Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my experiment seems to be yielding positive results. My Plaid order that I placed 3 days ago on 1/29/22 has updated EDD from October 2022 to February 18 - March 8. Still no love for my LR.

Original order:
October 19, 2020/LR/Blue/White/6/20/FSD
EDD March

New order:
January 29, 2022/Plaid/Blue/White/6/22/No FSD
EDD February 18 - March 8

Raleigh, NC SC Delivery

So my experiment seems to be yielding positive results. My Plaid order that I placed 3 days ago on 1/29/22 has updated EDD from October 2022 to February 18 - March 8. Still no love for my LR.

Original order:
EDD March

New order:

Raleigh, NC SC Delivery

Wow, that was fast! Hope it sticks. Will you take the plaid order if that really gets a delivery data in the next 2 weeks? No luck w/ my plaid experiment so far, ordered the same time as around you. But with my ordered LR/7 being so much lower in price as I also had the pre-price hike price, I can't help think I will likely cancel plaid if it becomes available first. It would be tough though to give up on an available car...

What’s the correct way of installing the front license plate? Should we just manually drill holes? What’s the correct diameter of the drill? Why are they not providing instructions? This is so disrespectful to the customers.
Had the 3 prior for 3 years and i never put the front license plate and im not going to with this one. The fact that i have to drill into the bumper makes me cringe

Original order:
EDD March

New order:

Raleigh, NC SC Delivery
No love for your LR because of all these new Plaid "experiment" orders that keep postponing LR manufacturing.

Why sell you a LR when they can sell you a higher margin MXP. Keep at it.

I just got a phone call from Fremont this morning. My original 7 seat plaid reservation won't be manufactured. Only 6 seat configurations going forward. I had the option to switch to LR, which will still has the 7 seat option. I was told I'd still have 1st priority regardless of which option I went with.

Wife and I decided to go with the 6 seat plaid. They'd also give us a 3k price adjustment for switching seat configurations.

My EDD in app is March 2022.

Original order:
EDD March

New order:

Raleigh, NC SC Delivery
I think a few guys have had this happen only for their EDD to get switched back to October after a few days.. hopefully yours sticks!! Blue with white is my second favor X color combo!

i initially ordered a LR July 2021 with estimate of March 2022 like everyone else - just called Tesla to edit my order to a Plaid and the eta is still March 2022. the guy from the call center said "editing your design/upgrading to the Plaid will still show up as you placed an order last July and you won't lose your place" - is this accurate?

What’s the correct way of installing the front license plate? Should we just manually drill holes? What’s the correct diameter of the drill? Why are they not providing instructions? This is so disrespectful to the customers.
I have the no-hole license plate mount I found off of eBay (on my 2016 X), it uses your existing front plate mount but goes thru the lower grille. I'm not sure it will work with the refreshed model X however. Would save you from drilling holes.

Had the 3 prior for 3 years and i never put the front license plate and im not going to with this one. The fact that i have to drill into the bumper makes me cringe
In California you can order online a front plate that is like film (PPF) ... Saw it posted here by a member way back> which really looked great.. If my state required a front plate i would go for that option.....Google it!

Reactions: Zygote1975
I’ve read about frequent stops for a missing front license plate in LA. Plus we drive in many areas and states.
at least around Orange County, i've never been pulled over for no front plate (i haven't had a front plate for the last 17 years through all my cars) - cops would probably tack on the fix-it-ticket if you get pulled over for something else i.e. speeding or broken taillight. at least in Irvine 90% of the Teslas have no front plates from what i've seen

Just got my trade in offer for my 2016 model X 90d 6 seat white on white with 86,000 miles on it. Would really appreciate some of your guys input on if you think it’s a fair offer.

Offer 56,900 through Tesla
And factor in that I’ll get 6% more value than that since it will negate some of my tax on the plaid which puts it close to 60k

Thanks y’all

• Informative
Reactions: zapparino