Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely appreciate this insight. I also ordered an RS1 - now it sits at $97k - almost identical to my early 2021 ordered MX. Rivian's refundable $1000 deposit will likely come back to me soon. I am waiting for MXLR 5-seater - long wait probably (longer than 6 and potentially longer than 7).

In working with Rivian, it definitely makes me appreciate Tesla; Tesla is willing to honor pricing from more than a year before potential purchase - after price changes. Although, Rivian's price increase does seem to be primarily from a change in supported configurations.
It is early days for Rivian. Tesla did the exact same thing to Roadster orders in the early days. It was either pony up or the company was going to go under. Prospective Roadster owners did so and here we are.

Tesla is much larger now and so can afford to eat some margin on a portion of cars (like those w/ Refresh S/X orders from before the refresh. Rivian does not have that luxury and it is unfair to judge them when they are just trying to survive.

Further, I do not believe Tesla will honor the launch pricing for the CyberTruck reservation holders.

For those of you guys financing, are you waiting until you have a VIN to apply for the Tesla financing? My March 8-31 range is approaching, but I'm not sure I believe it yet, so I'm inclined to wait. But will I not be assigned a VIN if I haven't completed that task?
Absolutely. I’m not risking running my credit without one.

Reactions: Elixir
Is there any consensus on what colors get built more? White? Black? Or is it just the luck of the draw.

Check out the "Summary" tab of our order tracking spreadsheet. If you have not entered your data yet you should :) A screenshot below to answer your question :)
1646267423415.png

1646267452847.png

Edit: @usctrojan98 you beat me by seconds 😄 Your data/graphs are gorgeous :)

Found my MX this morning at the SC. I'm getting on a plane to Florida. Back Monday. Taking delivery on Tuesday. Noticed a few issues. Doors look like they need some minor adjustments (not horrible IMO, but I expect better). Some condensation in one rear taillight (not sure of fix). Very dirty so impossible to check paint. Opinions? (I'm still waiting so I assume these belong in waiting room!)
Future Tesla Buyers will be like: Take a pressure washer to the store couple of days before delivery and wash your car

Not closing. Widening at an ever faster rate. There are ZERO deployments of other charging options that would be considered reliable and convenient enough to take long multi thousand mile road trips. DC faster charging deployments that have 1 or 2 stations do not count because you can't rely on them like gas stations like you can with superchargers.
💯

Check the dismal reliability of 3rd party charging stations on Plugshare. This gives you get a real appreciation for Superchargers.

Check out the "Summary" tab of our order tracking spreadsheet. If you have not entered your data yet you should :) A screenshot below to answer your question :)
View attachment 776019
View attachment 776020

Edit: @usctrojan98 you beat me by seconds 😄 Your data/graphs are gorgeous :)
Oh I’m silly. My data is there. Might have to switch my white to black ;)

Reactions: studioloft
Do we know if the new Tesla heat pumps makes a real difference?
yes, I've noticed it does much better in cold temperatures, just not extremely cold temps. If it is too cold, the heat pump can't get enough hot air from the environment

If it is near 0, i lose like 25 miles overnight from the car trying to keep the batteries warm