Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw my X today at the lot.. so far looks great. Taking delivery on Wednesday, they have to prep it and install firmware still. Decided to pick up from SC instead of home delivery for various reasons. Lol
Yeah even if I had home delivery option no thanks. Why do I want some young whippersnapper driving my brand new model X instead of me? (Yes I know they drive them around to test it..but I’m almost two hours from the delivery center).

Plus that inclination to keep a bad quality one would be worse when it’s in your driveway.

Reactions: Elixir and muzhik
Yes, same here - it's an accounting method, so Tesla can expense it - you'll see the credit prior to signing the final documents... Don't sign until it's netted out... Congrats...
Exactly the same for me, including the magic that can happen only within 72 hours of the delivery time. Moreover, in my case they subtracted the trade in value from the after tax total, when in actuality it should be subtracted *before* applying the tax.

Saw my X today at the lot.. so far looks great. Taking delivery on Wednesday, they have to prep it and install firmware still. Decided to pick up from SC instead of home delivery for various reasons. Lol
I did the same today. Everything looked fine. In addition to my red Plaid, I noticed at least 2 other plaid and 2 LR (could that be? I didn’t see the plaid badge so assuming they were) — all black. This is at Renton, WA store.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Except two things:
  1. As a pilot, you are far better trained than nearly all car drivers
  2. New aircraft controls get far more testing before deployment than Tesla did with the yoke
“Nearly”?! According to my girlfriend I think I am far better trained than ALL drivers around me - especially in Houston!

I understand what you’re saying, but my point (which I just realized I didnt really make in my post. A squirrel must’ve ran by and I got distracted) is that the principles between the two parallels are the same. It just boils down to getting some experience in a safe manner to build your confidence.

Like I said in my post, I am In training to fly an Airbus which has a side stick. That is brand new to me just as a yoke in the place of a steering wheel is going to be brand new to me. I am not going to just hop in the plane, load up a couple hundred passengers and go fly in the same sense I wont go hop on a highway during a busy time the first time I drive my Tesla, assuming it ever comes. In my opinion, the regenerative braking is far more dangerous than a yoke is. The first time I took a Tesla on a test drive, I took my foot off the accelerator to start coasting towards a red light which caused the car to <feel like it> hit the brakes. Not only was I not expecting it, neither was the guy behind me who had to swerve hard to avoid rear-ending me. By the end of the test drive I was a natural with the regen braking.

My very long winded point is that new features take some getting used to, be it a sidestick vs a yoke, steering wheel vs a yoke, regen braking vs regular coasting or even going from a sedan to an SUV or a truck. It all takes a little getting used to.

Page 1,000: 974 pages and 19,473 posts since my first post in this thread, I got my Model X!

View attachment 761832
Interesting VIN info. The VIN sticker on my vehicle shows a manufacture date of 01/22 - VIN 3293xx. This would indicate to me that my MX was not sitting in the Fremont storage lot for an extended period. With a VIN date of 1/7 and arriving at my local SC on 1/28 in Tampa, Florida, does not leave much time when transportation is factored in.

With the number of MX's shown sitting in the Fremont storage lot, supposedly waiting for parts, it appears that Tesla is applying the parts to vehicles in the production line prior to those that are in storage? This could explain why those with later order dates are receiving their vehicles before those who ordered earlier?

“Nearly”?! According to my girlfriend I think I am far better trained than ALL drivers around me - especially in Houston!

[…]

My very long winded point is that new features take some getting used to, be it a sidestick vs a yoke, steering wheel vs a yoke, regen braking vs regular coasting or even going from a sedan to an SUV or a truck. It all takes a little getting used to.
Thanks for being a careful driver. Not everyone is as careful.

I understand what you’re saying, but my point (which I just realized I didnt really make in my post. A squirrel must’ve ran by and I got distracted) is that the principles between the two parallels are the same. It just boils down to getting some experience in a safe manner to build your confidence.

Like I said in my post, I am In training to fly an Airbus which has a side stick. That is brand new to me just as a yoke in the place of a steering wheel is going to be brand new to me. I am not going to just hop in the plane, load up a couple hundred passengers and go fly in the same sense I wont go hop on a highway during a busy time the first time I drive my Tesla, assuming it ever comes. In my opinion, the regenerative braking is far more dangerous than a yoke is. The first time I took a Tesla on a test drive, I took my foot off the accelerator to start coasting towards a red light which caused the car to <feel like it> hit the brakes. Not only was I not expecting it, neither was the guy behind me who had to swerve hard to avoid rear-ending me. By the end of the test drive I was a natural with the regen braking.

It’s always good to have a pilot friend just in case crap goes down. I offer expertise in cyber warfare, data science, and explosives. Now we need someone that can pick locks, a car mechanic, and a doctor and we’ll be set. Maybe a chef. And of course our MXs.

I am really starting to believe the theory of Tesla wanting us early reservation holders to cancel and re-order to maximize profits if we truly want to receive a vehicle. Nothing else makes sense.
I really think this may be what is going on. I am going to test this theory. I am so blown away by my Plaid that I want a second X. I’m going to keep my LR order from 5/4, and see how long it takes to get a VIN. My wife will drive the X, and I will drive my MYP until I get a VIN. I’m going to wait them out!