Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. And I’ll still be here.
Just curious if Tesla reached out to you and said we know you've been waiting for over a year for your model X we have your X ready for delivery now you can come pick it up (or) if you wait another 2 months We have a beta X 560 mile range new beta wheels and tires we're testing would you wait or go get your car now?

Just curious if Tesla reached out to you and said we know you've been waiting for over a year for your model X we have your X ready for delivery now you can come pick it up (or) if you wait another 2 months We have a beta X 560 mile range new beta wheels and tires we're testing would you wait or go get your car now?
Oof. That’s a tough call. It’s a huge increase in range. So I’d probably wait.

Attachments

• EEBBF271-06BE-4ED0-A917-D780F0DF084E.png
    EEBBF271-06BE-4ED0-A917-D780F0DF084E.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
View attachment 761835

Happy 1,000 pages 20,000 posts!
(also Feb 2nd is the 1-year birthday of this thread!)

To celebrate the occasion I thought I would bring up some of the hot topics over the past 1,000 pages! I love stirring up some drama 😄 My opinions below, change my mind ;)
  • The MX refresh black trim / chrome-delete looks better.
    • Chrome is tacky. Chrome-delete has become common on premium/luxury cars. Chrome is common on economy/budget cars.
  • EDDs do have meaning and are relevant.
    • I believe they are not indicative of your delivery date but actually which batch your car will be produced in. i.e. If two identical configurations have a March 2022 and a January 2023 EDD, the March 2022 order will be made first.
  • FSD is worth the price.
    • Don't look at FSD as 'full self driving'. Consider it a upgrade to autopilot allowing your car to interact with traffic signals, change lanes, summon, autopark, etc. If someone thinks it means full autonomy they will be disappointed.
  • SA stands for "Say Anything".
    • Credit to @Choco for that one :) Tesla seems to have an acronym issue haha
  • The yoke is pretty cool.
    • If someone is wildly against the yoke, just don't buy the car. If someone thinks it is a safety hazard, definitely don't buy the car. If someone convinces themselves that it won't work then they will not learn/adapt and subsequently be a danger to others on the road due to ignorance.
  • The horn button is dangerous.
    • Many report that even covering the entire right side of the yoke does not trigger the horn as it should. It really needs to be blindly accessible.
  • Apple Carplay and Android Auto will never come to Tesla.
    • All essential apps are implemented in Tesla's UI. If a non-essential app is needed Bluetooth is available. (podcasts, Apple Music, meeting apps, etc). Other car vendors implement these apps as a cop-out for lack of their own internal infotainment development department. Tesla adding these UIs over their own would be an admission that their UI team is failing.
I'm ready for the downvotes 😄

Only correction is SA stands for Seldom Accurate

Placed an order for Model X, gray exterior, black interior, 5 seats, 20” wheels, full ”self-driving” in 2020. And its price is lower by $17,250 than the current price. Is this the case for other sufferers in this thread? Or was my price fixed because I applied for a loan?
My price is $10-13K+ lower than current. Ordered in Spring 2020.

Wow I can’t freaking believe it. After almost a year of waiting and 218 comments in this waiting room, finally a VINner!

Order 20 Feb ‘21
Black/Black 20’s FSD Plaid
7SAXCBE66NF3322XX

Oh and after checking my app and page about ten thousand times, I found out by text message first.

You were my marker. You ordered day before me. Now I will increase my refresh rate.

Congrats!

I’d come get it now. Tesla has proven time and time again that they cant be trusted with either time frames nor beta versions. If I waited I’d no doubt be waiting for another year or two.