Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
Model S line reportedly is down to make way for the new headlights to be incorporated into the design. Hopefully the Model X is next.
Funny, without appreciating the improvements of the new headlights (?), I'm very happy to get the existing light set up -- the rear look looks just like a model y, much cheaper I think... just made it in!

• Love
Reactions: Elixir
Too bad BMW did not continue down the EV path they started with the i3/i8. They could be ahead of Tesla. A big thing now is Tesla has the Supercharger network which is expansive and just works.

Also, be careful with CarWow reviews. They derive income as a car finding and price negotiating service.
Everyone keeps bringing up the SC network. This advantage will be gone in a few years. Heck it could be gone in a few months if Tesla adds CCS to their SCs.
Had almost the same experience, except the no one contacted me after ordering and ultimately I had to chase down the dealership to get my car. Now it seems they’ve changed the program so that you can’t order online, but need to work with the dealership to see what they have in inventory already. My guess is the dealerships complained about cutting them out as middle man.
Sorry to hear that. After I ordered mine online the sales manager of the dealership called me and we talked for a bit. He then thought for a minute and decided which of his salespeople to assign to me. I got email updates from Volvo as it was shipping and the salesperson called me when it arrived and set up a time to come pick it up.
The small charging port looked much cooler :(
But it may be the beginning of a transition to CCS. Years from now it will be a pain to drive a proprietary Tesla as you will need adapters to use most chargers. Plus this simplifies global production. No different than Apple transitioning to USB-C. It's a bit painful during the transition but everyone is better off.
I've been renting a car for the last few weeks and the key fob has been the most annoying thing. Also, walking away from the car without locking it. I really miss my phone key.
Walk away door lock has worked in Teslas with the key fob since 2012 :). I will definitely use the fob. From reading TMC over the years, phone key has had its issues. Key fob works perfectly every time. We have a dish in the laundry room with all of our keys - just grab what you need on your way out the door. Wife just leaves the fob in her purse and never has to think about it. Door handles present as the walks up, locks as she walks away. Could not be simpler. Plus you can open the trunk and frunk without pulling out your phone (I can just stick my hand in my pocket and double-click the end I need) and as the others stated with the X you can open the FWDs.

Last edited:
Reactions: croman
Everyone keeps bringing up the SC network. This advantage will be gone in a few years. Heck it could be gone in a few months is Tesla adds CCS to their SCs.
I was just watching the video from Fully Charged and they mentioned that VW is working toward a simpler charging system so that you are not fiddling with account cards, etc. It is a step in the right direction.

The question is what will Tesla do with all the cars that have the unique Tesla charger config in favor of the CCS - will they abandon them in the long term?

Hello. Me again with the unpopular opinions :)

I hope the X does not get the new tail lights...
I believe the black bar spanning left to right adds appeal and personality. Removing the black bar makes it look a little more... average.
Also the less defined spoiler makes it look like an M3

1645498878315.png
MX Refresh tail design
1645498989515.png
MS Refresh with old tail design
1645498768874.png
New tail design

Last edited:
For those of you like me, who have owned an MY or M3 and are used to the phone key…. Are you going to use the X fob?

For experienced X owners or better yet X owners that also have a MY/M3, what are advantages of fob over phone key?

I have to say I have really gotten used to not carrying a fob around with me.
Having no choice but to use fob on my 2018 MX I was looking forward to using the key card or app in my new plaid however the self presenting door worked 50% without the key fob. There were even instances of delayed unlocking where as the fob worked instantly and 100% Needless to say I always use the fob.

I was just watching the video from Fully Charged and they mentioned that VW is working toward a simpler charging system so that you are not fiddling with account cards, etc. It is a step in the right direction.

The question is what will Tesla do with all the cars that have the unique Tesla charger config in favor of the CCS - will they abandon them in the long term?
Yeah, I don't know why public chargers can't just have credit card readers on them like every gas pump.... If you want to get loyalty points of whatever, fine, make people join the club, also just like gas stations today. But if I need a charge to get somewhere just let me pay for the stinking power and get on with my life.

As for the transition - for L2 there will be the J1772 adapter like there is today. Then they will probably keep a few SCs at each location with both plugs to support the older cars. Worst case they make a CCS-Tesla adapter like was talked about earlier in the thread.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Hello. Me again with the unpopular opinions :)

I hope the X does not get the new tail lights...
I believe the black bar spanning left to right adds appeal and personality. Removing the black bar makes it look a little more... average.
Also the less defined spoiler makes it look like an M3
So I will split the baby - I like the black trim piece but I hate that it protrudes into the light assembly. I think this is a move in the right direction. You can always have the trim piece wrapped whatever color you want.

anyone with a March EDD planning on picking theirs up in Mt Kisco, New York?
I got my 2022 MXLR there yesterday, a 90-minute drive for me from Connecticut.

Metered street parking for the car you come with (crowded even on Sunday). Their two little lots were filled with Teslas; our main worry was trying not to bash the driver and front passenger doors into the cars beside us, or have them bash us. Didn't dare lift the FWD.

We arrived five minutes before our appointment, and they were still wiping our car down for dust and grime. No scratches at least.

We worked through the checklist as best we could. Only one flaw that I've found so far (I've driven the X 200 miles in two days).

Driver's door lines up nicely:
AM-JKLWDqFlz8naOY-glggLk_r3Q76-h8EDPXzKtLwtkfO85YMrvfUdwTy6kR1Rd7gQm_2zE5g0O1yfKfj8LOsQmz-pkxirSQyl3zJ5M--Zw8EWUtmXd13rdcZekRfdokJeCmPk01-_2CWxjrANvHpRwvR_8Ng=w1778-h2370-no

Passenger door not so much. Seals seem tight; no wind noise. What do you-all think?
AM-JKLX_xeMikni_tO0zSNa3aDb8YDJ6oqTJfGSk1syvzi61L9N91qhY4uKlXOPinqXlgZj_nE0MdUhFUWtptc1u9d4dM3kIthNJ9a8M_xF_sibuoPL0bxkTW7J_FfcUXVQg251szzbEZTSv5cKyPI4PSx18iA=w1778-h2370-no

Here it is at home:
AM-JKLUg_ImoLEkn0cL5hHTrZ8TAE89UU4o0wm3uPIqgWoLJz5gLO6TQLjSc9Cio8rCbCvjJ68TimFX1xV-iKlCMpPAY_RRjSpU4c6C8yOhwAAO1gNLv-bEDerzTooj-i-0Pcj2udt_DQ3n0d7xr20-Vu_4eJA=w2318-h1740-no