Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s simply driving around in the fastest SUV in the world…. It really doesn’t matter if you track it or not. It’s not about beating that Ferrari next to you. It’s that they know you can if you wanted to 😉

Those kinds of supercars are a daily occurrence where I live though.
... And why would the guy driving the Ferrari know that your car is faster than his???

It comes down to you thinking that you know the Ferrari guy knows your SUV is faster... Hence, your ego is boosted! 😁😁😁

1up super duty. Best bike rack will work great with a model X - keep in mind the vertical Weight limits. Two e bikes max with the tesla factory hitch and a relatively lightweight bike rack.

Also remove the batteries from the ebikes if possible while they are being hauled and put them inside the vehicle with you.
Thank you for the advice. We ended up with a kuat rack for now. Hoping it works on the X, if not, we’ll stick to using the truck. We had already planned on removing the batteries to reduce weight and the risk of theft although they are difficult to remove without the key. My husband had already been looking at the weight limits and calculating what would be safe - he’s an engineer and really into that stuff, which is why he was a bit disappointed in himself for not researching the racks further. He had been concerned the rack would not work from the beginning. Ah well.

Reactions: suyoungman
Ooooh, wasn't aware of that e-mail contact - I just shot off an e-mail.
I did the same, lets see what update is given by the support email. I'm an LA order and the number I originally received the initial txt from last year doesn't appear to respond at all. That initial text also listed [email protected] as a contact, so I sent a copy of my question re: ETA to that email and order support. Hopefully, at least one of them responds. Although, I'm guessing best approximation of an ETA estimate for me will be when someone here w/ 7 seat order finally gets a VIN.

I went to a Tesla Store in Boca, Florida. SA pulled my order with my telephone number and estimated my car to be delivered in second quarter instead of February as stated on my reservation currently. It appeared the SA had enough information on my order to give me that piece of information. Looks like the EDD is going to be changed again by end of this month.
What was your order date?

Correct.

Based only on my observation, it seems they have been delivering a batch of 6-seater LR (and I guess some Plaid) orders, and the next batch in line is potentially the 5-seater cohort. I assume that earlier 5 orders will go ahead of me, and depending on supply chain and other logistical variables, I could get kicked to the next batch. Again - this is just based on some intuition. The odd deliveries for later orders lines up with the idea that they're putting orders into cohorts.
I hope you are right!

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Since you and I are waiting for the same car and you ordered three months earlier in California, I am rooting for you! Please shout when you get any news!

ICUdoc30

A third of the way through January and still February EDD. I expect updated EDD this week either on Thursday or the 15th

White white 7 seater

Count me in with the same Car order, rooting for you both since you guys are both earlier than my order date!

Reactions: ICUdoc30 and EV3_
Thank you for the advice. We ended up with a kuat rack for now. Hoping it works on the X, if not, we’ll stick to using the truck. We had already planned on removing the batteries to reduce weight and the risk of theft although they are difficult to remove without the key. My husband had already been looking at the weight limits and calculating what would be safe - he’s an engineer and really into that stuff, which is why he was a bit disappointed in himself for not researching the racks further. He had been concerned the rack would not work from the beginning. Ah well.
My older brother uses it on his pre-refresh X and as with many things we have all ordered here, my bike rack for my X showed up months ago so I’ve been using it on my Nissan. It’s very well designed and built well while not weighing a ton.

... And why would the guy driving the Ferrari know that your car is faster than his???

It comes down to you thinking that you know the Ferrari guy knows your SUV is faster... Hence, your ego is boosted! 😁😁😁
its starting to be well known in the drag strip world to not race against a Tesla. They fear it.

Waiting patiently for my Model X Plaid, 5-seater, in Seattle (ordered April 2021). I had been emailing my Tesla advisor trying to get an update about timing and whether there are any changes I can make to my configuration to make delivery come sooner. I called the showroom in Seattle and received the following update from Sam (for what it's worth):

• He had not heard that Tesla is not making 5- or 7-seaters and does not recommend that I change anything about my configuration.
  • He has seen a "handful' of Model X Plaids delivered in Seattle and says they have "very slowly been rolling them out."
  • He believes that the Plaids will be "delivered first."
  • The February EDD is very much a placeholder.
  • The person who was originally assigned as my Tesla advisor is no longer assigned to me, which is probably why he was not returning my messages. If I want further updates, I should just call the showroom.
I am not presenting any of this as gospel. Just reporting on what a person named Sam at the showroom told me.

It's the day before scheduled delivery. Checked MVPA and see my expected market adjustments ($2k for pre-refresh order and $2k due to locked in $8k FSD price)

1641837527117.png

Waiting patiently for my Model X Plaid, 5-seater, in Seattle (ordered April 2021). I had been emailing my Tesla advisor trying to get an update about timing and whether there are any changes I can make to my configuration to make delivery come sooner. I called the showroom in Seattle and received the following update from Sam (for what it's worth):

• He had not heard that Tesla is not making 5- or 7-seaters and does not recommend that I change anything about my configuration.
  • He has seen a "handful' of Model X Plaids delivered in Seattle and says they have "very slowly been rolling them out."
  • He believes that the Plaids will be "delivered first."
  • The February EDD is very much a placeholder.
  • The person who was originally assigned as my Tesla advisor is no longer assigned to me, which is probably why he was not returning my messages. If I want further updates, I should just call the showroom.
I am not presenting any of this as gospel. Just reporting on what a person named Sam at the showroom told me.
I ordered the Plaid 5 seater, White, black interior, 20" wheels, no fsd, in June 2021.

I got the following text yesterday when I asked if I could still receive my car as originally ordered:

Tesla:

Hello, you may select either of following options:
1. Move your order to a Model X Plaid 6-Seat configuration. You will receive a price adjustment of $6,500 that is intended to mitigate the adjusted price.
2. Move your order to a Model X LONG RANGE 5 Seat Configuration. This will move your estimated delivery to, at the latest, May 2023. You will also be subject to current pricing and your estimated vehicle price after adjustment would be $106,190.

Me:

I'll select option 1

Tesla:

Please visit your online Tesla account to edit your configuration. Please select "Manage" to access your vehicle order page, then select the "Edit Design" link on the right-hand side. Please be advised that any updates to your vehicle configuration will cause the entirety of your order to be migrated to our website's most-current pricing and may affect your vehicle's estimated delivery timing.