Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a quick word on all weather mats. Some members suggested to get the Maxspider ones from last gen. I decided to pull the trigger for the 2nd and 3rd row as I have the Tesla ones for front row (which are fantastic). Well... they don't fit very nicely. Honestly, they look like trash. Really regret purchasing those but sadly there are no other options available right now (that I know of). So beware!!!

I am currently driving one...321 when full

some points that I know will carry lots of haters but here we go...my friend who got his X LR 2 weeks ago left me his car while he's out of the country, I've been driving it for 3 days now and I'm sorry to ruin the party but it is not all pink dreams as some might state.

The car feels VERY specious and that's great but...
1. The seats are not very comfortable, they are on the firm side...The MY is much more comfy (except the smaller size)
2. The fit and finish with panel gaps is just absurd
3. The FWD are rubbing against the side panel
4. On the FWY my X5 is far quieter
6. Bluetooth that at least with iPhone, always goes to max volume and if you get notification it makes an ear popping sounds
7. And last thing (I think) is minor noises of squeaks and creaks which I expect to only get worse with time.

Before some of you jump and say "I have none of those issues" I understand that there are exceptions but on a $120k car, exceptions should be to the down side and not the other way around.

No I haven't canceled the my order and I am not going to...will drive it till I get the iX and then i'll decide which one to keep assuming it will arrive earlier

Yeah unfortunately these are very common issues that a lot of X owners deal with.

- The falcon wing doors rubbing is fixable, you should have your friend make an appointment... I think even the mobile service can fix this

- This is the first I hear someone say the seats aren't comfy... I heard a lot about the previous X but most all have praised the refreshed X, I am also used to driving BMWs so I am now curious to see how I will feel about the seats when I get mine

- BMW is amazing at reducing noise in their higher end cars, no competition there I'm sure

- For the bluetooth issue, sounds like something that maybe can be fixed if you mess around with the settings or perhaps add it to the list of issues when your friend puts in for the rubbing doors.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on news... How high does my safety score have to be to get the beta these days in the US? I remember back in fall they said they would add 1000 drivers per week or something and lower safety score along the way. Just trying to figure out how boring I have to drive and for how long. I honestly don't think I can get in the 90s. Every time I go in and out of my driveway it gives a forward collision warning from the steep driveway.

So a quick word on all weather mats. Some members suggested to get the Maxspider ones from last gen. I decided to pull the trigger for the 2nd and 3rd row as I have the Tesla ones for front row (which are fantastic). Well... they don't fit very nicely. Honestly, they look like trash. Really regret purchasing those but sadly there are no other options available right now (that I know of). So beware!!!

Order the ones from Tesmanian.com

Only problem is that they appear to be backordered till May right now.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on news... How high does my safety score have to be to get the beta these days in the US? I remember back in fall they said they would add 1000 drivers per week or something and lower safety score along the way. Just trying to figure out how boring I have to drive and for how long. I honestly don't think I can get in the 90s. Every time I go in and out of my driveway it gives a forward collision warning from the steep driveway.
97+ from my understanding, but I've been at 99 for a bit now with no invite. My guess is we have to wait until the next patch due to being on Version 11?

Order the ones from Tesmanian.com

Only problem is that they appear to be backordered till May right now.
Yeah, those look super nice. But that's why I didn't order due to the May issue.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and JER85
Will do! I am disappointed in the range as I didn’t order the 22” rims but the config that matched me with was. With the delivery times pushed until July I didn’t want to pass up the opportunity.
I’ve considered selling my 22” or trading for 20” but seems like a hassle. Plus the 22” look great!
I’ve e been trying to drive it down to 15% and charging up to 90% to push new data to the BMS. I heard it takes a while for the range to adjust if at all.
Keep in mind it’s the tires that cost range, not the rims. Although it might be hard to find high efficiency tires in that 22” staggered size. Ride wise (both noise and firmness) both rim and tire matter.

I would have done the same. I bet you can find someone easy to swap with.

Keep in mind it’s the tires that cost range, not the rims. Although it might be hard to find high efficiency tires in that 22” staggered size. Ride wise (both noise and firmness) both rim and tire matter.

I would have done the same. I bet you can find someone easy to swap with.
Honestly, I'll buy a set of 20s for long trips and swap them out myself. I love how the 22s look and don't need much range for daily driving. But Tesla should be honest with people and advertise the correct number if the LR 6 seater with 22" tires is truly 316 and not 330.

Financing question:

i applied for Tesla financing. all is taken care of with that (i think?). it's approved and everything. I have a scheduled delivery date for March 12th at 2pm in Virginia. How do you guys go about making the first payment (taxes, fees order fees etc). I finances the majority of the car for business/tax purposes. I asked the service advisor and they said that i'm able to make the payment through the PLAID PAYMENT PORTAL (which i've never heard of) or i can bring a cashier's or certified check to delivery. Is that correct?

for those who have not paid the entire care off right away and used tesla financing, when were you able to actually make the first initial payment so you can actually take delivery of the car the day of? thank you
I too am financing my car. My car is said to be delivered home. The CSR I talked to said, I could pay the down payment via check to the person who delivers the car or via the app.

The fact that I wanted to immediately jump on here before even calling my husband says a lot! This forum has been great!

I’ve beeeeen Vinned!!!!!!! 😇😇😇😇😇

340 days of waiting!!!!!!!!!

4D430CF3-E59D-4EE5-B2C2-DDFFDA58A31F.jpeg

3/30/21 order date
Black
White interior
Fsd
22”

I love the car, but I hear you. I agree with #2 and #7. However, the seats are super comfortable for me. Maybe I was just used to sh*t with my 2018 Model 3. The wife has a VW Atlas and the MX is superior as expected. For #6, I haven't had that issue, but did with my M3. A software fix did the trick.
Don’t get me wrong, I like the car but do I $120k like it…?!
regarding the seats…as I said the MY is much better, I don’t know about the 3. Also on my BMW X5 I have the luxury seating pkg so that might play as well

Yeah unfortunately these are very common issues that a lot of X owners deal with.

- The falcon wing doors rubbing is fixable, you should have your friend make an appointment... I think even the mobile service can fix this

- This is the first I hear someone say the seats aren't comfy... I heard a lot about the previous X but most all have praised the refreshed X, I am also used to driving BMWs so I am now curious to see how I will feel about the seats when I get mine

- BMW is amazing at reducing noise in their higher end cars, no competition there I'm sure

- For the bluetooth issue, sounds like something that maybe can be fixed if you mess around with the settings or perhaps add it to the list of issues when your friend puts in for the rubbing doors.
Correct, some issues can be fixed but it’s very annoying waiting for a car for so long and knowing it will need to be fixed. If I go to a fancy resturant, I want the dish to be great without asking the chef to add spices.
‘’the Bluetooth issue is the same as my MY so Its A thing with Tesla in general.
others with iPhone and newer tesla’s don’t have this issue?

on the BMW there’s a setting to limit volume but I didn’t see anything like that on the tesla

Reactions: JER85