Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 6 seater delivery windows have reached March 20. This means no 5 seater deliveries till the end of March, at least 😪
Isn't it possible for them to deliver both at the same time? That is what they used to do on the same assembly line. Honestly, I'm starting to feel better about waiting for the 5-seater, it seems like some of those 6-seaters have been sitting around for a while.

The point is that their “detailing” is the cause of those scratches. When I purchased my last car, I explicitly asked them not to “wash” it. Unfortunately, they scratched the car by a dirty cloth inside and outside anyway…
I think you're right about that. The one VIN I rejected had all of the plastic washed with something that looked like a harsh solvent. Tons of wipe marks and streaks that made it look like the plastic was permanently damaged.

Seriously, the car looked like *sugar*. I don't understand how this stuff even happens at all, let alone to multiple deliveries.

My friend’s X (picked up last month) doesn’t show yoke worm either.
I heard from an “insider” that Tesla is also going to install airbag horn on MX soon as well. Hope it’s done before most people here get VIN.
Some have theorized that these models (without the worm) are different airbag designs that are actually in fact the new horn. Tesla does this all the time: they ship a new feature, and if they can hide it via software they will until the pipeline is saturated. That way they avoid people trying to cheat "the lottery". They did exactly this with the heated steering wheel for Y/3.

Just drove a Y again today at my local SC. SA said I’m likely to receive my X (December) before they get any demo vehicles.

Still debating if the X is $47k more worth it. I may place an order for an MYP to replace my M3P and make it work. I’m thinking of waiting to order until march with the hope that I’ll receive a Texas build.

Just drove a Y again today at my local SC. SA said I’m likely to receive my X (December) before they get any demo vehicles.

Still debating if the X is $47k more worth it. I may place an order for an MYP to replace my M3P and make it work. I’m thinking of waiting to order until march with the hope that I’ll receive a Texas build.
Watch the Munro videos of the Plaid S teardown. Most of what makes the X (and S) "worth it" is underneath.

Isn't it possible for them to deliver both at the same time? That is what they used to do on the same assembly line. Honestly, I'm starting to feel better about waiting for the 5-seater, it seems like some of those 6-seaters have been sitting around for a while.
The problem I have with the Plaid is the carbon fiber inside. If I could get the walnut on a Plaid, I might consider it. That is main reason I dismissed the Plaid.

Model X has a lot of premium features and marginally larger interior size over the Y.

Air suspension, adjustable ride height, dual front display, auto presenting doors, auto closing doors, falcon wing doors, massive outdoor-experience windshield, etc… the Model X is substantially more premium.

Model Y is basically a very small CUV, so low slung it’s basically humped up car. Don’t get me wrong: it’s an excellent vehicle and I love it.

For me the agony is deciding whether to just wait for Tesla’s first big-ish customer vehicle (Cybertruck) versus enjoy the (obviously very cool and high tech) Model X which I might get about one minute before delivery of my Cybertruck…

Last edited:
Model X has a lot of premium features and marginally larger interior size over the Y.

Air suspension, adjustable ride height, dual front display, auto presenting doors, auto closing doors, falcon wing doors, massive outdoor-experience windshield, etc… the Model X is substantially more premium.

Model Y is basically a very small CUV, so low slung it’s basically humped up car. Don’t get me wrong: it’s an excellent vehicle and I love it.

I completely agree that the X is a more premium vehicle. Thus the reason I ordered one, and still may take delivery. I’m on the fence…

That said, given production delays I’m starting to consider the value of the Y over the X as it makes better sense for my family currently as I can get one way quicker then my current X order.

Yes, it’s smaller. Yes, I have to open my own doors. But currently we’ve been getting by with the M3P for 8 months just fine( Sold the wife’s expedition to take advantage of high market prices).

Driving the Y today felt huge in comparison.

Decisions….

I also have an R1S on order…. But current EDD is early 2023

Hopefully they don’t cancel on me again. They said it’s still a tentative date and can change. They set it for factory pickup rather than home delivery.🤞🏼
7055D2E3-10E2-48C3-A6A2-112ACEA1EA7C.png

Hopefully they don’t cancel on me again. They said it’s still a tentative date and can change. They set it for factory pickup rather than home delivery.🤞🏼View attachment 765397
🤞🤞 you pick yours up on the same day as mine but an hour earlier tho I am on the opposite side of the US. So I guess I pick mine up 2 hours earlier 😅 either way gonna be a great day for both of us!

• Love
Reactions: Miyakudude
The point is that their “detailing” is the cause of those scratches. When I purchased my last car, I explicitly asked them not to “wash” it. Unfortunately, they scratched the car by a dirty cloth inside and outside anyway…

When I picked my P85D up in Fremont in 2015, the paint was flawless. No defects, bumps, chips, or swirls. It was a bright clear sunny day....the kind of sunny day that you can easily see swirls in. I would like to think that my MXP will have the same quality in 2022 that I got back in 2015.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
The problem I have with the Plaid is the carbon fiber inside. If I could get the walnut on a Plaid, I might consider it. That is main reason I dismissed the Plaid.

I almost dismissed the the Plaid because of this as well. I do not like carbon fiber. I love the Obeche Gloss in my P85D. Gives it a more premium look even if that era of car is lacking the same luxury features of the current S/X.