Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Steering wheels have gotten smaller over the years, while the information displayed has increased. In my current X, I am always straining to see the Hill Hold indicator. It is just covered up, where I would prefer the wheel to be positioned. I generally grip the wheel on the bottom, especially if road tripping. So I expect the yoke to be very easy to adapt to. Now, I don't have one yet, so technically the jury is still out, but I cannot imagine strongly liking it. My EDD is March, but I'll believe it when I see it (LR 5 passenger).
Many, especially the Model S refreshes and plaids, have reported first hating the yoke the first week, then 90% of them saying they will never go back, but only after using the yoke for 2 or 3 weeks and getting used to it.

Just received 3D Maxpider floor mats from Amazon. They fit very nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    552.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    693.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1840.jpeg
    IMG_1840.jpeg
    815.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1841.jpeg
    IMG_1841.jpeg
    730.2 KB · Views: 74
I'm seeing a slight change for the third row, otherwise everything else looks good?
Front driver is very tiny bit loose, but still snug (mat is just a tad less wider). The front passenger is very tight (mat is very little bigger, if it makes sense). 2nd row fits snug, 3rd row is just a tad loose (mat very little smaller).

Overall, I think the mats are within 1/4" tolerances. Let me know if anyone needs more detailed pictures.

For all my friends out there who are taking delivery in Raleigh, NC, I’m happy to report that I’ve spotted 3 X’s in the lot. I saw a white LR with 20s, a black LR with 22s, and a gray Plaid with 22s. None of these are mine, but I’m hoping one of them is y’all’s. It’s nice to see some finally arriving. Would be nicer if one was mine, but hey, we’ve gotta look on the bright side, right?

Honestly last night I was really annoyed that I still haven’t gotten my X and I contemplated canceling my order. I’m taking this X sighting as a sign that maybe my baby will come soon. I’ll give it some more time so we’ll see. October 2020 order/blue/white/6 seater/20/FSD.

Just received 3D Maxpider floor mats from Amazon. They fit very nicely.
Ok but I really think they should have some flexible silicone (with a split) covering that huge gap around the captain chair bases.

It’s like the story of the fat man and the thin man about to have a duel. The fat man points out it’s no fair because he’s a bigger target. The thin man gets chalk & marks two narrow lines down the front of the fat man. “There,” he says, “anything outside the lines doesn’t count.”

Regarding the yoke: for turns, try the one hand palm and not how you’d normally do it hand over hand in a round steering wheel. I’ve seen various videos where this is demonstrated and seemed less cumbersome
I’ve ALWAYS naturally spun the wheel with one hand.

It’s power steering. I can see it if it isn’t power steering. Yeah that’s hard.

VIN received for my Plaid Model X just now with a delivery window of Feb 13-Feb 16....I am not keeping this vehicle. I am waiting on my LR to keep so if anyone is tired of waiting and can make their way to Nashville for Delivery transfer the day of the delivery then let me know and I will sell it to you. I have White on White with FSD that can be had or taken off if needed. I will have it at the old 10k price if you want it instead of the current 12K. I am selling this for 5k over my Price. I have current Teslas on my account so I see no way but to buy the car and then immediately sell it to you on the spot in Nashville

When did you order?

I finally decided to jump in line! 😆

1/26/22 LR White| Black Interior| 22in Wheels <-- Did I do that right?
EDD - Not even worried about it.

Glad to have you guys keep me company!

As a new member, I'd like to request that everyone post as many pics as possible! Of their cars of course... lol

I currently have a 2019 XC90. If anyone is considering getting one, don't! It's an awesome car but super boring. I feel like a grownup driving it. #suburbandad
Funny because the XC90 is on my list of "cars I could actually purchase if my model X doesn't get here by May" when kid #2 is due 🤣

Regarding the yoke: for turns, try the one hand palm and not how you’d normally do it hand over hand in a round steering wheel. I’ve seen various videos where this is demonstrated and seemed less cumbersome
Saw that video, still, you have to dance your hand with the wheel all the time -- with the classic one, after turning done, I can leave my hand and let it go back by itself, I can adjust the speed of the turning without moving my hand, but with yoke, it turns back too quick, and I am panic to find a place to grab it to slow it down.

Saw that video, still, you have to dance your hand with the wheel all the time -- with the classic one, after turning done, I can leave my hand and let it go back by itself, I can adjust the speed of the turning without moving my hand, but with yoke, it turns back too quick, and I am panic to find a place to grab it to slow it down.
I've been using a Yoke on my Model Y and it's awesome!! wouldn't want to go back to round.

Reactions: UCF3 and KidsEyeDr
Can I see your data/source on this?
If you want something scientific, its not out. I'm basing it on the Model S refresh boards here and YouTubers that we probably all listen to from time to time that I've frequented. Most famous one is Marques Brownlee. And that when people hate the yoke, they're pretty loud about it like Marques. Then in subsequent videos they say how much they now like it only after living with it for a few weeks. And when people like the yoke which is most of the time, they are so busy talking about the rest of the car, that it is barely a mention.

Reactions: focher