Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GUYS.... get this sh*t. I already submitted everything and bank has commenced the payment side. Switched insurance to take care of the car for now and was even about to head to CarMax tomorrow to sell it.

Tesla just called to tell me they 'matched me with a September 2020 order holder's car'. He was very apologetic and kept asking permission to unmatch so that person could get their car in San Antonio. I guess I'm too much of a nice guy and said ok. He promised that any car that becomes available in Texas will come to me at my pricing. I said I didn't care about interior or exterior color.

So back in the waiting pool I go. I'm angry at myself. I want to be angry at the dude for making the mistake of assigning it to two people, but holy crap. Emotional rollercoaster.
You're a gentleman and I can appreciate it. Btw I'm told I take del'y of that same car you gave up, tomorrow. LOL. I wish. I'm not selling my 2018 X 100D until I see my new car. I may also cancel my long range 1st order (Jan 2021) and just wait it out for my 2nd Plaid order (2 weeks ago). The Plaid has got me all excited.

Reactions: UCF3 and Stro
Me neither—the faq says signature option will appear after you’ve posted a number of times. It’s an anti-spam device.
I am a Nigerian Prince and my wife of many years died right as she was about to receive a Model X refresh just as you please.

I am urgently reaching out to you since you are a dear friend and God would only have me give this away to you. If you would give me all your personally identifying information and all bank account numbers and logins and passwords you can rest assured that the next flight out of Nnamdi Azikiwe international Airport will bring you your model X…

…I remember back in dial up ages when I got my first Nigerian Prince email. 😝 Nigeria sure seems to have a lot of Princes going through tough times.

F8AB10AB-8CE8-4536-B195-184521BFC0D5.jpeg
22DAA993-B60D-4FA0-BBBF-695BC5F30B08.jpeg
60A5D6D1-D172-48D3-BF4B-74E854021F6C.jpeg
F8F2C4E8-9437-4E9D-A035-2396FAF46036.jpeg
9D63B6E1-3DF9-47DA-9BC1-E52BA84C3106.jpeg
4716CC1F-7729-4C61-B99B-8F22522E7B4A.jpeg

I give up. I’m tired of trying to make Fetch happen. It’s never going to happen.

no-way.gif

Attachments

• E8ECAA29-AEF3-46DF-8C7F-A9773470A711.jpeg
    E8ECAA29-AEF3-46DF-8C7F-A9773470A711.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 431EA9F6-3B1F-4D5E-A2AB-87F6540BE41C.jpeg
    431EA9F6-3B1F-4D5E-A2AB-87F6540BE41C.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 42
Man I really feel sorry for you, I was really hopeful after you got a VIN, kept refreshing my own page multiple times today hoping to see a VIN. Now I'm sure by the time the car is assigned we will be on a SpaceX rocket to Mars and will be taking delivery over there 😢😢😢
Sorry, you were not designated for a Mars Delivery - the car is already in Wichita, KS... please turn your spaceship around and come back to Earth... You have 3 days to pick it up!!! 😁😁😁

Feel for you man. I've been following your posts the closest bc same location and close order date. I've never seen an EDD range and you make me not want to lol.

If nothing else, thank you for ordering a few days before me so I don't have to go through this pain (I hope) :p

Tesla insurance was cheapest for me until i found Wawanesa. At least with my model Y. I got quotes from like 5 insurance companies and Tesla was cheapest, but Wawanesa quote is even better. I'm going to keep tesla insurance until after I get my Plaid X and then get a requote from Wawanesa
I just tried Wawanesa to compare it to my GEICO policy. It was actually $10/ 6 months cheaper than GEICO... I won't change, but it definitely is worth considering - I don't know Wawanesa, but policy price wise is very competitive....

When I got the call that they were switching my plaid 5 seater to 6 seats, I asked the Fremont guy about the 5 and 7 seaters for my LR long suffering friends. Got lots of answers like still in discussions, don’t look for them soon, production process improvements etc. as I reported then, I got a very bad feeling about the 5 and 7 seaters. I am now part of the group that like you, think they will finally cancel anything but 6 seat orders . I really hate how they are treating everyone, even me with a 4 day notice to pick mine up or lose it. Someday they will be wondering why model X sales have dropped to non sustainable levels. Maybe even offer the seating options again to save it.. This is no way to treat repeat customers and congratulations on your Taycan. I was about to take that walk to the dark side myself…..
wait a minute. wait a minute. Tesla Model X 6 seat has a cargo capacity of 70.7 cubic feet. The Porsche Taycan, even the larger Turismo, only has 42.8 cubic feet of storage with the 2nd row seats folded down. And it only seats 5. MX 6 seat has almost twice the cargo capacity as your beloved Porsche Taycan, yet you're about to walk into the dark because of the lowly 6 seat cargo capacity? Maybe it's not cargo, but it's the Tesla bait and switch that you're mostly concerned with?

Reactions: UCF3