Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. I have a couple questions since this is my first tesla.

1. Is it normal for the app and the car to take along time to find each other? Example if I wanted to heat up the car before I leave work. It just keeps saying last seen this many hours and wont let me do anything until I get next to the car.

2. I have some podcasts that I downloaded on a usb drive and put it in the car. It works fine but each time I go in the car it starts from the beginning. Anyway for it to save where I stopped at?
1) The car goes to sleep in order to save the battery. When it goes to sleep, it does not have a persistent connection to the Tesla service. The car will periodically check in with Tesla to see if it is needed for anything. When you open the app and the car is asleep, it tells Tesla to wake the car up next time it checks in. At that point the delay is where the car is in its sleep cycle. If you go up to the car then bluetooth from your phone will tell it to wake up immediately.

2) This has been an issue since Day 1. Tesla simply doesn't store where you were when it powers down. You would think it would be an easy software fix but after 9 years?

1) The car goes to sleep in order to save the battery. When it goes to sleep, it does not have a persistent connection to the Tesla service. The car will periodically check in with Tesla to see if it is needed for anything. When you open the app and the car is asleep, it tells Tesla to wake the car up next time it checks in. At that point the delay is where the car is in its sleep cycle. If you go up to the car then bluetooth from your phone will tell it to wake up immediately.

2) This has been an issue since Day 1. Tesla simply doesn't store where you were when it powers down. You would think it would be an easy software fix but after 9 years?
Because Elon told me I'd have my MX about a year ago, I sold my P100D. Soooo, I haven't had a Tesla in a long time. But, I was having an issue with connecting to my MX on my home network. After doing some research (maybe some here, I don't remember), it appears that there were some problems with networking. Had to do with 802.11n or some protocol. I think I read that the new Tesla hardware can recognize new network protocols, but the old hardware had trouble make a persistent connection. Could this be the issue? Or, am I describing something else?

While writing this, I found some links I saved on the issue. Also on Reddit and Ubiquiti sites.

Reactions: CoryMD
08AAC3BA-1BE7-413F-8C47-A7DBD519E0A5.jpeg

Delivery day finally here

Attachments

• 2496B5B7-3F4D-4EFB-B1D2-19B257DACF6C.jpeg
    2496B5B7-3F4D-4EFB-B1D2-19B257DACF6C.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 109
  • EF6E5029-909A-48FC-B0DB-4EE29C6B4272.jpeg
    EF6E5029-909A-48FC-B0DB-4EE29C6B4272.jpeg
    476 KB · Views: 80
posted 22 minutes ago ❤️❤️
Yet another temporary tent set up on the test track - assuming it's for fixing/installing whatever the heck is missing?

Only seeing a few Model X in the Logistics lot - hard to see the details enough to spot them (one red X on the trailer getting loaded) @2:01.

Looking at around 5:51 in the upper left quadrant, what is that red "trailer" with the yellow railing?

Something tells me that these drone flyovers might be coming to an end soon.

• Informative
Reactions: DPW666
“the production team keeps those details very close to the vest”

No.Way. 🤯
Seriously though, CAN THE production team maybe, JUST MAYBE, open up a little? Seven words even? 🥺

And not “All Model X reservation holders, go *sugar* yourselves”
I wish the delivery managers on the factory side, would start a 'group' with the store managers, so they could give some rough ideas of how production is faring on a week to week or month/month.

I ordered a 5 seat Long Range MX on 11/30/2020. My current delivery date is February, but I'm in the Southeast US, so I'm guessing late spring. The thing is, in the 405 days since I ordered, I have moved to a new state, gotten divorced, and am no longer sure that a MX is the right Tesla for me. I got changed to the refresh with the $2000 discount. What I'm wondering is if it makes sense to take delivery of the MX whenever it comes and resell it. I live in Florida and I'm not sure what the tax situation is on selling cars. I assume that I will still take delivery in Atlanta and would want to sell it there so as to not put miles on it driving it to Florida. Does anyone have any insight? Unless I was able to make a decent amount of money, I don't think it would be worth the trouble.
I called the showroom today and updated my name, address, etc. The SA told me that since I have a February delivery date, I should be getting a VIN in 2-3 weeks. I just thanked her for her help and didn't question that wishful thinking.🙃

I called the showroom today and updated my name, address, etc. The SA told me that since I have a February delivery date, I should be getting a VIN in 2-3 weeks. I just thanked her for her help and didn't question that wishful thinking.🙃
In that case, I look forward to the hundreds of VINs hitting this thread in the next 2-3 weeks 🤣