Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you’re picking up at Fremont? Have they reached out to you yet?

I was assigned a VIN a week ago and I called the Fremont Delivery Team to see when I should expect a call. They told me it just came out of production and has not been through inspection yet.

Same situation here. When I called, I was told car is at the factory but they expect to receive it later this week. I was told to expect a Delivery call around Fri or Sat.

I already sold my car yesterday.

Reactions: Miyakudude
Very unfair ! ...... We paid for our upgrades.... Is this Teslas official policy?

Except that you wanted the 6 seater. I not only don't want it but reduces my cargo space. I have no need for 6 seats and won't ever carry six occupants. I'd pay extra to get the 5 seater I ordered. So if they turned around and tried to charge me extra for an option that is actually worse for me, I'd have to cancel. What I really want is the car I ordered for the non refundable order fee I paid but now I'm going to be forced into something sub optimal even if it doesn't cost extra.

You're at least getting what you ordered for the price you ordered it for. I'm not :(

Except that you wanted the 6 seater. I not only don't want it but reduces my cargo space. I have no need for 6 seats and won't ever carry six occupants. I'd pay extra to get the 5 seater I ordered. So if they turned around and tried to charge me extra for an option that is actually worse for me, I'd have to cancel. What I really want is the car I ordered for the non refundable order fee I paid but now I'm going to be forced into something sub optimal even if it doesn't cost extra.

You're at least getting what you ordered for the price you ordered it for. I'm not :(
I feel you. I ordered a 7 seater Plaid and that is the only seating configuration I want. I’d pay extra for it even if it costs more than 6 seater. Just because Tesla offers 6 seater option for free I don’t even want it.

I definitely would have not accepted it with those potentially major issues. (128 miles no excuse for it!) & With that back door gap/misalighment looks really serious....If i recall did we not see this particular MX build refused by a prior customer,who posted it a while back? I recall blue with high mileage but i don't remember rear door issue..
yeah, the door plastics rubs. I'll be going in for service on the 15th and report back. thanks for the concern.

I think a lot of us have similar personality types here judging by recent posts.

The next rung in the ladder we need to climb is getting one of us into tesla at the executive level so we can fix things.
I have literally thought about this.

This forum would literally not exist. It’s been cool getting to know you all but yeah I really just want my Model X!

Reactions: ductordoc
My belief is that all that have received a VIN for their LRs but haven't been able to schedule delivery have their cars on the field at Tesla still awaiting part(s). So any 'new' production that's been happening for the last week or two is purely Plaids which means I have zero chance of getting a VIN this month. I'm still waiting for February to change to March.
This could be 100% true. Got my car delivered in 17 Dec. Left it in the rain for a day and there was mud washing out of the crevices. I am sure that they have the Model X shell already manufactured and stored in some "field" :)

Reactions: studioloft and Stro
That's great!! Actually in-flight emergencies happen often on my flights for some reason, and as an anesthesiologist I guess I'm kinda useful. Actually, to make this Tesla-relevant, in September I was on a flight to Barcelona and got called to assist in two emergencies during the flight (one was a legit emergency, had to start an IV, give 2L fluids, IV meds, etc) and for doing all of that for the airline, they gave me a year of free flights with two free first-class upgrades. Why is that Tesla relevant? Because THAT'S an example of customer service!
Dayum. To think all I’d be good for is an eye problem or CPR. They’d give me a lollipop, if that.

(Jk, full unrestricted medical license here, but still if there’s ANY other Dr on the flight I’ll pass…) 😄

I got a vin 12/29/21, completed all the steps needed. Was told X was gonna arrive on the 1st but nothing, then I got a text saying that my X was on the way to my delivery center. Got scheduled a 1/9/22 delivery day. Then they called me 1/8/22 to tell me my car hasn’t moved and pushed me to 1/13/22. I called this morning and it still hasn’t moved, apparently there’s a transportation shortage. 😕