Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, after all the steps were in place on my end with a planned delivery tomorrow afternoon, I got a terse email that said, in essence - YOU'RE NOT GETTING YOUR CAR TOMORROW - we don't know when, but will put down next Saturday. I'm leaving the country on Friday, so told them I'm available thru Thursday... What an unmitigated mess - they knew for days of an impending delay, why last minute? Is this the normal? I've purchased two previous Teslas and never encountered this... Please share if this is the norm... Thanks
It is pretty normal for them to reschedule day of, or the day before because the vehicle didn't arrive when they thought it would and they don't have enough time to detail it. Or it arrived but there is something they need to fix before delivery.

I mean you can do that if it makes you feel better or as force of habit…. But I can assure you it’s not necessary at all, and makes zero difference in an EV.
I assure you, that in this case, I know exactly what I am talking about.

Motors, transmissions, all sorts of moving part have bearings that need to be seated - this has nothing to do with the battery side of things.

Reactions: JimBob 909
Just talked to someone at Tesla, I was trying to change my MX LR 7 seat order to 6 seat. I was expecting $3k price difference but was told at current MX LR price the price difference will be $10k and I might loose my spot. Anyone else able to get theirs changed by paying just $3k difference. I really like the 6 seat config now.
FWIW, I asked my SA via text two days ago because I was considering doing anything to get my car sooner….I already added FSD to my order. My SA has always been responsive and attentive. Whether what he says is true or not is hard to say…

Me: because I really need a bigger car right now that since only six seaters are being made right now. Is there a way I can edit my order to a six seater and pay the $3,000 extra for the seat configuration difference and not have it affect my place in line?

SA: I know we are starting the 5 and 7 seats soon from what I’ve heard — with how backed up the X is, I think if we changed the design it would negatively impact your delivery unfortunately, but totally up to you. I would also have to make that change for you to prevent it from raising your price more (X has gone up like 10K since you ordered)

Reactions: JBTMX and EV3_
4711017E-179D-4991-A79B-9B9A95611464.jpeg
D0F8A147-2BDF-4E77-8C32-E27959477AEB.jpeg

Took delivery today in Corte Madera, CA. Slight misalignment on driver door but otherwise pristine.

Yes, but do you really think Tesla would install all of the 4680 equipment in Austin, and be currently producing Model Ys with 4680 structural packs, if they have not forecast the quantities needed to ramp Model Y there? That's business 101, and Tesla is currently teaching business 800

They might be teaching business 800, but they keep missing CRM 101.

I don’t know how the thread elders do it..it’s hard not to chuckle a little at people who are impatient and ordered in Q4 2021 or even January and expect that Plaid asap while the elders have waited since 2020 and are working toward their 2nd orderversary!

I’m not even to my first year waiting so I know not to expect anything until this summer, or maybe never because I think I have Stro’s luck too.
Many people ordered in November and December and already go their delivery. I ordered 11/11/21 so I got some time to go but it's certainly isn't fair for sure. Only thing we can do is eat horse *sugar* in the interim

I'll be that guy and ask the obvious question. My (LR, 5 Seater, White on White, 20" Wheels, 6/12/21 order date) EDD is March. Is it safe to say that "March" doesn't mean anything in this case? Considering Tesla is prioritizing Plaid version ATM and most LR delivered so far have been 6 seaters.

I'll be that guy and ask the obvious question. My (LR, 5 Seater, White on White, 20" Wheels, 6/12/21 order date) EDD is March. Is it safe to say that "March" doesn't mean anything in this case? Considering Tesla is prioritizing Plaid version ATM and most LR delivered so far have been 6 seaters.
It’s March. But not 2022.

FWIW, I asked my SA via text two days ago because I was considering doing anything to get my car sooner….I already added FSD to my order. My SA has always been responsive and attentive. Whether what he says is true or not is hard to say…

Me: because I really need a bigger car right now that since only six seaters are being made right now. Is there a way I can edit my order to a six seater and pay the $3,000 extra for the seat configuration difference and not have it affect my place in line?

SA: I know we are starting the 5 and 7 seats soon from what I’ve heard — with how backed up the X is, I think if we changed the design it would negatively impact your delivery unfortunately, but totally up to you. I would also have to make that change for you to prevent it from raising your price more (X has gone up like 10K since you ordered)
How could they possibly start 5+7 when there still seem to be a decent amount of 6 seat orders waiting, with more probably coming in all the time. It doesn't really make sense.

It is pretty normal for them to reschedule day of, or the day before because the vehicle didn't arrive when they thought it would and they don't have enough time to detail it. Or it arrived but there is something they need to fix before delivery.
Does the fact they took the cash, even before I accepted delivery, or even see the car, is that normal behavior? I thought once you accepted delivery, the money changes hands... Please share, I'm needing guidance here...

Does the fact they took the cash, even before I accepted delivery, or even see the car, is that normal behavior? I thought once you accepted delivery, the money changes hands... Please share, I'm needing guidance here...
Ethically wrong but Tesla is doing that. Where I live I can walk in with a bank certified check. State to State is different. No way do I give anyone or any company $100K before I have the product. Heck, I built a home for only a few thousand dollars down.

Others who have had this issue of unknown delay reported they have been able to call and get the money reversed. Good luck

Reactions: zapparino
How could they possibly start 5+7 when there still seem to be a decent amount of 6 seat orders waiting, with more probably coming in all the time. It doesn't really make sense.
There are 5/7 seat orders from 2020. Why shouldn’t they get made? Typically you have batches of each type happening. i.e. two weeks of 6 followed by two weeks of 5, etc. These folks deserve their cars as much as us 6 seaters.

There are 5/7 seat orders from 2020. Why shouldn’t they get made? Typically you have batches of each type happening. i.e. two weeks of 6 followed by two weeks of 5, etc. These folks deserve their cars as much as us 6 seaters.
I agree they deserve their cars. I would just be surprised if they add another item to the mix when they already can't keep up.

I don’t know how the thread elders do it..it’s hard not to chuckle a little at people who are impatient and ordered in Q4 2021 or even January and expect that Plaid asap while the elders have waited since 2020 and are working toward their 2nd orderversary!

I’m not even to my first year waiting so I know not to expect anything until this summer, or maybe never because I think I have Stro’s luck too.

Here's the current state of orders by month and deliveries. I split it by LR and Plaid because obviously there are a lot more Plaid deliveries of recent orders and it was clear they are following two different paths:

1644335509426.png

Here's the current state of orders by month and deliveries. I split it by LR and Plaid because obviously there are a lot more Plaid deliveries of recent orders and it was clear they are following two different paths:

View attachment 766372

I frequently look at these numbers and wonder how much they may be skewed.

Since adding the "Reservation" column on the spreadsheet roughly 1 month ago we now have 170 of 459 orders with updated RNs added.
OR another way of looking at it, 289 of 459 orders have not updated the "Checkin" column since Jan 1.

There are certainly a good handful of individuals that stumbled upon this thread once, entered their info, and will never return.

Edit: I wonder if it would be safe to add roughly double the delivery data.

Reactions: usctrojan98