Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m picking up my X tomorrow. The paperwork says it has 87 miles on it. Should I be concerned? Has it been used for test drives or something? I can’t understand why there’s be so many miles on the car. I’ve read that no more than 10 miles is common for a Tesla.
I am also picking up my car tomorrow. My paperwork says 19 miles. I am not sure what is normal. Also, paperwork could be wrong. I will double check tomorrow.

I’m picking up my X tomorrow. The paperwork says it has 87 miles on it. Should I be concerned? Has it been used for test drives or something? I can’t understand why there’s be so many miles on the car. I’ve read that no more than 10 miles is common for a Tesla.
My Feb 9, 2021 order has 82 miles on it and found out today it was manufactured mid October 2021. So a really early one. Could be bad or good depending on why it is only being delivered in March 2022 as a 2021 model year.
Must be one of those parked in the grassy field or elsewhere in Fremont for such a long time waiting for parts or repairs or both???
Called today and they said it’s still there in Fremont will be in Dallas March 19. I guess in some cases you get the old vehicle with the old orders.
The real test will be if my double bass fits in the back of this 6 seater which I hope it will. The six seats are ideal for my real estate work.
But it has to carry the instrument and other stuff like my 2018 CPO 5 seater Model X does.
If it doesn’t fit I asked if I could switch back to my original pre ”the call” order, a 5 seater - he said sure but I would have to pay the new price of course.
I am a bit miffed about the old build date for lack of newer features possible quality issues. and 2021 model year for resale value

C
My Feb 9, 2021 order has 82 miles on it and found out today it was manufactured mid October 2021. So a really early one. Could be bad or good depending on why it is only being delivered in March 2022 as a 2021 model year.
Must be one of those parked in the grassy field or elsewhere in Fremont for such a long time waiting for parts or repairs or both???
Called today and they said it’s still there in Fremont will be in Dallas March 19. I guess in some cases you get the old vehicle with the old orders.
The real test will be if my double bass fits in the back of this 6 seater which I hope it will. The six seats are ideal for my real estate work.
But it has to carry the instrument and other stuff like my 2018 CPO 5 seater Model X does.
If it doesn’t fit I asked if I could switch back to my original pre ”the call” order, a 5 seater - he said sure but I would have to pay the new price of course.
I am a bit miffed about the old build date for lack of newer features possible quality issues. and 2021 model year for resale value
Thanks for the reply. That still doesn’t really explain why so many miles. I also ordered my Feb. 12. 2021

Attachments

• BD8F1344-1745-4FA8-B25D-C0BF91C51D10.jpeg
    BD8F1344-1745-4FA8-B25D-C0BF91C51D10.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
Does anyone else find it disturbing that Tesla has moved Stro's service appointment three times now? Not only is the new car sales side of Tesla completely "messed up", service is as well! When your car needs service who can wait three weeks to get it? That seems like a horrible experience. If another high end car dealer did that customers would be livid!
Here is my service experience. I took delivery on Dec 27th. The FWD on the driver side was rubbing a piece of trim and scratched the paint all the way down to the metal. There was also a small chip on the triangle glass on the passenger door along with a misaligned trim just behind the FWD on the driver side. I picked up the car in the evening and the next day I noticed 2 dents on the driver door. At delivery, I was told to open service ticket and send pictures which I did. They scheduled me for a January 5th service apt. At that appointment, they aligned the FWD. They said they had to order the triangle window and the trim that was scratched. They said they would schedule an appointment when the parts arrive. Next apt was scheduled for Feb 11th. I dropped the car off and they called just before they closed and said the window they ordered had a crack in it so they had to order another one. They asked me what else they were supposed to have done. I told them about the scrapped trim. They didn't order it. They were supposed to have someone come in to fix the dent and they were unable to come in. So they had my car for the whole day and nothing was done. They rescheduled by appointment March 10th to fix everything. Then , Tuesday morning, I was leaving to go to work and I noticed that the heat wasn't working well. Well at lunch time (here in Florida) it was 400 degrees and I realized my air wasn't working. When I looked at climate control screen I saw "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault". I contacted Tesla and they sent out a mobile service person 2 days later to see if something came loose and of course it was not. They have to order a part and have no idea when it is coming in.... I have a plaid on order that has a delivery date of July. Hope I have better luck with it.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Here is my service experience. I took delivery on Dec 27th. The FWD on the driver side was rubbing a piece of trim and scratched the paint all the way down to the metal. There was also a small chip on the triangle glass on the passenger door along with a misaligned trim just behind the FWD on the driver side. I picked up the car in the evening and the next day I noticed 2 dents on the driver door. At delivery, I was told to open service ticket and send pictures which I did. They scheduled me for a January 5th service apt. At that appointment, they aligned the FWD. They said they had to order the triangle window and the trim that was scratched. They said they would schedule an appointment when the parts arrive. Next apt was scheduled for Feb 11th. I dropped the car off and they called just before they closed and said the window they ordered had a crack in it so they had to order another one. They asked me what else they were supposed to have done. I told them about the scrapped trim. They didn't order it. They were supposed to have someone come in to fix the dent and they were unable to come in. So they had my car for the whole day and nothing was done. They rescheduled by appointment March 10th to fix everything. Then , Tuesday morning, I was leaving to go to work and I noticed that the heat wasn't working well. Well at lunch time (here in Florida) it was 400 degrees and I realized my air wasn't working. When I looked at climate control screen I saw "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault". I contacted Tesla and they sent out a mobile service person 2 days later to see if something came loose and of course it was not. They have to order a part and have no idea when it is coming in.... I have a plaid on order that has a delivery date of July. Hope I have better luck with it.
Lemon law?

Reactions: Elixir