Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woke up with full snark, walked into the service center and said, "Guys, I think I'm finally ready to schedule my delivery. It's been over a year and Elon said Xs have been rolling off the line since around May, so I know you've been waiting on me. My bad. Let's do it!"

"Oh, you got a vin?"

"No, I just got this seat in front of you. Can I have some water while we schedule it?"

"Ehh, we just have the cooler in the back now while we wait for more bottles to get delivered [supply chain disruptions really trickling down]."

"Cool, I'll just head back there. Want a cup too? Might take 2 weeks to 2 years."

"Ha ha. Funny guy. Just give it a few more days for my factory contact to reply [day 11]. I told you I don't normally email them right, but I did for you?"

I wish these guys worked at the IRS: "Seriously dude, we don't want your money."

I waited in line during the Model 3 announcement. Hard to believe it's gotten worse since that rollout.

I say we all make a pact, with @Stro in mind, if you get a VIN you take it. Even if there's a sad story about a November 1988 order, F Them Kids. That's your X. Even if you ordered yesterday and you can take delivery, do it. Don't think about me, don't think about @niogyn or @flippingrich don't think about any of us. Post lots of pics, and videos, update the spreadsheet, answer some questions and then go destroy every dork in a Tuner who wants to test you, just like the Good Lord intended.
I'm hoping we all get VINs but damn if I don't take whatever VIN comes my way. Even if it's not what I ordered I'm showing up to the showroom with dark shades, driving gloves, and a heavy foot!

I don't plan to give them money until I have had a chance to look the car over, inside and out. I can initiate a wire/ACH transfer or write them a check in the lobby. My checks to Tesla have been cashing since 2010.
That is a good idea. We did that with our 2 Teslas, sort of. We lease and they let us look the cars over before we handed them the initial check and signed the lease documents.

These are the 3 options: ACH, Mailed check, Wire transfer.

(unlike in 2018, when I bought my 3 by handing them a personal check for the entire amount at delivery)
Suggest always waiting until delivery day to pay. Enter ACH info at delivery is even safer than wiring before you arrive, unless you got a dedicated banker who can wire quickly while in the the lobby.

Tesla moves fast and breaks things, but they take your money faster and break more things after.

Hello folks, just ordered my LR X (6 seat, blue, black interior, 20” wheels) so I suppose I’ll be lurking here for the next year or so.
That said, the text I received moments after placing my order suggested that the ETA for the model I’d ordered was actually closer to June delivery timeframe which was quite unexpected.
Is this timeframe likely to align with reality? Or have my hopes been raised without any justification?

Reactions: Stro
Suspension Shudder

All these plaid deliveries seem rushed. Tesla doesn't often beg or give 6.5K upgrades for free. Will be interesting to see if this multi-year suspension shudder issue was resolved in the refresh, but motor seems to be in the same place and the car is even faster, so I don't think so. I think engineering gave up with the current chassis, especially since FWD are still a common problem.

That said, the text I received moments after placing my order suggested that the ETA for the model I’d ordered was actually closer to June delivery timeframe which was quite unexpected.
Is this timeframe likely to align with reality? Or have my hopes been raised without any justification?
Oh, it absolutely aligns with the reality! More than anything! You'll get it by June 100%! Only one detail... the year may change. Multiple times. After that, ...the delivery date may change again. Even on the day of delivery. Even a dozen times.

Hello folks, just ordered my LR X (6 seat, blue, black interior, 20” wheels) so I suppose I’ll be lurking here for the next year or so.
Welcome! You may get your car next week. With Tesla, everything is a surprise. Be sure to put your info in our tracking sheet (in my signature).