Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla being considered one of the top tech companies has a scheduling and assembly issues, not counting the inventory, re-order and vendor management issues for the parts.
They claim to hire the best of the IT and other personnel. Its really appalling to see how they treat the customers too. Their sales/customer support personnel do not know anything about anything.
The only thing they know is greet you, take your order on the system and deliver the car if its to be delivered.
I guess the only person who may know something about the EDDs or deliveries or Models to be put on assembly lines is Elon Musk who claims to be working 16 hours a day for his wealth. Alas, he is busy promoting Dogecoin.

Tesla being considered one of the top tech companies has a scheduling and assembly issues, not counting the inventory, re-order and vendor management issues for the parts.
They claim to hire the best of the IT and other personnel. Its really appalling to see how they treat the customers too. Their sales/customer support personnel do not know anything about anything.
The only thing they know is greet you, take your order on the system and deliver the car if its to be delivered.
I guess the only person who may know something about the EDDs or deliveries or Models to be put on assembly lines is Elon Musk who claims to be working 16 hours a day for his wealth. Alas, he is busy promoting Dogecoin.
well, the beauty of free market is you have a choice...you can choose to buy an alternative as well. You will find that the choices are limited, especially if you want something in stock at MSRP

View attachment 764412View attachment 764413View attachment 764414View attachment 764418View attachment 764420View attachment 764421

I give up. I’m tired of trying to make Fetch happen. It’s never going to happen.

no-way.gif
Did you have a VIN with any of these windows?

And for today's flight report: little if any change.

[Edit: a few more cars in and around the test track, a few more out in the logistics, and a few less out on Kato. I can only tell the white Model Xs in the logistics lot - figuring about a half dozen there, I think.]
I see a lot of cars added to the lot. Not sure why the old ones aren't moving.:confused:

Reactions: T3slafan2500
And for today's flight report: little if any change.

[Edit: a few more cars in and around the test track, a few more out in the logistics, and a few less out on Kato. I can only tell the white Model Xs in the logistics lot - figuring about a half dozen there, I think.]
Long time lurker first time poster. I have a quick question. Majority of all those X sitting in the grass are probably 2021 models. At least 250 of them when I decide to stop counting. Assuming they finally ship those all out by april can Tesla force someone to take a 2021 model so late into 2022? (By force I mean, accept this vehicle or we cancel your order. Since we are only allowed to put our orders on hold for a couple times) because if most people keeps rejecting the 2021s so late in 22. They will have lots of X un sold unless they reduce the price to sell them.

Long time lurker first time poster. I have a quick question. Majority of all those X sitting in the grass are probably 2021 models. At least 250 of them when I decide to stop counting. Assuming they finally ship those all out by april can Tesla force someone to take a 2021 model so late into 2022? (By force I mean, accept this vehicle or we cancel your order. Since we are only allowed to put our orders on hold for a couple times) because if most people keeps rejecting the 2021s so late in 22. They will have lots of X un sold unless they reduce the price to sell them.
i think there are going to be enough people that don't notice and would be happy to absorb a '21 if they get moved up to clear them out. There have been plenty of '22 VINs

GUYS.... get this sh*t. I already submitted everything and bank has commenced the payment side. Switched insurance to take care of the car for now and was even about to head to CarMax tomorrow to sell it.

Tesla just called to tell me they 'matched me with a September 2020 order holder's car'. He was very apologetic and kept asking permission to unmatch so that person could get their car in San Antonio. I guess I'm too much of a nice guy and said ok. He promised that any car that becomes available in Texas will come to me at my pricing. I said I didn't care about interior or exterior color.

So back in the waiting pool I go. I'm angry at myself. I want to be angry at the dude for making the mistake of assigning it to two people, but holy crap. Emotional rollercoaster.
wait you got a vin? I was off for 2 days WTH!!

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1 and Stro
You guys see this...could this hold up deliveries....unlikely?

Tesla is recalling more than 817,000 vehicles in the U.S. because the seat belt reminder chimes may not sound when the vehicles are started and the driver hasn’t buckled up.

Documents posted Thursday by safety regulators say the recall covers the 2021 and 2022 Model S sedan and Model X SUV.

You guys see this...could this hold up deliveries....unlikely?

Tesla is recalling more than 817,000 vehicles in the U.S. because the seat belt reminder chimes may not sound when the vehicles are started and the driver hasn’t buckled up.

Documents posted Thursday by safety regulators say the recall covers the 2021 and 2022 Model S sedan and Model X SUV.
Nevermind....just a software change....geesh...I got caught up in the hype without fully reading.

• Funny
Reactions: GatoMX and Stro
Are there any differences between the two?
Shouldn't be....but who knows. Tesla constantly updates their cars and do not wait for model year end to make changes. Almost all of my teslas were bought towards end of year in december as following year models. But i'd say most of them were then updated a month later with like different trim, AP2 hardware etc. The 21 vs 22 thing is more from a resale perspective..people will pay more for a '22 vs a '21

I wonder if all the of the MX sitting at the factory are 5 or 7 seaters. It would make sense if there was a part that was holding them up compared to the 6 seat versions. Maybe they had started production and then realized they couldn’t source the part anymore and chose to sit those and move on to the 6-seat version. Have any of the people that received their car in 2021 receive a 5 or 7 seater?