Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called the fremont delivery center and had the lady who asnwered the phone look up my account. I have a 1/27/21 order date (first date of the refresh) 6 seater, LR, white ext, blk int with 20' wheels ordered and located in SoCal. Account to "TBD about 2 weeks ago. She basically stated that there is no estimate on when my delivery will happen and that they are currently working on fullffilling orders for people who order in 2020. When i told her that i have first hand knowledge of at least a DOZEN or more orders that have been delivered with order date on or AFTER mine she basically stated that she cant speak to that and only know that they are still working through older orders. So, my 1 year order anniversary is fast approaching and have absolutely nothing to show for it. I have had my model 3 since its initial launch (ordered that one on its launch date as well) and have enjoyed it ever since but this situation is absolutely awful. FWIW, i have a powerwall system that I ordered with Tesla in October of 2020 that is also still pending delivery and installation. I keep betting to see which will be delivered first but its just mind boggling to me that there is no communication AT ALL on either. I know Tesla at this point doesnt care at all about what their customers think about their customer service, but i can tell you that one day in not too distant future, when there will be legitimate competition from other car companies for EV products, that Telsa will rue the fact that they spurned their customer base that was so loyal to them.
Same configuration as me and I ordered 4 days before you and I’m in Reno (closer than you). It’s a race to see who gets it first!!

I have a feeling that the monthly FSD subscription is about to go up in price too after this price hike. So may pull the trigger on FSD for my MX just to play it safe.
I will be upgrading the refresh again once the 4680 Mx shows up, though I know it could be awhile. 2, 3, or 4 years? I'll pay monthly rather than buying full price 3 FSD's over 7 or so years. Including my 2018.

I have a feeling that the monthly FSD subscription is about to go up in price too after this price hike. So may pull the trigger on FSD for my MX just to play it safe.
Do it. I’m loving FSD 10.8 in the Y. It’s not as good as Mars blog or whatever that dude’s Twitter handle claims. Roundabouts are hit or miss or miss or miss 🤣
Etc. But it’s 💯 % fun and awesome.

Oh no...guess its off. Too many people called.
I haven’t even once called Tesla since I placed my order. I just think it’s pointless and they are accelerating their acceleration of product development.

I would feel like a kid pestering their parents “are were there yet” when the parents are fighting awful traffic in a blizzard with hail and a zombie invasion etc you get the point lol

I haven’t even once called Tesla since I placed my order. I just think it’s pointless and they are accelerating their acceleration of product development.

I would feel like a kid pestering their parents “are were there yet” when the parents are fighting awful traffic in a blizzard with hail and a zombie invasion etc you get the point lol
In this analogy my parents told me we’re headed to Florida coming from Texas and We just passed a sign saying, “Welcome to China!” You know something is seriously wrong.

Sometimes I think people miscalculate their cost of FSD. Are they taking into account the portion of the value when they sell that is attributable? That’s why I also was suspicious about selling a Tesla back to Tesla. They are the only ones who can just say the software portion has zero value.

Sometimes I think people miscalculate their cost of FSD. Are they taking into account the portion of the value when they sell that is attributable? That’s why I also was suspicious about selling a Tesla back to Tesla. They are the only ones who can just say the software portion has zero value.
A dealer showed me their valuations sheet on teslas as trade-in and they only valued FSD at $1,326. That’s only one data point but I’d bet it’s similar.

• Informative
Reactions: Stro
Leaving the waiting room today folks. Picked up my MX Plaid this evening. Put my toe in it on the drive home and WOW! Beast of a car. Lots to explore. Dropping some 'on the lot' pics here and will post others over in the photos thread when I get some daylight for good shots. Stro, thanks for creating this fun, and informative space for all of us to hang out while waiting for our cars to arrive.

IMG_1077.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_1080.JPG
IMG_1083.jpg

1500 wh/mile is easy if you are stuck in place in a snowstorm and only move a few miles over the course of hours while running the heat.
Is it really, though? If the car isn't moving very fast, it's not using a lot of electricity. The amount of power it takes to heat the cabin is a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what it takes to propel the car down the road at a reasonable speed. If you're mostly idling/creeping forward I would think the wh/mi would actually be quite a bit less than if you were flooring it going ~80+mph at normal temps?

Reactions: T3slafan2500

I didn't call either, just offering the phone number others had used.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr