Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When we ordered we have the MVPA. In the T&C it says

"options, features or hardware released or changed after you place your order may not be included in or available for your Vehicle"

I understand Plaid+ not being available..they aren't making the battery. But if they make LR 5 and 7...they can make Plaid 5 and 7. So...thinking Plaid 5 and 7 will just get their cars when the bench is available?

He offered it to me today, but a 6 seater will not work for me. So I am sure if they plan to make only 6 seaters for the remainder of the year they will definitely reach out to you or you can call them and check. Then again it is coming from Tesla and it might change if you get a different agent or call on a different day. Just saying. Just glad that I got a Y during the year end push so that I am not dependent on the X for my daily commute.
did the same. got a MYP for work, very happy with it. and mine says Feb for 6 seater MX LR.

i don't want to pay an extra 6,500 for a seat I don't need, lose cargo space as 2nd row can't fold down. I've had the 7 seater and 5 seater X, i love the 2nd row bench because it is super wide and can fit 3 adults comfortably
Same, biggest reason I wouldn't want a 6 is the middle seat doesn't fold down. I had situations last year where I have had large boxes in my Fathers 2020 model X 5 seater during a move which did not fit through the trunk opening, but we were able to get these large boxes to fit through the falcon wing doors opening, 2nd row folded down seats. The space with the open falcon door was surprisingly more accommodating than the rear hatch opening. Admittedly I may not use that space often, but would regret the times that I may need to. Of course everyone's needs are different and I do see other benefits of a 6 seater. If offered for an earlier delivery though instead of the 7 that I ordered....would be a hard decision.

I absolutely understand all of the frustration around the delay of 5/7 seats; it sucks, especially if you reserved early. That said, the X is first and foremost a family transport... the 6 seat has the most utility for families/car seats by far. I'm eager to see actual numbers, but I would guess the 6 seat reservations outnumber the others by a significant margin.

He offered it to me today, but a 6 seater will not work for me. So I am sure if they plan to make only 6 seaters for the remainder of the year they will definitely reach out to you or you can call them and check. Then again it is coming from Tesla and it might change if you get a different agent or call on a different day. Just saying. Just glad that I got a Y during the year end push so that I am not dependent on the X for my daily commute.

I'm beginning to think it might be a viable option to drive a 6-seater for a year and switch it up later to CT or 7-seater, whichever happens first. Especially if they don't require to pay extra for the 6-seater, so I won't be first in line, just wait until they run out of 6-seat volunteers.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
I absolutely understand all of the frustration around the delay of 5/7 seats; it sucks, especially if you reserved early. That said, the X is first and foremost a family transport... the 6 seat has the most utility for families/car seats by far. I'm eager to see actual numbers, but I would guess the 6 seat reservations outnumber the others by a significant margin.
Each family is different and I think most of the 5 or 7 seater orders are for families. In my case I have 3 kids and occasional visits by grandparents which make the 7 seater a necessity. If Tesla is not planning to make a 7 seater that is fine, but a 6 seater will not work in my family situation and I won’t buy. Also I don’t want to convince one of my kids to sit in the third row for each trip.

i don't want to pay an extra 6,500 for a seat I don't need, lose cargo space as 2nd row can't fold down. I've had the 7 seater and 5 seater X, i love the 2nd row bench because it is super wide and can fit 3 adults comfortably
Seems like the MX LR still has your prefered 2nd row bench seats & will fit your needs (family car).....which is still available ?

I'm glad you feel that way. I also had great experience with my BMW X3M Competition and the dealer's delivery and service. The car was exceptional, however I sold it based on "one of the many" Tesla promised delivery dates. Now we have a single car and I'm driving a Sprinter delivery van from my wife's business!

I can tell you that just because the X is an exceptional vehicle with amazing features and capabilities, it won't be good enough to erase the HORRIBLE experience with Tesla. If we did business with other companies that lie and continually over promise and under deliver, like Tesla has and continues to do, I doubt that we'd keep doing business with them. In my case this transaction is a one and done with Tesla. I'll buy future EV's from a company that values my business and understands what customer service is and what it means, even if the EV isn't equal to or comparable to Tesla vehicles.

The anticipation of the new X is the only thing keeping me interested in Tesla. Like others, I also don't own Tesla stock and am definitely not a fan boy! From many other posts here, it sounds like Tesla is the "same ol' company" they've always been. I had a boss who shared some outstanding wisdom with me. He said that "you can't talk your way out of something you behaved your way into". I found that extremely profound and applicable to what we've experienced with Tesla.

That is all... (off my soapbox now)
you should 'call it' and surrender your Tesla to someone else that wants one badly. Why suffer so much?