Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude looks you got a good one based on the exterior. Not seeing any orange peel with the paint, bumper matches, alignment appears acceptable. Just push to let them open/close the wings especially and all doors/frunk/trunk a few times and check for metal rubbing. That’s the alignment test. Curious if others see anything serious.

Edit: drunk to frunk
I feel like I’m not going to even know what to look for. You all notice all of the details..I’m not even sure what the first issue Stro pointed out is? Alignment toward the top of the door is off?

They are delivering Model Ys in an increasingly pristine condition and at an increasingly massive scale.

I think it just says that Tesla really never was about making niche products for 1%ers but rather about elevating the standard of living to electric transportation for the average person.

Tesla doesn’t hate us they just have bigger fish to fry.
Agree. The Y I got earlier this month was the best built Tesla I’ve had, by far.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I feel like I’m not going to even know what to look for. You all notice all of the details..I’m not even sure what the first issue Stro pointed out is? Alignment toward the top of the door is off?
Yup. That’s one thing. Some rubber showing in others. Some sticky material and paint drip on trunk, but nothing terrible. I haven’t looked at the inside or beneath it yet. That’s tomorrow at 5PM. I’m dressing like Sherlock Holmes and bringing an oversized magnifying glass to check every detail.

Yup. That’s one thing. Some rubber showing in others. Some sticky material and paint drip on trunk, but nothing terrible. I haven’t looked at the inside or beneath it yet. That’s tomorrow at 5PM. I’m dressing like Sherlock Holmes and bringing an oversized magnifying glass to check every detail.
Pretty much the same issues I had with my current one as well.

There's never been a perfectly-aligned falcon door, which is why no production cars have them. Sensors can be wonky, but hard to detect beyond making sure the open and close all the way.

You kind of blew your cover with the emails today, which was the right the to do, but you should show up with a Carhartt outfit, unshaven, real sloppy to catch them by surprise, and some fake glasses. Tell them you have terrible vision, but you're spotting some issues (if there are any), but like I said, your car looks as solid as Tesla can do these days.

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
I am going to be a little disappointed if they do end up modifying the headlights and taillights and change the charging port anytime soon. They just started really delivering the refreshed Xs, and then there’s another refresh on top of it? Probably should’ve made those changes and implemented them in the months they took off from producing any Xs.
Tesla is constantly iterating. Your new car is going to be outdated as soon as it’s made.

But don’t worry. It’s still going to sell very well when you’re ready.

I am going to be a little disappointed if they do end up modifying the headlights and taillights and change the charging port anytime soon. They just started really delivering the refreshed Xs, and then there’s another refresh on top of it? Probably should’ve made those changes and implemented them in the months they took off from producing any Xs.
Well technically it’s already a year old design so time for a slight refresh lol

I just really prefer the current rear set up over the new but I would like to have the new headlights …. Have to assume they are better though how good can headlights be? I’ve been driving for 40 years and never noticed an issue with my headlights.

I just noticed my app no longer says we’re building your car and just says we will notify you when it’s time to schedule delivery. It still says July, was that a universal change or possibly a good sign? Or likely nothing at all…
Getting a delivery date range is the only thing that can be interpreted as positive, but we've seen those revert back to the standard placeholder EDD, currently July (in the U.S.), so no guarantees even at that point.

There's never been a perfectly-aligned falcon door, which is why no production cars have them. Sensors can be wonky, but hard to detect beyond making sure the open and close all the way.

You kind of blew your cover with the emails today, which was the right the to do, but you should show up with a Carhartt outfit, unshaven, real sloppy to catch them by surprise, and some fake glasses. Tell them you have terrible vision, but you're spotting some issues (if there are any), but like I said, your car looks as solid as Tesla can do these days.
Show up dressed like Ongo Gablogian.

People! Stop creating problems for yourselves! Just ENJOY your new car! It's AWESOME!

P.S. This message doesn't relate to the yellow paint on the bumper. That one was really bad...
Fit and finish issues on these cars persist simply because too many buyers are blinded by the tech and willfully ignore the fundamentals of what a well-built car should be.

I forgot... one more question about your exterior. How was the paint on your bumper? My reject (also white) had a horrible mismatch. Another white delivery in a different thread looked the same. Just a much warmer tone on the bumper.

I remember this was also a big issue with the Model 3 ramp. At some point the theory was that the paint bonds to the plastic of the bumper differently than the aluminum... which makes sense... but also isn't our problem (Tesla should be capable of matching the colors).

EDIT: Here's the other poster's photo (as an example of the bumper paint mismatch).

View attachment 771450
This is my car, in person it’s not extremely noticeable. Here is an updated pic lol

Attachments

• CA128512-D3B9-409A-9906-63EF9B0F1DCA.jpeg
    CA128512-D3B9-409A-9906-63EF9B0F1DCA.jpeg
    484.5 KB · Views: 122