Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like the 6-seat setup but if I ever needed to camp, or used the X as my only vehicle, it would annoy the hell out of me to not be able to fold the seats down. That'd be a non-starter for me for such a big vehicle to be so compromised if I didn't also have a full-size pickup just sitting there in the garage all the time. It amazes me they're just...not making it. Seems absurd. I figured they'd change course on Model Y Performance 7-seater but they never did, and this feels the same, just retconning the entire reason people ordered the vehicle from "reasonably sized 7-seat vehicle" to "you want a tesla whistle"

Im having the Exact same issue. are early is your Vin? may be it only effects early on built cars.
I also know of several people on the Facebook Model X group that also are having same problem. One person is freaking me out a bit because they replaced the sensor and it failed again the next day. My VIN is 7SAXCBE54NF3289XX. I took delivery on 12/29, door worked fine at SC twice, failed the next morning when I went to show my kids.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hey guys. I have a couple questions since this is my first tesla.

1. Is it normal for the app and the car to take along time to find each other? Example if I wanted to heat up the car before I leave work. It just keeps saying last seen this many hours and wont let me do anything until I get next to the car.

2. I have some podcasts that I downloaded on a usb drive and put it in the car. It works fine but each time I go in the car it starts from the beginning. Anyway for it to save where I stopped at?
1. it uses internet, you don't need to be next to the car - this is a coincidence. Your phone does not communicate to your car directly other than for phone key.

I really like the 6-seat setup but if I ever needed to camp, or used the X as my only vehicle, it would annoy the hell out of me to not be able to fold the seats down. That'd be a non-starter for me for such a big vehicle to be so compromised if I didn't also have a full-size pickup just sitting there in the garage all the time. It amazes me they're just...not making it. Seems absurd. I figured they'd change course on Model Y Performance 7-seater but they never did, and this feels the same, just retconning the entire reason people ordered the vehicle from "reasonably sized 7-seat vehicle" to "you want a tesla whistle"
The six-seater is really cool, but I understand it's not for everyone. Having said that, It's more versatile than people give it credit for.

For what it's worth, my Model X Plaid is my second six-seat Model X. My first was a 2019 P100D, which I unloaded for my 2022. This configuration has served me well, and from my perspective, I've never felt like the configuration was a compromise. Mind you, I'm not a "camp in my car" type of guy (although the HVAC feature for sleeping in the car seems nice), and definitely won't be hauling sheets of plywood in the premium interior of this beast.

I take a lot of long-distance road trips. I live in San Francisco, and also have property in Palm Springs, and prefer to drive between them (~500 miles each way) for long weekends, etc., and we often take another couple with us. The six seat config is perfect for that. The second-row mono-post captains seats are more comfortable / supportive than bench seats (for a long road trip), and I use the space between them for a powered fridge where I keep cold drinks and snacks. Storage has never been a problem (luggage for four people). I keep the third row seats folded down, and that space provides plenty of room for most large items. I combine that with the under-floor storage in the trunk, and the ample room in the frunk (which can accommodate items as large as roll-aboard luggage), and I've never wanted for more space.

Grrr, my wife gets the message below from Tesla. I ordered a Model S Plaid+ in December 2020 and a Model X LR in February 2021.

I ended up cancelling my Model S order and getting a Porsche Turbo and I'm still staring at February 2022 as a pipe dream delivery date here in Canada for my Model X.

Great way to rub it in Tesla! ALSO I'm calling total BS on July if you order anything now.

Hello from Tesla Oakville!

Thinking about a new vehicle for 2022? An order placed now will arrive for July.

Reply 'YES' to speak with a Tesla Advisor to schedule a test drive!

Thank you,
Tesla Oakville

Reactions: Ferrari ex
They don’t want it though. I would be pissed if Tesla tried to give me 22’s on my Plaid for free. It would be a downgrade for me from the 20’s I want.

I would feel bad for them more than anything. I think we should be rooting for Tesla to do things like this to make amends more often. I wouldn’t expect them to give me a discount though.
I understand what you’re saying, but I’m sure there are people who are ambivalent or didn’t feel very strongly one way or another. For those who care strongly, you are correct. I think I read one user said something to the effect of being excited about it. He didn’t have a family and didn’t really care much, but was looking forward to the 6 seat option.

The six-seater is really cool, but I understand it's not for everyone. Having said that, It's more versatile than people give it credit for.

For what it's worth, my Model X Plaid is my second six-seat Model X. My first was a 2019 P100D, which I unloaded for my 2022. This configuration has served me well, and from my perspective, I've never felt like the configuration was a compromise. Mind you, I'm not a "camp in my car" type of guy (although the HVAC feature for sleeping in the car seems nice), and definitely won't be hauling sheets of plywood in the premium interior of this beast.

I take a lot of long-distance road trips. I live in San Francisco, and also have property in Palm Springs, and prefer to drive between them (~500 miles each way) for long weekends, etc., and we often take another couple with us. The six seat config is perfect for that. The second-row mono-post captains seats are more comfortable / supportive than bench seats (for a long road trip), and I use the space between them for a powered fridge where I keep cold drinks and snacks. Storage has never been a problem (luggage for four people). I keep the third row seats folded down, and that space provides plenty of room for most large items. I combine that with the under-floor storage in the trunk, and the ample room in the frunk (which can accommodate items as large as roll-aboard luggage), and I've never wanted for more space.
I agree. I love the six seat configuration. I had it on my P100D. My kids, who are about 6 feet tall, also loved my car. Even the third row was fine as long as you sat in the middle aspect of it.

Hey guys. I have a couple questions since this is my first tesla.

1. Is it normal for the app and the car to take along time to find each other? Example if I wanted to heat up the car before I leave work. It just keeps saying last seen this many hours and wont let me do anything until I get next to the car.

2. I have some podcasts that I downloaded on a usb drive and put it in the car. It works fine but each time I go in the car it starts from the beginning. Anyway for it to save where I stopped at?
1. It happens. It’s a badly coded app IMO. If and when it hangs like you mentioned, just terminated (swipe it up on iOS) and reopen it. It should reconnect quickly.

2. I don’t believe you can do that. I recommend using your phone as it will remember stopping points.

Reactions: StewieGriffin
Hello all, is there anyone here that can answer my question? if so here it is. what's the lowest number Refresh X Vin we are aware of? like I know we probably will never know exactly what Vin, but at least wanted to see if anyone knew anything. because I am trying to see early my car was down the production line.

From the "Oracle"
In my tracking list, the lowest Model X Refresh VIN for a 2021 model year was MF3259xx. The lowest Model X Refresh VIN for a 2022 model year was NF3273xx.

I understand what you’re saying, but I’m sure there are people who are ambivalent or didn’t feel very strongly one way or another. For those who care strongly, you are correct. I think I read one user said something to the effect of being excited about it. He didn’t have a family and didn’t really care much, but was looking forward to the 6 seat option.
I ordered the 5 seater because I very rarely have a need to carry anymore than 3 people plus myself, and the few times per year I could use extra seat simply didn’t justify the price increase of the 6 seat upgrade. The ONLY reason I agreed to upgrade is because I had the entire month of December off for vacation so I looked at it as a $6500 convenience fee for the guaranteed delivery by the end of the year.

Imagine my chagrin when I discovered I was duped and now I can’t change back without losing my place in line…