Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My full VIN story (with one final update before delivery):

• June 2021 - LR/6/Blue/Cream/FSD order
  • Mid-December - VIN
  • Mid-December - VIN revoked after a few days
    • "Omg we're sorry we jumped the gun, you'll be placed on a priority list!"
  • Late-December - February EDD
  • Approx. Jan 9 2022 - EDD goes TBD
  • Jan 16 - VIN assigned, EDD remains TBD
  • Jan 19 - EDD changed to 3rd week of January

Tesla sells hooks for the seatback online, as do literally dozens of Amazon sellers and tesla aftermarket vendors

There's a great peel-and-stick option for Model 3 for instance - just gotta grit your teeth and tolerate a lack of hooks or be inventive

Last edited:
My full VIN story (with one final update before delivery):

• June 2021 - LR/6/Blue/Cream/FSD order
  • Mid-December - VIN
  • Mid-December - VIN revoked after a few days
    • "Omg we're sorry we jumped the gun, you'll be placed on a priority list!"
  • Late-December - February EDD
  • Approx. Jan 9 2022 - EDD goes TBD
  • Jan 16 - VIN assigned, EDD remains TBD
  • Jan 19 - EDD changed to 3rd week of January
Same story, although, it moved from Feb to March without any TBD... crying hard inside

What date did you guys order the model x that has a delivery window timeframe? I ordered mine in April of 2021 and I had a delivery date of February and now it was updated to March. My delivery date keeps getting pushed every month it seems and I am getting frustrating.
2/21
I had VIN 11/30 removed three days later in the mass VINpull and was placed on "PrIoRiTy QuEuE"

I don't mean to sound like a negative Nancy, but why TF is Tesla allowing those who order plaids literally a MONTH AGO to get delivery, when there are people that ordered a YEAR ago that are still waiting on their LR. Are we such peasants that we go to the end of the line? Yes, I understand its more profitable, and yes, I understand the price has changed so people buying plaids now are paying 30k+ more than the earlier orders did, but this strikes me as completely unfair.

It makes sense to 'roughly' follow order sequence but prioritize for geography / delivery logistics but this seems completely ridiculous.

I say that has a long TSLA investor and 2 tesla owner.

With the sudden rush of new delivery dates are any of those 5/7 seat orders? I know I could dig through the spreadsheet, but thought it would be easier and quicker to ask here! I suspect all are 6 seats but would like to confirm. All of us with 5/7 orders die a little bit more inside each time we see big moves on EDD's....

I don't mean to sound like a negative Nancy, but why TF is Tesla allowing those who order plaids literally a MONTH AGO to get delivery, when there are people that ordered a YEAR ago that are still waiting on their LR. Are we such peasants that we go to the end of the line? Yes, I understand its more profitable, and yes, I understand the price has changed so people buying plaids now are paying 30k+ more than the earlier orders did, but this strikes me as completely unfair.

It makes sense to 'roughly' follow order sequence but prioritize for geography / delivery logistics but this seems completely ridiculous.

I say that has a long TSLA investor and 2 tesla owner.
Relax for now. Because I bet there will be MXP available online for immediate order soon, just like what happened to MS Plaid.🥲

this has almost always been the case with Tesla, you can essentially jump the line if you are willing to pay more.

And with the model 3, you were allowed to jump the line in front of people reserved for over a year if you were a previous owner of a S or X
I remember this -- it made sense. Previous owners already have chargers, they need less assistance at delivery. The current model serves no other purpose than short term profit.

CF181F35-EB31-4362-9C58-3B4ADB0AFF6B.jpeg

Wow suddenly an estimated delivery date but no VIN. Sorry if this is old news but have been off of here for a few days.

Plaid 6-seater 2/20/21 So Cal - Irvine

Last edited:
With the sudden rush of new delivery dates are any of those 5/7 seat orders? I know I could dig through the spreadsheet, but thought it would be easier and quicker to ask here! I suspect all are 6 seats but would like to confirm. All of us with 5/7 orders die a little bit more inside each time we see big moves on EDD's....
No delivery dates for 5/7 seat orders. There hasn’t been a single 5/7 seater delivered. Despite not actually wanting a 6-seater, or a Plaid, I placed a new order for a Plaid last week because it’s looking like I could get that in a few months, compared to my LR 5 seat order placed in June/2021 which looks like it might not arrive in Canada until 2023. That’s assuming the 5 seat version ever gets built…