a car several times during this year because we need a third car!
Waiting patiently………..😪

Ready to pick up my LR X in a few days. The concerning thing to me is that the car is verified to have 128 miles on it. The car was assigned to someone else and now matched to me. Not sure why the original person did not take delivery (SA don't know why the first person did not take delivery).

1. can someone post a check list sheet on what to look for?
2. If there is something wrong w the car, should I take delivery anyways and sell it for a profit? I'll take the profit and buy a Plaid S.
3. I'm thinking if I reject the car I'll be back in the waiting list (probably wait another year).
4. I asked the SA about the $2,000 credit for ordering pre refresh model. but they "have not heard of that".
Any advice?

I found it. Had a 340 mile drive ahead of me. Would not have wanted to find it a couple of hours later. However I don't get all of the credit, a couple I was talking to right before my appointment time told me that someone else had just taken delivery of a MY that had a nail in the tire.
Unbelievable. I have never seen or heard of this happening with a brand new car. Add it to the checklist, I suppose.

Ready to pick up my LR X in a few days. The concerning thing to me is that the car is verified to have 128 miles on it. The car was assigned to someone else and now matched to me. Not sure why the original person did not take delivery (SA don't know why the first person did not take delivery).

1. can someone post a check list sheet on what to look for?
2. If there is something wrong w the car, should I take delivery anyways and sell it for a profit? I'll take the profit and buy a Plaid S.
3. I'm thinking if I reject the car I'll be back in the waiting list (probably wait another year).
4. I asked the SA about the $2,000 credit for ordering pre refresh model. but they "have not heard of that".
Any advice?
It may be an early production car. do you mind sharing the vin except for the last 2 dights?

It may be an early production car. do you mind sharing the vin except for the last 2 dights?
7SAXCBE54NF3295XX

-just got off the phone with an SA, he said the car was for delivery to someone else, but that person was out of town, and could not sign doc for home delivery. Story check outs, since that person lives about 50 miles away from delivery center.

Reactions: EV_LIFE
7SAXCBE54NF3295XX

-just got off the phone with an SA, he said the car was for delivery to someone else, but that person was out of town, and could not sign doc for home delivery. Story check outs, since that person lives about 50 miles away from delivery center.
Weird. My rep offered home delivery to me until he saw I lived 48 miles away. Max here in Houston is 30 miles. So someone lied. If it’s my dude, he’s gonna be hurting soon and lucky I haven’t received an MX yet.

Ah yes. It was an option on our Plaid Model S but we ordered the non-Plaid X, so I never noticed it wasn't offered there.

With that said, I do see the piping at 4:04 in the video, but I guess that could be a different vehicle (as it has carbon fiber as well). Seeing as he reportedly only had the car a couple days, I would guess he showed two different cars. Hopefully the buyer he sold it to got a real Plaid!
View attachment 751906
If you look way back before MX Plaid was in production & was being spotted in the wild , Photos at that time were in different publications showing plaids with wood trim- let's not forget our countrys supply shortages for the last year & continues with no end in sight - Tesla is continually working hard to produce vehicles no mather what obstacles are thrown at it ...... I remember 1 particular photo in Teslerante,of a parked Black MXP with a dog napping on drivers side waithig for driver to return. It is still available & if you google it.....as follows for those that don't know how it's done..... Search >Model X Plaid & click on images at the top of the page -You will run accross it many pictured. So it's very possible that reseller of MXP is legit.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker