Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not closing. Widening at an ever faster rate. There are ZERO deployments of other charging options that would be considered reliable and convenient enough to take long multi thousand mile road trips. DC faster charging deployments that have 1 or 2 stations do not count because you can't rely on them like gas stations like you can with superchargers.
Indeed! On a recent 2100 mile X 2 round trip between Florida and Texas we stopped at 10 Superchargers each way. Out of the 20 stops only three had non working Superchargers and there were always many additional working units. We never had to wait for a charger. At one we met a mobile Supercharger repair guy!

Reactions: gglockner and sorka
Left. The light is smaller to accommodate the bigger charge port cover.
Absolutely. I’m not risking running my credit without one.
This is the way. I ordered in sept 21, got a call from Tesla in January 22, saying get your financing in order and a vin will be updated in my profile and EDD updated to within the next two weeks after I complete financing. I went through everything quickly, approved via Tesla financing. My EDD switched to TBD and has not moved since. Here we are in March, financing expired of course, and every Tesla SA I get in contact with comes up with one of three answers “system is updating, wait 48 hours you will get a VIN”, “we see you did everything, our factory is shows that you will have an update in 48 hours”, and finally the best one “our systems are down, try again in 48 hours but from what I can see, it will be in the next 48 hours for sure”.

Thanks for the useless credit hit Tesla customer service rep…

Reactions: IAMCCF
Just got my VIN today 5YJXCBE57MF3264xx
February 9 2021 order, Red/Cream FSD 20” 5 changed to 6 seats I have to pay for.
Seems to be one of those 2021 model year field cars which seems odd to be delivering one of those in March 2022.
I guess it will have old everything but maybe it’s been worked over in those tents and will be ok.
Critical thing will be to see if it accommodates my giant 81” tall double bass like my 5-seat 2018 does so nicely. They gave me $80k for it in trade plus my sales tax credit of $6k so not a bad deal. Inclined to take it if no issues.

I had this conversation yesterday also (not trading anything in). I'm not going to celebrate just yet because I don't have a VIN either.

(checks order page again)

Nope, still no VIN. I was told to expect an email with a VIN this week but like pretty much everything else with this order I'm taking that assertion with a huge grain of salt.

Bruce.

So sometime this afternoon (no I was not obsessively refreshing my account page...OK maybe a little), this happened:

VIN: 7SAXCBE58NF3350xx
EDD: "March 05 - March 08"

Spreadsheet updated. Just downloaded all the paperwork from my account page, the price sheet is dated tomorrow.

I apologize to all of you with older LR orders who haven't gotten VINs yet. My prior theory about prepping customers for last-minute EOQ pick-ups doesn't seem plausible anymore. Maybe MSM / LR isn't popular in the Bay Area and I'm the only person who wanted one? I might ask the next Tesla person I talk to, hope they don't yoink my VIN and/or car for asking.

Bruce.

So sometime this afternoon (no I was not obsessively refreshing my account page...OK maybe a little), this happened:

Spreadsheet updated. Just downloaded all the paperwork from my account page, the price sheet is dated tomorrow.

I apologize to all of you with older LR orders who haven't gotten VINs yet. My prior theory about prepping customers for last-minute EOQ pick-ups doesn't seem plausible anymore. Maybe MSM / LR isn't popular in the Bay Area and I'm the only person who wanted one? I might ask the next Tesla person I talk to, hope they don't yoink my VIN and/or car for asking.

Bruce.
Congrats Bruce! You deserve it!

Bruce.
Wow, July! That gives me (some) hope as a May order in Bay Area. I did subscribe to your theory so was expecting something towards the end of the month If at all. But, good for you, enjoy your car!

Reactions: Stro
NHTSA has earned my UNDYING hatred for removing summon music.

Summon music literally delighted my kids — and for that matter, every adult who saw me summoning the Y. There never was any safety concern.
Given that summon is next to useless here in the U.K. I don’t expect to use it on my upcoming Y much. But hearing there was music and it might not be there is disappointing. Especially when there’s the expectation that EVs will be required to make a noise at low speeds for safety reasons.

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I don't know if studioloft takes the weekly snapshot at the beginning or end of the day tomorrow, but we are averaging about 25-30 VINs a week for the past couple weeks. That is about 7.5% of all 6 seat orders from our spreadsheet each week. If Tesla maintains that rate they will hit 100% of 6 seaters VINed in 8 weeks. They are going to have to start making 5\7 seaters soon...

I don't know if studioloft takes the weekly snapshot at the beginning or end of the day tomorrow, but we are averaging about 25-30 VINs a week for the past couple weeks. That is about 7.5% of all 6 seat orders from our spreadsheet each week. If Tesla maintains that rate they will hit 100% of 6 seaters VINed in 8 weeks. They are going to have to start making 5\7 seaters soon...
They need to build all the RoW 6 seaters first. Thats why they fitted the new charge ports afterall.

I just got a Model Y to keep me going and the charge port is pretty much the same as the new X one. (Just with the bigger larger EU charging socket inside)

Reactions: usctrojan98
A sedan is better than our X on range. I’m not so impressed. Good luck finding a working charger.
Still waiting to see longevity on all these new EVs. What’s the battery degradation at 25k/50k/100k miles and a few years? Will they catch fire and explode when charging? These are questions you don’t know the answers to for a few years. See: the Chevy Bolt fiasco.

Reactions: DelPhonic1