Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be happy to answer any questions you all have. View attachment 761612
Can you do a draggy in the 1/4 mile? How is the ride, quietness with, are those 22's? How is the noise cancelling working? How do the seats feel compared to the old? How does the power delivery feel to you in day to day traffic versus your previous car?

Last edited:
Let’s steer back into the civil lane. We are all entitled to our opinions.

I owned a MSP for a while. Yoke was interesting, but I absolutely see the potential that it may be confusing in a situation requiring sudden wheel adjustment. It happened to me: car pulling out of a driveway, didn’t see me and I had to suddenly swerve. Normally, I’d honk and swerve. Both were awkward. I didn’t quite get to the horn. I was able to swerve, but I felt vulnerable.

I plan to keep an open mind and have fun with the yoke, but in my opinion, the accident concerns are legitimate. Regardless, we probably should try to not to taunt each other if our opinions differ.
My apologies for being so forward. But you actually did have one. Apparently not long enough to get used to it and have to deal with a sudden evasive event with ease. But I do value your opinion because it matters. What I have problems with are people that haven't used it, or haven't used it for long, but are convinced how bad it is and are hoping to persuade others. What was the old saying, "can you rope a calf with that thing?".

I doubt it, they have too much invested - why bite the hand that feeds you? There's a reason everyone is radio silent about the poor customer service, and how pissed off many actual Tesla purchasers are. If you just read Tesla news, you would think Elon was in Austin pooping rainbow sprinkles and robots.
I can't lie and say I've had even one miserable SC experience. What is one to do, perchance?

Here!!!!! Took Delivery today.. Drive was awesome!! Only one thing noticed FWD not opening fully on one click .. rest all went well in less than hour..

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5973.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5981.jpg
    IMG_5981.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 81
Can someone with a new MX post a picture of folded third row? ideally from the front and from the the back with open trunk lid. I would like to see the size for cargo in the back and the middle lane between the two captain chairs. Similar to what MDMX just did but just with folded third row. Maybe one with both seats folded and one only with one. If you don't mind it would be even better to have something standard loaded to compare the size. That would be awesome. Thank you!

• Helpful
Reactions: Yakkodot
Well if customer service with Tesla continue the same, the other big companies will take over, I was so close to buy me a Tycan just because of the experience with them, the quality of service and how welcome they made you feel, I was invited to an event for Porsche owners the only think that you can't compare is the battery range and the efficient TESLA engineering, if not I would jump into the Tycan, I also got an invitation to see the Lucid next month I will report my experience.

Reactions: lexus26 and sorka
No freaking way... Got my VIN today..
Saw my X today at the lot.. so far looks great. Taking delivery on Wednesday, they have to prep it and install firmware still. Decided to pick up from SC instead of home delivery for various reasons. Lol

Attachments

• 20220129_145048.jpg
    20220129_145048.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 20220129_145035.jpg
    20220129_145035.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 71
I understand your concerns, but it all boils down to currency and efficiency in the vehicle you’re driving - and its a vehicle you made a decision to drive.

I am a pilot and have spent the last 7 years flying a Boeing. I recently decided to change fleets to an Airbus. The Boeing has a traditional yoke whereas the airbus has a sidestic like a video game which is wildly different than anything I have ever flown before, Im not saying its better or worse, its just different.

Same with the Tesla. The yoke is different, for sure. I haven’t driven one with a yoke (yet) but just like with anything else in life, we will need to get used to it and become comfortable. There will definitely be a bit of a learning curve but the threat of accidents can easily be mitigated by easing into it. It might not be best to start with a trip around your neighborhood before diving head first into rush hour traffic in a major city. Just my .02.
I’d probably feel like I’m flying that 747 while I’m maneuvering the X!

• Funny
Reactions: face4radio
Can someone with a new MX post a picture of folded third row? ideally from the front and from the the back with open trunk lid. I would like to see the size for cargo in the back and the middle lane between the two captain chairs. Similar to what MDMX just did but just with folded third row. Maybe one with both seats folded and one only with one. If you don't mind it would be even better to have something standard loaded to compare the size. That would be awesome. Thank you!
Check out the new owner pic thread. Great pics.

I am a pilot and have spent the last 7 years flying a Boeing. I recently decided to change fleets to an Airbus. The Boeing has a traditional yoke whereas the airbus has a sidestic like a video game which is wildly different than anything I have ever flown before, Im not saying its better or worse, its just different.

Same with the Tesla. The yoke is different, for sure. I haven’t driven one with a yoke (yet) but just like with anything else in life, we will need to get used to it and become comfortable. There will definitely be a bit of a learning curve but the threat of accidents can easily be mitigated by easing into it. It might not be best to start with a trip around your neighborhood before diving head first into rush hour traffic in a major city. Just my .02.
Except two things:
  1. As a pilot, you are far better trained than nearly all car drivers
  2. New aircraft controls get far more testing before deployment than Tesla did with the yoke

There are plenty of youtube videos already showing this.

Reactions: Shopi01