Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today. Love the car. But does anyone have a hard time closing the front doors, I have the SC look at it and they said it was normal but its definitely not
Are you saying that it’s heavy or that it gives you resistance when you try to close it? Because I have heard from a lot of people that it’s a bit heavier than normal, but I guess you’re not supposed to close it or open it yourself.

Which SC did you take delivery from?

Just press the brake for the driver side, and I recall you can just pull the door opener handle on a specific door to have the door close itself. You also have the on screen option to close the doors. I have no plans to use my own strength for such a pedestrian task.
100%, what are we peasant Mercedes EQS drivers here? We don’t open and close our own doors in this thread!

Are you saying that it’s heavy or that it gives you resistance when you try to close it? Because I have heard from a lot of people that it’s a bit heavier than normal, but I guess you’re not supposed to close it or open it yourself.

Which SC did you take delivery from?
Springfield. Closing the door on the inside feels fine. Its just cling it from the outside you really have to give it a big push

Moral of the story: don’t go on a Tesla forum and tell folks to buy a Mercedes lol

I think moral of the story is… don’t post that you are CANCELING your order for another vehicle, because you are frustrated (like everyone else). Everyone knows you didn’t cancel your order. There’s no benefit to canceling.

I originally ordered a 5 seat LR. Then 6 months later placed a second order for MXP. Picking up MXP in a week. Still not canceling original order.

I’ll end up getting a 2023 5 seater at a really low price or they won’t make it at all. Who knows, but I’m keeping my order just to find out. 😁

This thread is epically long so I'm not going to search, but from my foggy brain, I recall people commenting that if the door is nearly closed, the self-close won't work and you have to give it a good shove to engage the soft-close. If the door is way open it will self-close just fine.

I'm coming from an S so the whole concept is new to me.

I think moral of the story is… don’t post that you are CANCELING your order for another vehicle, because you are frustrated (like everyone else). Everyone knows you didn’t cancel your order. There’s no benefit to canceling.

I originally ordered a 5 seat LR. Then 6 months later placed a second order for MXP. Picking up MXP in a week. Still not canceling original order.

I’ll end up getting a 2023 5 seater at a really low price or they won’t make it at all. Who knows, but I’m keeping my order just to find out. 😁
Haha yes, or there may be the impending and inevitable announcement: 5&7 are canceled, 6 is too good

Reactions: JimBob 909
It is early days for Rivian. Tesla did the exact same thing to Roadster orders in the early days. It was either pony up or the company was going to go under. Prospective Roadster owners did so and here we are.

Tesla is much larger now and so can afford to eat some margin on a portion of cars (like those w/ Refresh S/X orders from before the refresh. Rivian does not have that luxury and it is unfair to judge them when they are just trying to survive.

Further, I do not believe Tesla will honor the launch pricing for the CyberTruck reservation holders.

To be fair to Rivian…. Tesla raised the price on all of us pre-refresh orders. Then tried to sugar coat it by giving us $2k of the $10k back.

Agreed that Tesla is much bigger now and can eat the price . They just chose not to.