Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. So I am a VINner! 7SAXCBE66NF332695. Plaid order 9/9/21. But I'm going to delay it for 90 days (though I don't see a button to do that in my account - I think I need to wait until they try to schedule delivery?). I still have 2 months minimum on my XC40 Recharge Lease (based on my original EDD of April, 2022) and I'm in no hurry. I really don't want a car that has been sitting in a field for months.

So if anyone has a Plaid Blue, 20", Carbon, 6 seat on order hopefully I just moved you up a spot!

It might be time!

With absolutely ZERO 5/7 seat vehicles being delivered or even VIN'd and many of you with orders older than a year, I'm not sure I have the patience to keep giving Tesla a pass on their lack of communications, horrible customer service and lies. I was hopeful that the EDD push to March, rather than pushing out several months, was a good sign. Now I've figured out it's just another lie. I fully expect that Tesla will continue to push the date out month after month on all 5/7 seat orders, eventually coming to the conclusion that there won't be any LR or Plaid 5/7 seat configurations and everyone will "have to" convert to 6 seats or cancel their order. I'm not willing to continue with the pain of the monthly EDD push. They need to step up and clearly state their intent with the seat configurations, so people can make informed decisions.

It's great to see that there are some LR orders being VIN'd and delivery scheduled, especially those that have been waiting for well over a year, however, it's apparent that there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to who gets their cars. I don't have a 6 seat on order and never received "the call", even though my order was in Q1 2021. At this point if I got a call to convert to 6 seats at no cost and a promise to have it delivered in March, I don't think I'd believe it!

This is beyond frustrating...🤬

Hi everyone. So I am a VINner! 7SAXCBE66NF332695. Plaid order 9/9/21. But I'm going to delay it for 90 days (though I don't see a button to do that in my account - I think I need to wait until they try to schedule delivery?). I still have 2 months minimum on my XC40 Recharge Lease (based on my original EDD of April, 2022) and I'm in no hurry. I really don't want a car that has been sitting in a field for months.

So if anyone has a Plaid Blue, 20", Carbon, 6 seat on order hopefully I just moved you up a spot!
I'm a 332xxx Vin W/W as well - this is a 2022 vehicle, so likely has not been sitting in a field for months, weeks, perhaps. It appears to be a trucking issue out of fremont, more than anything.

Reactions: flippingrich
I'm a 332xxx Vin W/W as well - this is a 2022 vehicle, so likely has not been sitting in a field for months, weeks, perhaps. It appears to be a trucking issue out of fremont, more than anything.
Thanks for confirming the 2022 VIN. I still think I'm going to delay for a bit. Otherwise I'm eating $2k in XC40 lease payments. Plus I've been mentally prepared for April all this time anyway.

I just cancelled my LR S as it still had May delivery and I’m set on the X.. there are plaid S available at the service centres for immediate delivery in Canada though…
Same here in California. I wonder if they are cars that have been rejected. Really tempted to take one of the S plaid off the lot, but not sure I want a S and X plaid in the garage. I know if I ordered a S LR, I'll be in the same waiting room again.

Also, my edd for my LR has also changed to April. Original order March 21.

My DD updated to April 2022 as well today. Put in an order for a MYP. At least I should get that next month and hopefully from Austin. That will hold me over till I get my X.
I'm planning this same move right now ( also in PA). However, I think I'm going to wait until march to order.

Too many people are now putting their orders on hold due to chip change / Austin builds that I'm afraid if I order now that I'll get matched pretty quickly. But I'm curious to see how your order plays out.

T

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻LR Vinner. Okay now my hopes have gone up high PLEASE TESLA PLEASE give me my VIN! No delays on February 15 ! It’s my birthday month I deserve my VIN this month
My one year orderversary is March 28 ( 🙏 can I have my car by then)
They decided to disappoint me a few days early!!!! Wasn’t expecting a change till the 15th
New EDD April 2022 😒. The only time I’ll allow myself to have high hopes again is on my drive home in my Tesla…… if it ever happens

At least I can go on my spring break vacation end of March and not worry about a delivery during that time. Probably gonna go on a summer vacation as well before it happens !!! 😢.
((( sharing a car sucks))))(((( I need my Tesla))))

Reactions: studioloft
Keep in mind if you delay there is no guarantee it will be delivered in April. They’ll give your VIN to someone else then you’ll be waiting again.
Understood. My XC40 is through "Care By Volvo" which is a 2-year lease that can be cancelled any time after 5 months with no penalty. So starting in April I go month to month through November, 2023.
You also may lose out on the comp 6 seat configuration, worth 6500 credit... Now or never is what I was told...
I was always a 6 seat config with the latest pricing so no pricing impact for me.