Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“White glove communication”? I’m not getting ANY communication. Customer service goes a long way now and in the future. Tesla is in a league of its own right now but that wont always be the case. Other companies will eventually catch up and this pisspoor (or nonexistent) communication will come back to bite them when that happens.
Oh I'm actually in full agreement on all counts. This is a dangerous game they are playing (with their brand). I was just explaining their position (and why it won't change anytime soon).

So I ordered a Y performance inventory car while I wait for my X. Managed to get ahold on one destined for the east coast before it left Fremont. Unfortunately, my est delivery date is in a day and the car is still sitting on a lot somewhere in California. I’ve had multiple interactions with SAs who said they’d call me back with details, buuut. Nothing.
"Sir, this is a Wendy's. You want the Model Y waiting room."

With a 2.74 0-60. So imagine what the ET will be with a 1/4 mile run that had a 0-60 of 2.5 (without 1 foot rollout) that Vehicle Virgins got.
I don’t know if it’s a valid conversion for EV’s, but if you plug the vehicle weights and quarter mile trap speeds into the formula, you get a little over 1300 hp for the MSP and MXP. If you plug in the numbers for the Rimac Nevera, you get 1735 hp, less than the claimed 1914 hp. So, it is likely that the MSP and MXP are putting out over 1300 hp.

Reactions: Lozzy and Cutch26
Takes 4 weeks to drive from the sandlot to the the guy with rock chip-laden detailing rags. Plus, they need to bake in time to give us fake delivery windows. Trust the process.
this just in - The Rock chip Detailing & wave/peel effect will soon be charged extra!! Enjoy it when you can for free- next price rise & q push will include these free value adds at higher price.

With the ”Remove FSD“ button disappearing and hearing people state they were unable to remove FSD before delivery I went to my delivery center in a panic. Spoke to the manager along with a sales associate who explained that once I have the VIN, I need to go back in and they will remove the FSD without raising the price. He said don’t get a loan through Tesla with the FSD price included or he won’t be able to take it off.

1- Get the VIN
2- Going to service Center and have them remove FSD
3- contact Tesla financing shop for a loan.
4- Pray nothing goes wrong…

Got my notification to schedule delivery. Only two days to chose from. Did anyone else have the wrong car in the scheduling part? It has the correct RN and color, but says long range instead of plaid
Exactly what happened when I was sceduling my delivey ...I called my local Tesla sales office & was assured that it was a typo. And the young lady looked it up & said -It is a plaid ! My 1st delivery date avaliable was 2 weeks out > Sunday 02/21 @ 1:30pm.....Hope the sun is out....I would still call your local delivery center to verify....Good luck.

I still cannot believe that Tesla is not going to make an end of quarter push on Long range model X it just does not make any sense.
If their goal is to maximize revenue (which it ALWAYS is), why wouldn't they ship every Plaid they possibly can by EOQ, then switch to LRs? I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying I can see them doing it.

Reactions: ironwill96
That's good to know. If mine, which I just ordered and had an EDD of October but is now this coming week gives me a vin, I'll ask for the same 30 day hold. Also, the longer we wait, the better chance of getting the Matrix headlights which are sorely needed on the S/X.

Yours is the exact same config as mine.
Yeah, I am tempted to cancel completely and wait for the new headlights and taillights. I don't want to get my car and then 2 weeks later they start making them with the updated lights. But I have a couple months to think about it now.

Sure would be nice if they’d store the $100k+ vehicles on a paved lot instead of the Intern Rock Chip cloth manufacturing site.
True. It was better when they stored them at the Kato site, although I'd prefer it to be sitting in a conditioned warehouse being pampered by people who wash and wax it weekly while awaiting parts. Wishful thinking - kinda like actually getting the X.