Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An Idling car (without taking the heater into consideration), will burn at least 1/2 gallon per hour. So on an ICE car, 60 mile range equates to 2 gallons. You would have run out of gas in the 4th hour, out of the 4.5 hours you were stuck there.

Yes, the story would have been different with a full tank of gas.... and also with a fully charged battery as well.
not really, i passed like 5+ gas stations...if that really was an issue i couldve just got gas.

Are you saying I need to have a fully charged car in winter driving when i plan to drive 8 miles? Sitting there with no heat the car was still burning electrons just keeping the battery warm. ICE you just shut off car

i'm not even sure what there is to debate...an ICE is going to be better for you in extreme cold situations vs a Tesla except for suffocation issues from exhaust blockage

Reactions: gglockner
An Idling car (without taking the heater into consideration), will burn at least 1/2 gallon per hour. So on an ICE car, 60 mile range equates to 2 gallons. You would have run out of gas in the 4th hour, out of the 4.5 hours you were stuck there.

Yes, the story would have been different with a full tank of gas.... and also with a fully charged battery as well.
Bjorn did an excellent cold weather test of a Model 3P in very cold conditions, the heat pump models make a huge difference. He went ~approx 72 hours in sub zero temps with heat on auto at 72 degrees

Hello everyone!

Long time follower, first time poster. Just chiming in because I gave the Fremont phone line a call and wanted to share my findings.

First of all, this is my first Tesla order and I ordered on 7/21/21. I ordered MX LR W/W/6/22/no FSD. Original EDD Jan-Feb. Updated to Jan in August and then to Feb on 12/8/21 like almost everyone else.

When I spoke to Fremont, they looked up my order based on my phone number and RN115345XXX and told me that I’m looking at July delivery. He said it’s a good thing that I’m a 6-seater or I’d be waiting until 2023 for a 5 or 7 seater.

A little shocked, I asked if he was sure about his estimates since the app and website show February. He said based on their algorithm and production predictions, July is what my EDD is looking to be.

Do we know how accurate the predictions in Fremont are? I certainly don’t expect or hope to get my reservation before some of you who have been waiting much longer than me. I was just hoping for a huge production ramp up where we could all receive our X’s this quarter.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I have 1/9/21 plaid 7 seater reservation… can you share the Fremont phone number? Curious what I will get as an estimate.

Thanks!

Such a gorgeous car. Dont you have any other pics other than the discrepancies?
I should have taken more pictures. Right now it is at the service center and awaiting parts. They are going to replace the windshield. I knew the car was amazing as this is my first Tesla, however I did not realize how amazing it is just being a refresh from the previous model. I have a 2016 MX as a loaner and it is so different that it is almost unrecognizable that it is the same model or even same company. The new refresh is truly amazing and worth every minute it takes to get it. In less than a week I forgot how to drive a car with a round steering wheel and stocks.

This next week is going to feel like time is standing still. It is almost worse than waiting for a vin or getting a vin and losing it, now I got the car and it is gone again. I can only imagine how horrible it is going to be for the first person that totals it and has to get back in line to get a other one. Not knowing what you are missing is so much easier. You have the excitement and anticipation of what is to come. Now it is like morning the loss of a loved one. I go out in the garage to grab something and catch a fading note of that new car smell that was so intoxicating just days before. I look forward to everyone having their car and looking back and laughing over the crazy events that took place in the process of getting such an amazing pice of advancement in mankind.

7B0BFD47-531E-4AC4-869A-D2535B98A328.jpeg

No new x today. Had to leave in a loner. Hopefully will have a fix next week so I can take it home

I have 1/9/21 plaid 7 seater reservation… can you share the Fremont phone number? Curious what I will get as an estimate.

Thanks!
I just called the fremont delivery center and had the lady who asnwered the phone look up my account. I have a 1/27/21 order date (first date of the refresh) 6 seater, LR, white ext, blk int with 20' wheels ordered and located in SoCal. Account to "TBD about 2 weeks ago. She basically stated that there is no estimate on when my delivery will happen and that they are currently working on fullffilling orders for people who order in 2020. When i told her that i have first hand knowledge of at least a DOZEN or more orders that have been delivered with order date on or AFTER mine she basically stated that she cant speak to that and only know that they are still working through older orders. So, my 1 year order anniversary is fast approaching and have absolutely nothing to show for it. I have had my model 3 since its initial launch (ordered that one on its launch date as well) and have enjoyed it ever since but this situation is absolutely awful. FWIW, i have a powerwall system that I ordered with Tesla in October of 2020 that is also still pending delivery and installation. I keep betting to see which will be delivered first but its just mind boggling to me that there is no communication AT ALL on either. I know Tesla at this point doesnt care at all about what their customers think about their customer service, but i can tell you that one day in not too distant future, when there will be legitimate competition from other car companies for EV products, that Telsa will rue the fact that they spurned their customer base that was so loyal to them.

Hello everyone!

Long time follower, first time poster. Just chiming in because I gave the Fremont phone line a call and wanted to share my findings.

First of all, this is my first Tesla order and I ordered on 7/21/21. I ordered MX LR W/W/6/22/no FSD. Original EDD Jan-Feb. Updated to Jan in August and then to Feb on 12/8/21 like almost everyone else.

When I spoke to Fremont, they looked up my order based on my phone number and RN115345XXX and told me that I’m looking at July delivery. He said it’s a good thing that I’m a 6-seater or I’d be waiting until 2023 for a 5 or 7 seater.

A little shocked, I asked if he was sure about his estimates since the app and website show February. He said based on their algorithm and production predictions, July is what my EDD is looking to be.

Do we know how accurate the predictions in Fremont are? I certainly don’t expect or hope to get my reservation before some of you who have been waiting much longer than me. I was just hoping for a huge production ramp up where we could all receive our X’s this quarter.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
seems like now even July does not stand true. what's stopping them from delivering seeing so many Xs in the last drone video.

I just called the fremont delivery center and had the lady who asnwered the phone look up my account. I have a 1/27/21 order date (first date of the refresh) 6 seater, LR, white ext, blk int with 20' wheels ordered and located in SoCal. Account to "TBD about 2 weeks ago. She basically stated that there is no estimate on when my delivery will happen and that they are currently working on fullffilling orders for people who order in 2020. When i told her that i have first hand knowledge of at least a DOZEN or more orders that have been delivered with order date on or AFTER mine she basically stated that she cant speak to that and only know that they are still working through older orders. So, my 1 year order anniversary is fast approaching and have absolutely nothing to show for it. I have had my model 3 since its initial launch (ordered that one on its launch date as well) and have enjoyed it ever since but this situation is absolutely awful. FWIW, i have a powerwall system that I ordered with Tesla in October of 2020 that is also still pending delivery and installation. I keep betting to see which will be delivered first but its just mind boggling to me that there is no communication AT ALL on either. I know Tesla at this point doesnt care at all about what their customers think about their customer service, but i can tell you that one day in not too distant future, when there will be legitimate competition from other car companies for EV products, that Telsa will rue the fact that they spurned their customer base that was so loyal to them.
Seems no one has the right information. it's just passing the ball. wait wait wait wait and wait....

My guess is that June would be a better estimate (end of quarter is historically when most west coast deliveries happen). You have approximately 8-10 months of 6 seat orders ahead of you PLUS how ever many 5/7 seat orders were before you and switched to 6 seats when offered. Unless you are like one of the lucky randoms that is in the right place at the right time, you are going to be waiting much longer than Feb.

Reactions: LL#2
Not trying to minimize your experience or make excuses for Tesla. 100% agree this is not a customer-centric way of doing business. But also, this is always the way Tesla’s been and it’s extremely well documented, so one could argue planning anything at all around a Tesla EDD was just asking for trouble.
Before anyone bash me, I’m a huge fan of Tesla and own significant stocks in the company. However, as a consumer, its completely unacceptable to not get a straight answer and predictable EDD. For the f sake, be transparent so we can plan things around it. Tesla must address customer experience and I really hope they do!!

So speaking of this scenario Levi mentioned and I fear (accident requiring a new order)..wonder if $250 for insurance policy is worth it. Go ahead and order another X now so you’ve got a backup spot in line in case anything happens. It would be 2023 if you order now (at least) so might be worth locking in.
This is sort of what I did - 2 on order, see which comes first, etc.
Sad that we have to do this though.