Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got off the phone with Tesla asking about this and your information is correct. As long as you're staying within the Model X such as going from LR to Plaid or vice versa, you will keep your place in line. I can't go to an MS though. Also, you'll be at today's pricing as expected. So those of you with the option to go to an LR from a Plaid 5/7 seats, you should be able to keep your place in line. At least according to the dude I just talked to. You will pay today's price though.
Hey Stro, What's this "place in line" stuff... They have not followed the line since October.
I once thought I was one of the 2020 front of the line "priory delivery" customers only to realize I'm just the redheaded step child with the lowest profit margin who'll get his car when Tesla's got nothing better to do that day.

It's an immensely hard problem to solve, so the fact it isn't solved isn't surprising and is also ok. The problem is other OEMs aren't making it an annual thing to say specifically "full autonomy (L5) will be here by the end of the year" for ~5 years running. Market it properly or set realistic expectations about (1) the state of FSD and (2) the timeline so customers know what they're getting (and not getting) and by when.
That Elon repeats this just about every year points to an overly optimistic, yet repetitious pattern. As well as a seriously hard focus. If you have any one in your fam on the spectrum, you'll notice it. Everyone else, carry on.

Reactions: Empty tank
So my experiment seems to be yielding positive results. My Plaid order that I placed 3 days ago on 1/29/22 has updated EDD from October 2022 to February 18 - March 8. Still no love for my LR.

Original order:
October 19, 2020/LR/Blue/White/6/20/FSD
EDD March

New order:
January 29, 2022/Plaid/Blue/White/6/22/No FSD
EDD February 18 - March 8

Raleigh, NC SC Delivery
Where are those "Cali always gets the cars firsT" people at?
My experiment is the same as yours Phantom116. But I have a different result.

From Burbank, California:
Original Order from Marina Del Rey: 1/29/21 LR Blue/White/6/20's/no FSD
EDD: March 2022

2nd Order from Burbank 7 days ago:
1/25/22 MX Plaid Blue/White/6/20's/no FSD
EDD: StiLL October 2022

No love.

Last edited:
Hey Stro, What's this "place in line" stuff... They have not followed the line since October.
I once thought I was one of the 2020 front of the line "priory delivery" customers only to realize I'm just the redheaded step child with the lowest profit margin who'll get his car when Tesla's got nothing better to do that day.
Bingo! You keep your place in line. However, this is Tesla's description of a customer line. I'm one of the red circles. I'm next, right?

hexagonal_packing_with_two_marked_circles1.jpg

I'm still recommending Tesla but only for those folks looking for 'normal' cars. If they need high-end premium cars, do NOT get a Tesla. I know many may not agree with me, but it's my opinion and unfortunately not going to change any time soon.
yeah all those gadgets and buttons now come off as being gaudy, tacky, and "look at me-- look at me I'm swaddled in luxury". And I just have no time for feeling like I'm going back to the stone ages. Ooogah boooogahhh! But thats what my '69 Vette and Jaguar E-type will be for. Luxury to me is high tech, slick looking, very swift/nimble, space to move around in, and comfortable. These refreshes seriously hit my sweet spot.

I just got off the phone with Tesla asking about this and your information is correct. As long as you're staying within the Model X such as going from LR to Plaid or vice versa, you will keep your place in line. I can't go to an MS though. Also, you'll be at today's pricing as expected. So those of you with the option to go to an LR from a Plaid 5/7 seats, you should be able to keep your place in line. At least according to the dude I just talked to. You will pay today's price though.
Did they tell anything regarding the EDD? Have they started producing more? Looking at the drone video, all are just parked there.

I just got off the phone with my guy in Marina del Rey. He said I'll lose my place in line if I edit my order from Jan 2021 and it'll revert to October 2022. Mileage may vary? Is this because I already edited it once taking out the FSD(I'll be doing the monthly) and you only get one edit/change?

yeah all those gadgets and buttons now come off as being gaudy, tacky, and "look at me-- look at me I'm swaddled in luxury". And I just have no time for feeling like I'm going back to the stone ages. Ooogah boooogahhh! But thats what my '69 Vette and Jaguar E-type will be for. Luxury to me is high tech, slick looking, very swift/nimble, space to move around in, and comfortable. These refreshes seriously hit my sweet spot.
To each their own. I'm now jaded by Tesla. It's like an ex girlfriend that cheated on you. And the 15th of every month you hear about another dude she cheated on you with. It hurts and you just want to forget about her, but can't. I'd go date someone else, but the rest of the ladies aren't as beautiful as Tesla.

Did they tell anything regarding the EDD? Have they started producing more? Looking at the drone video, all are just parked there.
The dude clearly didn't know much. Told me I was next in line and no one had skipped me. He also said he was pretty sure I'd get mine in March because 'the system said so'. I explained to him that it's a hard-coded EDD. He didn't believe me. So yeah... no info. Either these SAs clearly don't know anything or if they do, they need to train our military how to handle interrogations.

To each their own. I'm now jaded by Tesla. It's like an ex girlfriend that cheated on you. And the 15th of every month you hear about another dude she cheated on you with. It hurts and you just want to forget about her, but can't. I'd go date someone else, but the rest of the ladies aren't as beautiful as Tesla.
and that beautiful lady keeps carrying on because she knows you or anyone else would not be going anywhere if they were you. It's a learned behavior taught by us-- especially when you look at those gorgeous boobs. Sorry to be so man ignorant talk here. Guys I suppose too. But we've seen it again and again lol. Ouch.

Because of these boards and elsewhere, I've started becoming a bit more vocal about certain shortcomings on twitter. I continue conversations that others having problems with SC's, FSD pet peeves. I tweet directly at Elon and those major influencers we all know. After BLM I just don't give a flock anymore about a lot of things. Or I'm just getting old and "get off my lawn"-ey.

That’s interesting. So guys like myself who actually rather go to a plaid can make the call and not lose my place. In regards to the pricing, it didn’t change or it didn’t change in my situation because I would have gotten 6 seaters anyways. Is that correct? I ordered my LR in March 2021

For $6500, I would take them to small claims court. I feel confident that I would not need a lawyer but your case, your decision. They would spend more than that on their lawyer fees, maybe forcing them to give in.
If you do it, I would love to come and watch, being local.

They won't send an attorney and there really isn't any grounds here. Just because they gave discounts to some doesn't mean they have to give those discounts to everyone. Tesla won't send an Attorney. Even if Tesla doesn't send a body, the judge won't necessarily automatically award the plaintiff because the dependent was a no show. The plaintiff still has to make the case and present evidence supporting their side.

Can you imagine what would happen? You should up with a bunch of forum posts showing how other supposed buyers were told by Tesla that they'd be upgraded for free. Yet the plaintiff themselves have no such offer in writing. Instead, all they have is a contract that shows what they will get and how much it will cost. How do you think the judge will rule?

I’m no lawyer, but how would he have a case if all he’s given Tesla is $100…. Would the judge just allow you to cancel your order and remand Tesla to return your deposit? What more could they do?

Yes, unless the buyer agreed to the new price which in this case they did. When this happens by phone, Tesla notifies you first that you're on a recorded line so that recording can be used a receipt later on if there's any dispute.