Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any predictions for February 15th EDD changes?
I'm not holding out much hope that the March 2022 EDD will last much after Feb. 15th. It's not necessarily a bad thing if it means missing the quarter-end rush with suspect build quality. Of course, if it's one of these vehicles that have been sitting on the Fremont lot for months - is it really "new" any more? As much as I'm resigned to seeing it drag on yet again, I don't think I'll be able to recommend Tesla again - especially watching the number of orders being fulfilled that are far, far down the line from us. Seeing June and later orders getting filled...I frankly don't give a damn if someone else passes their order up, but after this long it shouldn't necessarily go to the next person that's randomly picked from the hat because they're "nearby". We have been waiting patiently for the most part - let them wait their turn.

14 days to go...again...

I have the no-hole license plate mount I found off of eBay (on my 2016 X), it uses your existing front plate mount but goes thru the lower grille. I'm not sure it will work with the refreshed model X however. Would save you from drilling holes.
I just ordered the snapPlate holder that someone on this forum mentioned. $110 seemed expensive to me but ordered anyway. Been driving my 2016 without plate and so far no problem.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Just got my trade in offer for my 2016 model X 90d 6 seat white on white with 86,000 miles on it. Would really appreciate some of your guys input on if you think it’s a fair offer.

Offer 56,900 through Tesla
And factor in that I’ll get 6% more value than that since it will negate some of my tax on the plaid which puts it close to 60k

Thanks y’all
That 56,900 is worth $3,130 in less tax in my state (WI) @ 5.5%. That's about $6k more than I'm getting for mine with everything the same, but I'm not complaining. :)

What’s the correct way of installing the front license plate? Should we just manually drill holes? What’s the correct diameter of the drill? Why are they not providing instructions? This is so disrespectful to the customers.
I'm surprised they aren't like my M3 which had two sided tape-like stuff to stick it on there.

i initially ordered a LR July 2021 with estimate of March 2022 like everyone else - just called Tesla to edit my order to a Plaid and the eta is still March 2022. the guy from the call center said "editing your design/upgrading to the Plaid will still show up as you placed an order last July and you won't lose your place" - is this accurate?
That's odd if you're switching from an LR to an X as it's two different cars. If true though, I will switch mine to an MS and take delivery asap.

I'm not holding out much hope that the March 2022 EDD will last much after Feb. 15th. It's not necessarily a bad thing if it means missing the quarter-end rush with suspect build quality. Of course, if it's one of these vehicles that have been sitting on the Fremont lot for months - is it really "new" any more? As much as I'm resigned to seeing it drag on yet again, I don't think I'll be able to recommend Tesla again - especially watching the number of orders being fulfilled that are far, far down the line from us. Seeing June and later orders getting filled...I frankly don't give a damn if someone else passes their order up, but after this long it shouldn't necessarily go to the next person that's randomly picked from the hat because they're "nearby". We have been waiting patiently for the most part - let them wait their turn.

14 days to go...again...
I'm still recommending Tesla but only for those folks looking for 'normal' cars. If they need high-end premium cars, do NOT get a Tesla. I know many may not agree with me, but it's my opinion and unfortunately not going to change any time soon.

I'm still recommending Tesla but only for those folks looking for 'normal' cars. If they need high-end premium cars, do NOT get a Tesla. I know many may not agree with me, but it's my opinion and unfortunately not going to change any time soon.
I have to agree.
we like our MY and I’m sure the X will be great but it’s definitely not up to MB/bmw/Audi levels as far as interior goes

Reactions: SteveinATX
i initially ordered a LR July 2021 with estimate of March 2022 like everyone else - just called Tesla to edit my order to a Plaid and the eta is still March 2022. the guy from the call center said "editing your design/upgrading to the Plaid will still show up as you placed an order last July and you won't lose your place" - is this accurate?
I just got off the phone with Tesla asking about this and your information is correct. As long as you're staying within the Model X such as going from LR to Plaid or vice versa, you will keep your place in line. I can't go to an MS though. Also, you'll be at today's pricing as expected. So those of you with the option to go to an LR from a Plaid 5/7 seats, you should be able to keep your place in line. At least according to the dude I just talked to. You will pay today's price though.

i guess the good thing is the reservation fee stayed at $100 along with keeping your place in line - thanks for confirming Stro!
I just got off the phone with Tesla asking about this and your information is correct. As long as you're staying within the Model X such as going from LR to Plaid or vice versa, you will keep your place in line. I can't go to an MS though. Also, you'll be at today's pricing as expected. So those of you with the option to go to an LR from a Plaid 5/7 seats, you should be able to keep your place in line. At least according to the dude I just talked to. You will pay today's price though.

Reactions: Stro
What’s the correct way of installing the front license plate? Should we just manually drill holes? What’s the correct diameter of the drill? Why are they not providing instructions? This is so disrespectful to the customers.
In my endless reading of this thread and countless YouTube videos, I have watched, I found SnapPlate. This is the solution I will likely go with.

Reactions: SlackerCat