Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a good safety argument for sticking with the yoke. Yoke is Safer
That video says that 9 and 3 is safer for airbags. I agree. One can hold their hands at 9 and 3 with the previous S/X wheel.

They also talk about how great it is on a track. I assume they mean a road course as it would SUCK on an autocross circuit where you have to make tight turns. I don't disagree but their point is stupid. This is a ROAD car and only a tiny number of people will track it and I would wager that fewer than 10 will make it a track-only car. These cars will be driven on the road and the yoke is not better than a wheel on a road, navigating parking lots, etc.

Bottom line is that the old wheel does everything the yoke does (allows 9 and 3 proper hand position) while removing the ability to have 2 hands on the wheel when doing tight turns. So in fact the yoke is LESS safe than the old wheel.

Just wanted to bring something new:

I would recommend that we break-in our new cars for the first few hundred miles - just like our old ICE cars.

Take it easy all around (acceleration, charging, etc...) to give parts the opportunity to get in their groove - there are still bearings, and lots of moving parts that need to get seated. I think this will help in the longevity of the car.

I called the local SC and was transferred to the call center; @Stro called and asked about this as well - they told us you can go from LR --> Plaid or vice versa without losing your place in line (my RN stayed the same after I changed to Plaid). I never made a change to my order since last July so meybe that counts? not sure though, but try calling again to ask 888-518-3752
Tried that number. option 2 for new delivery then zip code. I think it just sends you to the closest store. I asked the guy who answered, he said yes it would move me to the back of the line. Called the DC I'm set at and asked them. They told me the same thing. I get the feeling they just don't want to bother doing an update for me. Going to try that fremont number (510-946-6050) again. Nobody answered the last few times.

That's my car!! I will take it as is! They can ship me the few missing parts as they come in, I will take care of it....

So desperate that I will accept parts in any color - will just have the whole thing wrapped when I am finished with it....

😁

Attachments

• My Tesla.JPG
    My Tesla.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 92
It's a question of scale and capacity. Installing batteries from a prototype production process and manufacturing line in some preproduction cars is quite different than having enough supply for their highest volume car.
Yes, but do you really think Tesla would install all of the 4680 equipment in Austin, and be currently producing Model Ys with 4680 structural packs, if they have not forecast the quantities needed to ramp Model Y there? That's business 101, and Tesla is currently teaching business 800

Congrats!! I know wraps are great and all, but I surely do love how the blue looks purple in certain light. How's the ride and quiet at fwy speeds? How's the stereo compared to your 3? Didja get summer tires too?
Car came with Michelin Latitude Sport 3 tires, and are very comfortable. Suspension is night and day difference with my 3/Y. Noise level: seems quieter, but could be the tires? Overall, a more comfortable ride.

Five days away from my one year "Orderversary".
I'm in Canada (BC) and my SA just told me all Canadian orders start in March. Any other Canucks here? Have you heard something similar?
So, welcome to the Year+ club. My SA told me that they were doing Final Cold Weather Testing certification before it's released in Canada. Perhaps we might see something, but it may also be pending some issues over the heat pump that's been found primarily in the 3/Y. It kind of looks promising given that the test track at Fremont has cleared a bit. My EDD is still March 2022, but let's see what happens come February 15th and whether we'll do yet another rollover.

Yes, but do you really think Tesla would install all of the 4680 equipment in Austin, and be currently producing Model Ys with 4680 structural packs, if they have not forecast the quantities needed to ramp Model Y there? That's business 101, and Tesla is currently teaching business 800
The only "data" we have is what Tesla presented on its Battery Day in September 2020. If I recall, they gave a timeframe of 2-3 years to achieve the cost, energy, and production targets they presented. Maybe all Ys out of Austin will have 4680s. I sure don't know. But even if they do, there's still pretty much no chance at all that 4680s make it into the X.

hello, been longtime lurker, reading since page 300 or so, just an update,maybe it might help the group,
ordered 9/18/21 RN 115681XXX, MXP black(ext)white(int) 6 seat, vinned (ENDING 3329XX) this morning 2/7/22, delivery scheduled 2/11/22 at burbank,CA
hopefully they keep the delivery appt,
I expect we'll see the first yoke refresh w/ central horn any day now, even though it might not be enabled yet. Let us know how your yoke looks, such as if it has the worm, and if your airbag feels like it might be a horn (that's later enabled).

So, welcome to the Year+ club. My SA told me that they were doing Final Cold Weather Testing certification before it's released in Canada. Perhaps we might see something, but it may also be pending some issues over the heat pump that's been found primarily in the 3/Y. It kind of looks promising given that the test track at Fremont has cleared a bit. My EDD is still March 2022, but let's see what happens come February 15th and whether we'll do yet another rollover.
That would make sense. I've seen my exact config go to a much younger order in Seattle. Which is almost walking distance from me. My EDD is also March 2022.

Not good. I'm wondering how much of this is because of them sitting around on Tesla's site for so long? I suspect that some have been sitting there for a lot longer than just a month. Not so concerned about it on the brake rotors, although until you try braking a bit to see if it clears off.
Not new though so I don't think it's the sitting around. My current X had a paint bubble from the factory that disintegrated and now shows rust. I also have a small amount of rust on a trim piece. My rotors are fine, probably because I have less regen and use the brakes a bit more but I've had BMWs that show rust after washing and then they go away.

my EDD finally changed back to March 2022. I called Tesla to get an update on my “re-VINning” and was told that within two weeks I should be rematched. I told him to write these numbers down:

3-13-45-49-54 24

And told him If he plays these numbers in two weeks, he will win the Powerball (lottery for those non-US folks). I think chances are equal between getting a new VIN and this dude winning this lottery. Check back in two weeks.

Five days away from my one year "Orderversary".
I'm in Canada (BC) and my SA just told me all Canadian orders start in March. Any other Canucks here? Have you heard something similar?
Haven't heard anything like that, but it would not seem impossible that they might start production for Canadian order near the end of March, for delivery in April--on the theory that all end-of-quarter (ie March) deliveries will be to customers closer to Fremont, and then in April they can open up to deliveries further away? I'm not holding my breath though--if we miss the April window we could be looking at July.
ps I'm nine days past my Orderversary :)

my EDD finally changed back to March 2022. I called Tesla to get an update on my “re-VINning” and was told that within two weeks I should be rematched. I told him to write these numbers down:

3-13-45-49-54 24

And told him If he plays these numbers in two weeks, he will win the Powerball (lottery for those non-US folks). I think chances are equal between getting a new VIN and this dude winning this lottery. Check back in two weeks.
You just gave half your winnings to your SA?! Does he also get to take half of the X? So, one gets the "V" and the other gets the "^".

Good God, I'm going to get shot for the bad jokes.

• Funny
Reactions: Stro