Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Financing question:

i applied for Tesla financing. all is taken care of with that (i think?). it's approved and everything. I have a scheduled delivery date for March 12th at 2pm in Virginia. How do you guys go about making the first payment (taxes, fees order fees etc). I finances the majority of the car for business/tax purposes. I asked the service advisor and they said that i'm able to make the payment through the PLAID PAYMENT PORTAL (which i've never heard of) or i can bring a cashier's or certified check to delivery. Is that correct?

for those who have not paid the entire care off right away and used tesla financing, when were you able to actually make the first initial payment so you can actually take delivery of the car the day of? thank you
I'll be possibly picking up a plaid X on the 11th at Glen Allen. Yes, you can bring a certified check. Or you can do it through the app the night before. Supposedly its fine to do it when you're there, but I just did it the night before to be safe (last year when I bought a MYP)

I give up! -You can’t see it, but my arms are up in the air…-

Who do I have to do to get this car?

-Pants are coming off-
Leslie Jones

Attachments

• LeslieJones380.jpg
    LeslieJones380.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: studioloft
I give up! -You can’t see it, but my arms are up in the air…-

Who do I have to do to get this car?

-Pants are coming off-

After reading this, I thought you were one of the 2020 order folks or one of the January 21' order folks that have been forgotten... You're an April order, you'll be ok.... should be getting VInned in the next couple of weeks... I think they are currently doing Feb and March orders.

After reading this, I thought you were one of the 2020 order folks or one of the January 21' order folks that have been forgotten... You're an April order, you'll be ok.... should be getting VInned in the next couple of weeks... I think they are currently doing Feb and March orders.
Too late. Mistakes have been made! Leslie and I are happily due any day now.

Hey there, long time lurker first time poster. I received my MX refresh About 10 days ago. It did have 145 miles on it and they told me it was for testing. Presumably it’s one of the X’s on the Fremont lot. Hesitated on taking it but after waiting a year I said yes. Car checked out and had all the necessary equipment and door panels and gaps look good.
However, I am only showing 317 max range as well! I have only supercharged once to see what the cost would be. I had a 2016 X with free supercharger (which I miss!). I’ve been charging at home the few other times.
I have a mobile service call next week to look into it. I also find the doors harder to close or they don’t close all the way until I push them in. Other than that the car is incredible and a worthy upgrade if anyone is still waiting.
Keep us posted what your service call outcome turns out. I’m curious on the range.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
For those new VINners here with 22” wheels, please post your max range in miles when you get your new baby. Two of us here so far have a max of 316 instead of the 330 advertised. I’m beginning to think something has changed.
I am currently driving one...321 when full

some points that I know will carry lots of haters but here we go...my friend who got his X LR 2 weeks ago left me his car while he's out of the country, I've been driving it for 3 days now and I'm sorry to ruin the party but it is not all pink dreams as some might state.

The car feels VERY specious and that's great but...
1. The seats are not very comfortable, they are on the firm side...The MY is much more comfy (except the smaller size)
2. The fit and finish with panel gaps is just absurd
3. The FWD are rubbing against the side panel
4. On the FWY my X5 is far quieter
6. Bluetooth that at least with iPhone, always goes to max volume and if you get notification it makes an ear popping sounds
7. And last thing (I think) is minor noises of squeaks and creaks which I expect to only get worse with time.

Before some of you jump and say "I have none of those issues" I understand that there are exceptions but on a $120k car, exceptions should be to the down side and not the other way around.

No I haven't canceled the my order and I am not going to...will drive it till I get the iX and then i'll decide which one to keep assuming it will arrive earlier

• Informative
Reactions: cwang089
Keep us posted what your service call outcome turns out. I’m curious on the range.
Will do! I am disappointed in the range as I didn’t order the 22” rims but the config that matched me with was. With the delivery times pushed until July I didn’t want to pass up the opportunity.
I’ve considered selling my 22” or trading for 20” but seems like a hassle. Plus the 22” look great!
I’ve e been trying to drive it down to 15% and charging up to 90% to push new data to the BMS. I heard it takes a while for the range to adjust if at all.

some points that I know will carry lots of haters but here we go...my friend who got his X LR 2 weeks ago left me his car while he's out of the country, I've been driving it for 3 days now and I'm sorry to ruin the party but it is not all pink dreams as some might state.

1. The seats are not very comfortable, they are on the firm side...The MY is much more comfy (except the smaller size)
6. Bluetooth that at least with iPhone, always goes to max volume and if you get notification it makes an ear popping sounds
7. And last thing (I think) is minor noises of squeaks and creaks which I expect to only get worse with time.

Before some of you jump and say "I have none of those issues" I understand that there are exceptions but on a $120k car, exceptions should be to the down side and not the other way around.

No I haven't canceled the my order and I am not going to...will drive it till I get the iX and then i'll decide which one to keep assuming it will arrive earlier
is the X quieter or same as your Y?

I love the car, but I hear you. I agree with #2 and #7. However, the seats are super comfortable for me. Maybe I was just used to sh*t with my 2018 Model 3. The wife has a VW Atlas and the MX is superior as expected. For #6, I haven't had that issue, but did with my M3. A software fix did the trick.

Reactions: Empty tank