Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, pretty easy. I do everything in a way that everyone can do it themselves + I make install videos for everything (check twraps.com to get an idea).
Since I only rented this for a week, for now my plan is to do these things first:

• Door handles color wrap
  • Emblems + trunk trim letters color wrap
  • Headlights, fog lights and tail lights tint (XPEL Slate Smoke - 50%/35%/25%)
  • Partial Hood PPF (I already do it for the Model S)
  • Door sills both PPF and colored options (carbon fiber etc)
  • Spoiler colored wrap (carbon fiber)

And I already have these done for the X:

If you want to see some product that I didn't list, please do say, if many people request the same thing I will prioritize on it.
Would love to have PPF on bumper, full hood, full door panel on an X

Reactions: iyordanov
For all my friends out there who are taking delivery in Raleigh, NC, I’m happy to report that I’ve spotted 3 X’s in the lot. I saw a white LR with 20s, a black LR with 22s, and a gray Plaid with 22s. None of these are mine, but I’m hoping one of them is y’all’s. It’s nice to see some finally arriving. Would be nicer if one was mine, but hey, we’ve gotta look on the bright side, right?

Honestly last night I was really annoyed that I still haven’t gotten my X and I contemplated canceling my order. I’m taking this X sighting as a sign that maybe my baby will come soon. I’ll give it some more time so we’ll see. October 2020 order/blue/white/6 seater/20/FSD.
🥳

Reactions: Phantom116
Unfortunately, even having a VIN doesn’t help that much! I got a VIN over a week ago and was told the car was getting loaded onto a carrier the next day. Since then, my X is apparently still just sitting at the factory, and estimated delivery date has already been pushed back a week. Before I got a VIN, my SA kept saying that once I got one, it’s usually just 1-3 days until delivery. Now he’s back to the usual line of delivery dates are just an estimate.
If it helps at all my Plaid got a vin on 1/17/22, got the text to schedule delivery on 1/26/22, first pick up date is 2/4/22 which is what I scheduled.

I'm in S. FL

Here’s the Xs that I saw on the lot today

Attachments

• 5333FE40-1280-4A96-9E09-D6C4186CEB9E.jpeg
    5333FE40-1280-4A96-9E09-D6C4186CEB9E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • DB170C10-22C6-405F-A9EB-6DB22E1625EB.jpeg
    DB170C10-22C6-405F-A9EB-6DB22E1625EB.jpeg
    901.7 KB · Views: 72
VIN received for my Plaid Model X just now with a delivery window of Feb 13-Feb 16....I am not keeping this vehicle. I am waiting on my LR to keep so if anyone is tired of waiting and can make their way to Nashville for Delivery transfer the day of the delivery then let me know and I will sell it to you. I have White on White with FSD that can be had or taken off if needed. I will have it at the old 10k price if you want it instead of the current 12K. I am selling this for 5k over my Price. I have current Teslas on my account so I see no way but to buy the car and then immediately sell it to you on the spot in Nashville
5K is cheap...someone should jump on it right away...post it in the selling section

For all my friends out there who are taking delivery in Raleigh, NC, I’m happy to report that I’ve spotted 3 X’s in the lot. I saw a white LR with 20s, a black LR with 22s, and a gray Plaid with 22s. None of these are mine, but I’m hoping one of them is y’all’s. It’s nice to see some finally arriving. Would be nicer if one was mine, but hey, we’ve gotta look on the bright side, right?

Honestly last night I was really annoyed that I still haven’t gotten my X and I contemplated canceling my order. I’m taking this X sighting as a sign that maybe my baby will come soon. I’ll give it some more time so we’ll see. October 2020 order/blue/white/6 seater/20/FSD.
Cool, I must stop by today to check them out. I am waiting for my Red with White MXP 22 inch delivered to Raleigh. EDD says May 2022 for 10/21 order. I hope it comes earlier than that. What's your order and EDD ?

best way is to contact Tesla and move the other EXISTING cars to another account and then just give the account to the buyer so he can change the registration info
I don’t believe you can move a pre-order and I have a cyber truck on my account. Yes I can move the actual vehicles that I currently already own to a different account by going through the “I have sold it“ option But due to the cyber truck being on there I do not believe I would be able to do what you are suggesting

So I stopped by the dealer center to check out my MX Plaid and do a thorough inspection before I take delivery on Monday. I was relieved to see that all looks good. Body gaps are hardly noticeable, all usb ports were present, and overall everything seems to look great. There were only 2 tiny blemishes on the drivers side door and rear driver door both of which were already identified and circled by the dealer. I talked to my SA while I was in there and he assured me they would be taken care of before I take delivery on Monday since its going right from the dealer to the shop to get wrapped. I also noticed a little bit of condensation in the taillights but I've dealt with that on my current 2018 MX so that shouldn't be a big deal. I thought I would share some pics and if anyone notices anything else that I should bring to their attention, please advise.

IMG_4467.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg
IMG_4471.jpeg
IMG_4469.jpeg
IMG_4472.jpeg