Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don’t quite get the same trunk space in 6 seater. There is an extra sub trunk space in 5 seater version only that can fit more stuff beneath the floor. This is in addition to the regular sub trunk and is located where the extra row of seats would fold down.
I know about the sub trunk space - and realize it is filled with the 3rd row seat. I didn't bring it up as I didn't want to overcomplicate the conversation.

But since you bring it up: if I am forced to get a 6 seater, I have considered just removing the 3rd seat and installing the flat board that we have in the 5 seater now. Just not sure how clean it would look... these are just ideas that I don't have to deal with yet.

By the way, when we drove across the USA this last summer, I used that space for longer term storage items - I made a little dam across the space, so things would not fall into the deep well storage area. VERY Handy! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ironwill96
Same here in California. I wonder if they are cars that have been rejected. Really tempted to take one of the S plaid off the lot, but not sure I want a S and X plaid in the garage. I know if I ordered a S LR, I'll be in the same waiting room again.

Also, my edd for my LR has also changed to April. Original order March 21.
I think they overestimated the demand for S Plaid in relation to the cost & offering for S LR - in Canada these aren't rejected S Plaids but inventory. They go for between $170-190K in Canada hence its a major expense.

So, how much impact is this heat pump issue? Since I heard from my SA that Tesla was doing Final Winter Testing certification in Canada, followed by yet another delay in delivery, I'm now thinking that it's having a serious impact on production.

Tesla's heat pump problem causing loss of heat explained in new NHTSA recall

There's some claims of Model S issues in this thread, but look at the damage towards the current end of the thread (#358 for example).

Recent heat pump failures - software issue?

So, how much impact is this heat pump issue? Since I heard from my SA that Tesla was doing Final Winter Testing certification in Canada, followed by yet another delay in delivery, I'm now thinking that it's having a serious impact on production.

Tesla's heat pump problem causing loss of heat explained in new NHTSA recall

There's some claims of Model S issues in this thread, but look at the damage towards the current end of the thread (#358 for example).

Recent heat pump failures - software issue?

Theoretically it should be the same heat pump in the MS as the MX... Yet new MS orders have an EDD of 4-8 weeks.

I called about adding a trade in option for my order. I wanted to see how much they would give me for my 2022 LR model X. While we were talking he told me that once you get a date for less than a month it is pretty accurate. I wanted to start laughing. It made me think of you and your multiple less than 1 month windows.

• Funny
Reactions: niogyn
In the misery loves company realm, here are a few quotes from the Ford F150 non-EV (gas/diesel) forums. (KR = King Ranch edition. Platinum is a $90K pickup. Lariat and XLT are more normally priced trucks.)

Doesn't appear to be just KR and Platinum that are delayed now, Lariats and XLTs are being held up, too. A group of 15-20 of us with trucks scheduled to be built this week are finding that the delivery ETA for many of us have been pushed this week from February to May. BCE modules are populated on the build tracking site indicating the trucks are being built, so speculation is that some modules are not available. These trucks were ordered late October through November so we are looking at a full wait time from date of order of 6 months, minimum.
Edit1: Many of those dates that were moved out to May have subsequently moved back to February.
party0005.gif

Edit2: Some of those that were moved back to February are still showing as "Chip Hold" on dealer Vehicle Visibility Reports...
mad0228.gif

• Informative
Reactions: gglockner
Have ANY prerefresh LR been delivered? I’m a 1/23/21 order date and an April delivery like everyone else but I don’t recall anyone with a prerefresh pre price hike reservation for LR getting a car yet. I’m actually starting to believe they lost me in the system.

Reactions: IAMCCF