Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am seeing the same thing. I ordered a 5 seater Plai in November with ETA of August and an advisor called me today to let me know they cant make the 5 seater in plaid only long range and I told him I didn't want long range so he offered to change it to 6 for no cost. Good deal as I am one person not a family and don't need it but the individual second row seating is a much much nicer setup IMO, just was not worth coughing up $6500 for me. Just hope it doesn't push me to the back of the line now!
I ordered in October and I didn’t get the call. I did text 2 days ago asking about the status of getting my 5 seat plaid and they simply replied sorry they are not making 5 seat plaid anymore. I wasn’t offered anything else. Did I screw this up by contacting them first?

I ordered in October and I didn’t get the call. I did text 2 days ago asking about the status of getting my 5 seat plaid and they simply replied sorry they are not making 5 seat plaid anymore. I wasn’t offered anything else. Did I screw this up by contacting them first?
I ordered 7 seat plaid in August with April delivery. No call yet here either. I assume they’ve got a long list of people to call. I don’t know why they don’t just send a mass email assuming it’s the same scenario for all 5/7 seat plaid orders.

I ordered 7 seat plaid in August with April delivery. No call yet here either. I assume they’ve got a long list of people to call. I don’t know why they don’t just send a mass email assuming it’s the same scenario for all 5/7 seat plaid orders.
It is indeed very strange they way they handle this. But hey, it’s Tesla. If I had to guess… they might be trying to get people to pay for the difference and if they refuse then offer the discount.

Reactions: UCF3 and gglockner
Unless this is fake:

This is the Chinese show car I mentioned previously " The impossible to manufacture 7 seat. May be a Chinese option, but our overlords know that we don’t need it because the six seat is SO good……

• Funny
Reactions: sorka
Hello all, is there anyone here that can answer my question? if so here it is. what's the lowest number Refresh X Vin we are aware of? like I know we probably will never know exactly what Vin, but at least wanted to see if anyone knew anything. because I am trying to see early my car was down the production line.

From the "Oracle"
That would probably be the vin from Sunnyvale Tree, our first delivery. He posted most of his vin and might tell all if you pm him. Nice person who took some spears here before he dropped off after delivery.

Or how someone can get a VIN then have it taken away.. only to see another person in this thread get offered that VIN.. not because they ordered that color interior or exterior or seat configuration or wheel size but ONLY because they lived close to the factory and could help make Tesla satisfy their EOY numbers over their most loyal customers.
Is that over 140 characters?
#priorityqueue

He legit ghosted us and there have been plenty of @ Sunny’s pinging him..
he posted that video on YouTube.. I’d comment on that video asking him there.
Oh my goodness! I looked at his TMC account and he posted on another thread on Sunday, first post since October.
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 9.21.00 PM.png

Reactions: studioloft
Ordered! Thank you for the heads up!

I agree that they aren't ideal, but they're better than going with carpeted mats for the snowy season.
I’ve been driving the Y occasionally for almost a year now, and I can tell you, it only gets better.

It’s such a pleasure to drive. I absolutely love Tesla.
Same here. Love my used 2018 Model X lease return I bought off the Tesla Website after it got too cold to drive the golf cart to work. It only had 12000 miles on it. Drove it from New Jersey to Dallas then to Orlando and back to Dallas putting 4500 miles on it the first three weeks I had it. A great comfortable fast and spacious road car. Now no more angst over when my new X arrives, and looking forward to the improvements on the new one. This is the best car I have ever owned. Glad to be rid of that uncomfortable gas hog 2020 Mercedes GLS 450 I sold back to the dealer for $4000 over what I paid them!

Thanks, that helps answer most of my question, my Vin is 5YJXCBE53MF3267** so I'm probably in the first 500 cars built.
My VIN is close. 5YJXCBE53MF3267xx. so we could be right next to each other. Still don't have it yet. Friday will be 1 month since getting a VIN. Car is still in Fremont.
I'm a little nervous, wondering what this first batch of X's are like. How has yours shaken out?
Are your FWD good now? Any lingering issues?

Also, my SC is 72 miles from my house, so I figure I'll need to ensure I identify any issues before I leave.

Reactions: EV_LIFE
So after all my great oaths about wanting the 5 seater for more “utility room” in my SUV I too got the call today from Mike at Tesla.It was a strangely casual conversation and he said something to the effect that I probably knew why he was calling if I was active on the forums. Again thanks to people here I was ready to talk about it and prepared for the call if it ever came. No idea it would come in three or four days…since I am a June 2021 plaid order and changed from White to Black in October after seeing the refresh pictures here. Apparently the switch did not reposition me in the very loosely defined queue as I had been warned.
.I was prepared to argue about the $3000 up charge we had discussed here,but he told me they were giving me the full $6500 credit for the Six seat upgrade.We talked about how much better a folding middle row would be and he gave me some of their thoughts on why they don’t do that. He said it was the most optimal seat configuration with the Falcon Wing doors and asked if I had tried it. I said I had not and of course he told me he was sure I would be much happier with it, etc. etc. He tried to make the case that the Plaids would only be made with six seats for a more premium experience. He detailed the electric motors on the middle seats and how they did move forward a great deal…He also said getting this upgrade included was a great deal and they were doing this to make things right etc. Then when I asked about the LRs and then the lack of 5 and 7 seater production it became a supply issue of course and an ongoing one…Did not give me a good feeling that our LR members were about to get Vins except for 6 seaters.

All in all, I rolled right over, took the admittedly unexpectedly generous offer and thanked the man for his call. He said they were finally more confident of their ramp up and thought I would be pleasantly surprised how quick my Plaid would be delivered. No specifics of course but much sooner than the June date I floated to him. He promised a follow up by E Mail confirming the price adjustment at delivery. I have to say just talking to a Tesla person about my order did wonders for my attitude, especially when they are actually doing something against their grain financially. I am still shocked they actually did this based on the approach they took on the LR seat change upgrade charge last month. Maybe they took some heat on that or actually read some comments of long time Tesla customers they screwed. But I took the deal and ran.

My VIN is close. 5YJXCBE53MF3267xx. so we could be right next to each other. Still don't have it yet. Friday will be 1 month since getting a VIN. Car is still in Fremont.
I'm a little nervous, wondering what this first batch of X's are like. How has yours shaken out?
Are your FWD good now? Any lingering issues?

Also, my SC is 72 miles from my house, so I figure I'll need to ensure I identify any issues before I leave.
Still having issues with one of the FWD but hopefully service will be able to fix that. also do you want to PM me so we can exchange one more of digits in the Vin? so we can figure out how close our cars were together.