Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well ladies and gents… I have my car. Zero issues other than a misaligned panel on one side which they’ll fix. Perfection. The SA helping me was super nice. She made sure I checked everything including the interior. I’m not leaving this group yet though. I’m hoping every one of you has the same experience or better. So worth the wait. I’ll update with pics tomorrow. Too dark right now.
Congratulations! I cannot count how many of us here are so happy for you. ENJOY! And please don’t abandon us yet!

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
Well ladies and gents… I have my car. Zero issues other than a misaligned panel on one side which they’ll fix. Perfection. The SA helping me was super nice. She made sure I checked everything including the interior. I’m not leaving this group yet though. I’m hoping every one of you has the same experience or better. So worth the wait. I’ll update with pics tomorrow. Too dark right now.
Atta boy

• Love
Reactions: Stro
Time to place your guess, Tesla employees can play also because they know as much as we do. Looks like they will run the 6 seat Plaids and LR's for a while longer. Do they start with the 5 or 7 seaters next or make everyone convert to a 6 seater on the LR's also.
Well, since I ordered a 5 seat, I will guess the 7 seat comes out next.

I think I read you have to wave your phone next to the door handle and people questioning what the point is because you can just press the button at that point. It sounded disappointing and I figured I’d still have to use fob but not sure if they’ve updated and improved it to auto detect where phone is and open.

Edit: if correct this is for auto open and not auto unlock
I think your correct, auto open work perfect with fob, however using the phone i heard u got to be close to the point u just can use ur hand to push the handle!!

Well, today was the day! After over a year of waiting, I took delivery today of my LR X (white, 20”, FSD, 6-seat) in Portland! Fortunately, didn’t notice any major issues. Panel gaps aren’t perfect, but they told me that they were all within tolerance and I’d have to pay if I wanted them adjusted further. They’re significantly better than on my 2018 X, however, and if it were anything other than a Tesla, I probably wouldn‘t have noticed them.

Here are a few things I’ve noticed so far (Coming from a 2018 X 100D):
- It’s fast! Feels significantly quicker than the old one. Was surprised to see that even the non-plaid X’s have launch mode! Haven’t gotten to try it yet, but will soon
- Audio sounds great! Premium audio was already good in the 2018, but it’s definitely improved now.
- Road noise is not great. Probably not worse than my old one, but doesn’t seem any better either. It is a little disappointing that Tesla doesn’t do better with this. Of note, my car’s software is not up to date (currently 2021.43). I have it on WiFi and with advanced update mode enabled, so we’ll see how long it takes to update.
- I like the yoke! It‘s going to take some getting used to for city driving, but it’s very nice on the highway, which is most of my driving. Since it feels a good bit wider at the bottom than the round wheel, when I have my arms resting on the arm rests, it’s a lot more comfortable to just rest my hands naturally on the yoke. Anytime I was previously on autopilot, I had rigged up a way to keep my hands off the wheel without nag, because it just wasn’t comfortable keeping them on there all the time (I know many of you don’t approve of this, and I don’t care to hear your opinions now either). However, I didn’t bring it with me when I picked the car up today, and didn’t feel that I missed it or needed it.
- Still on the yoke, I like the location of the turn signals (and other touch buttons), although again, gonna take a bit of getting used to. I still found myself reaching for where the turn signal stalk would have been on every other car, but when I thought about it, it was nice having them just sitting right next to where my thumb naturally sits anyway. The system that automatically turns them off seemed like magic and worked perfectly so far. To those who aren’t aware, the turn signal is not the typical half-push for 3 flash or full push for indefinitely flashing signal that‘s on nearly every modern car. The yoke buttons turn the signals on, then they turn off automatically when they’re supposed to - whether that be once you’ve changed lanes, completed a turn, or merged onto an exit ramp. You can push them a second time to turn the signal off, but I haven’t had to. Really feels like all of the buttons just work the way they ought to work on every car!
- The new main display is beautiful and seems much nicer than the old vertical displays. Very bright, high resolution, and responsive. New interface is nice too. Although they were advertised to be able to tilt left and right, they do not currently, nor do they appear that they’ll ever be able to (absent a hardware change). One of the Tesla employees said he’s seen the display unattached, and there didn’t seem to be any mechanism to allow them to tilt.
- Didn‘t know that there was an option to have seat heat and cooling be done automatically. Haven’t been able to thoroughly test how that works, although it did keep the seat heat on low during the drive home, which is what I would have set.
- Autopilot calibration is much faster than previous. The guy who delivered the car recommended that I get in the middle lane once I got on the highway and after I did that, within 5 minutes, cameras were calibrated and ready for autopilot.
- I requested FSD beta as soon as autopilot was activated. My safety score is currently 100 after about 60 miles of highway driving, and driving on the highway with autopilot engaged seems the way to keep your score up. Most of the categories that affect your safety score are not counted while you’re using autopilot, including forward collision warnings, unsafe following, and hard braking. Not sure how they let people into the beta, although I’ve heard it’s pretty quick once you reach 100 miles.
- The front doors take significantly more force to close than the old X! They still seem to work the same as before, but you really need to slam them shut with some force to get the soft close mechanism to catch them and take over!

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!View attachment 771880
Congrats, i am very disappointed about the road nose , i got 2018 and was hoping to have a descents phone conversation while on the highway, which I can’t with 2018!!

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Congrats, i am very disappointed about the road nose , i got 2018 and was hoping to have a descents phone conversation while on the highway, which I can’t with 2018!!
I’m coming from a 2018 model 3 to a model x and the road noise is so much better. It’s a blessing to be coming from something so noisy as the X feels so damn quiet.

Congratulations! Wonderful news on that pain free delivery experience. Things are looking up for the rest of us now!

So has anyone else’s order get delayed? Mine went from 2/26 -3/1 to now it says July. That seems a little crazy when I ordered it April 2021. At this rate i might get my cyber truck before then. Not really a great way to treat loyal customers. I bought the S the first year and now coming from a X.

So has anyone else’s order get delayed? Mine went from 2/26 -3/1 to now it says July. That seems a little crazy when I ordered it April 2021. At this rate i might get my cyber truck before then. Not really a great way to treat loyal customers. I bought the S the first year and now coming from a X.
Don’t pay attention to the July EDD. Lots of peeps have seen VINs this week even though they had July as EDD. It’s just a placeholder. Mine said April when I got my VIN earlier this month.

Well, today was the day! After over a year of waiting, I took delivery today of my LR X (white, 20”, FSD, 6-seat) in Portland! Fortunately, didn’t notice any major issues. Panel gaps aren’t perfect, but they told me that they were all within tolerance and I’d have to pay if I wanted them adjusted further. They’re significantly better than on my 2018 X, however, and if it were anything other than a Tesla, I probably wouldn‘t have noticed them.

Here are a few things I’ve noticed so far (Coming from a 2018 X 100D):
- It’s fast! Feels significantly quicker than the old one. Was surprised to see that even the non-plaid X’s have launch mode! Haven’t gotten to try it yet, but will soon
- Audio sounds great! Premium audio was already good in the 2018, but it’s definitely improved now.
- Road noise is not great. Probably not worse than my old one, but doesn’t seem any better either. It is a little disappointing that Tesla doesn’t do better with this. Of note, my car’s software is not up to date (currently 2021.43). I have it on WiFi and with advanced update mode enabled, so we’ll see how long it takes to update.
- I like the yoke! It‘s going to take some getting used to for city driving, but it’s very nice on the highway, which is most of my driving. Since it feels a good bit wider at the bottom than the round wheel, when I have my arms resting on the arm rests, it’s a lot more comfortable to just rest my hands naturally on the yoke. Anytime I was previously on autopilot, I had rigged up a way to keep my hands off the wheel without nag, because it just wasn’t comfortable keeping them on there all the time (I know many of you don’t approve of this, and I don’t care to hear your opinions now either). However, I didn’t bring it with me when I picked the car up today, and didn’t feel that I missed it or needed it.
- Still on the yoke, I like the location of the turn signals (and other touch buttons), although again, gonna take a bit of getting used to. I still found myself reaching for where the turn signal stalk would have been on every other car, but when I thought about it, it was nice having them just sitting right next to where my thumb naturally sits anyway. The system that automatically turns them off seemed like magic and worked perfectly so far. To those who aren’t aware, the turn signal is not the typical half-push for 3 flash or full push for indefinitely flashing signal that‘s on nearly every modern car. The yoke buttons turn the signals on, then they turn off automatically when they’re supposed to - whether that be once you’ve changed lanes, completed a turn, or merged onto an exit ramp. You can push them a second time to turn the signal off, but I haven’t had to. Really feels like all of the buttons just work the way they ought to work on every car!
- The new main display is beautiful and seems much nicer than the old vertical displays. Very bright, high resolution, and responsive. New interface is nice too. Although they were advertised to be able to tilt left and right, they do not currently, nor do they appear that they’ll ever be able to (absent a hardware change). One of the Tesla employees said he’s seen the display unattached, and there didn’t seem to be any mechanism to allow them to tilt.
- Didn‘t know that there was an option to have seat heat and cooling be done automatically. Haven’t been able to thoroughly test how that works, although it did keep the seat heat on low during the drive home, which is what I would have set.
- Autopilot calibration is much faster than previous. The guy who delivered the car recommended that I get in the middle lane once I got on the highway and after I did that, within 5 minutes, cameras were calibrated and ready for autopilot.
- I requested FSD beta as soon as autopilot was activated. My safety score is currently 100 after about 60 miles of highway driving, and driving on the highway with autopilot engaged seems the way to keep your score up. Most of the categories that affect your safety score are not counted while you’re using autopilot, including forward collision warnings, unsafe following, and hard braking. Not sure how they let people into the beta, although I’ve heard it’s pretty quick once you reach 100 miles.
- The front doors take significantly more force to close than the old X! They still seem to work the same as before, but you really need to slam them shut with some force to get the soft close mechanism to catch them and take over!

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!View attachment 771880
So nice! My Y was perfect and glad yours was pretty much too! And my 2018 X CPO is perfect. Hoping my 2022 X will be as well.
Do you have the cornering lights when you turn the yoke at slow speeds or turn on the turn signals?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I also feel $20k+ for a plaid, esp compared to the pre price-hike LR price, if not using that performance regularly is hard to justify. Besides range, carbon fiber is also not something that appeals to me. I’m a fan of the use of the wood trim in this new X which helps gives it a more upscale touch and feel.

Since still no word on X 7 seater production, I’ve ordered a model 3 for my wife and I, and I’ll drive it till nov this year when her current ICE lease is up. That gives me another 8 or 9 months to get my X…w reasonably strong hope, and she will take over the 3 at that time. I have to admit, I’m a little nervous though to go from 2 ice cars to 2 ev’s only by the end of the year. Can’t wait to never get gas again though, esp w prices here in so cal for gas.
You’ll never miss gas stations, unless you need a bathroom food or those with a SuperCharger!