Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’re specifically, in writing, holding it for you for a week? Last I heard you had three days to get your #%*^ in order or they would move to the next person.
I’m curious about this too. June order and we have a cruise coming up in June. With my luck, I’m dreading that they’re going to say it’s available when we’re in the middle of an ocean. I’ll swim if I have to.

someone on facebook Model X owners group posted a picture with an X in transport with the new talilights, new charger port door, and new (old) Plaid badge. No confirmation of headlights.

I don't think the model X in taiwan had matrix headlights but the S did. So perhaps matrix might just be on S? The matrix looks like projector vs old lights
There were no pictures to confirm the X got the new lights but people at the event claimed that the X has new light too… A picture would have been the definitive answer…

Reactions: DelPhonic1
What is the superiority of the new matrix headlights vs the old reflector headlights, this was probably discussed in-depth some 100 pages back that I missed. I have a 2022 MY which was manufactured in late December 2021 that I missed the boat on with the new headlights. If we’re talking only brightness, I have a 5 minute drive into my neighborhood that is quite dark and I find the non matrix headlights on my Y hella bright, and gets even more bright when the auto high beams switch on periodically. So I find myself in a bit of a head scratcher moment when folks are waiting for the new headlight when all this time I thought the current headlights are the best things ever! Lol
matrix headlights functionality hasnt been turned on yet. But they are really cool. You can drive with high beams on and it will shut off around oncoming cars or if a car is in front of you. It will also shine its light around curves

Reactions: T3slafan2500
I believe it adjusts based on recent actual mileage realized... so in the winter, for example, the car will clearly get less than EPA and so the estimated miles should be lower...

It better not. It's a federal requirement to display RATED range which is not effected by your driving style. I asked this question of the refresh in the S forum and was assured multiple times that the refresh S is still displaying RATED range.

I've never posted on here but I had an anxiety attack last night thinking I actually had a VIN, let alone an EDD. Only to wake up and find out that I have nothing but a T... B... D... No July no nothing. I ordered December of 2020... Yes 2020!

RN114314247

Albuquerque, 6-seat, LR, White/Cream, 22 FSD
I'm about 82,000 lower than you (RN114231xxx) and since i'm 5 seat I don't have a chance of seeing my car (IMHO). We can only hang in there.
MSM, Cream 20" 5 seat.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Mine is now 316 vs 314 last time. Interesting. Could it be dynamic based on driving mode + outside factors such as weather like others have said? I will 100% ask about this during my appointment at the SC. But maybe someone else with a new MX can chime in?

View attachment 774642

Your battery is showing 5% degradation already. Rated range is strictly a function of the existing battery capacity(not effected by driving style or history) and your rated wh / mile.

For your car, that's 286 wh / mile. So 95 / 0.286 = 332. Someone needs to use SMT or TM-SPY asap to look at the BMS nominal usable capacity to make sure Tesla isn't hiding true capacity.

There is so much debate about this, that the other sections on this board all agree to just switch it to percentage because it will never be correct. Its just an estimate

But then you'll never see true degradation which is probably what Tesla wants as it will allow the consumer access to precise data to let them know when to trigger a claim on the 70% warranty.

See but that’s the problem… you will think you have 85 miles but you don’t really. It’s just an estimate based on your current driving history, conditions, etc…. Percentage on the other hand is accurately depicting what percentage of your battery is remaining. You just have to determine what percentage you are comfortable arriving at the supercharger with and then plan accordingly.

Which means nothing if you don't know the current kwh capacity of your battery which EPA rated range tells you.