Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Feb 9, 2021 order has 82 miles on it and found out today it was manufactured mid October 2021. So a really early one. Could be bad or good depending on why it is only being delivered in March 2022 as a 2021 model year.
Must be one of those parked in the grassy field or elsewhere in Fremont for such a long time waiting for parts or repairs or both???
Called today and they said it’s still there in Fremont will be in Dallas March 19. I guess in some cases you get the old vehicle with the old orders.
The real test will be if my double bass fits in the back of this 6 seater which I hope it will. The six seats are ideal for my real estate work.
But it has to carry the instrument and other stuff like my 2018 CPO 5 seater Model X does.
If it doesn’t fit I asked if I could switch back to my original pre ”the call” order, a 5 seater - he said sure but I would have to pay the new price of course.
I am a bit miffed about the old build date for lack of newer features possible quality issues. and 2021 model year for resale value
Out of curiosity, how is your X described on the Tesla website in your account? Mine says

2022 Tesla Model X

1646457252521.jpeg

I’m scheduled for delivery Tuesday, and my VIN suggests it was built sometime mid February (comparing to others that have found their build date).

If your build date is in October, are they calling it a 2021, or 2022? From what I’ve read here, Tesla has traditionally referred to that as a 2021 model.

TGIF!!!!!

View attachment 776631

I wonder if my delivery window will tighten up a little bit.
Exact same config as me, you just ordered 2 ½ months later. This is the third with the exact same config as me this week. Order dates from 1 to 4 months after me. WTF? I did not sleep with your crazy girlfriend Elon, I promise

And then ceramic on the ppf.
That’s such BS and a money grab. Just think about it. The claims on ceramic coating are because it’s hard, yes? Typically marketed around 9h hardness, yes?

PPF marketing is it’s self healing and protective, yes? To be self healing the material must be soft to melt in on itself when heated.

If you apply something with a 9h hardness rating to something specifically designed to flex and move to fill scratches, what do you think happens if both claims are true? You would have a heavily cracked coating.

The same applies to applying ceramic coating to leather chairs. If it does what it’s claimed to do it would crack and break off when the leather is sat in, flexed, moved etc.

Reactions: lexus26 and Elixir
Wow! It looks gorgeous. Did you also do the ceramic coating? How much did it all cost? I'm also planning to get ppf and tinting done from OCDetailing once I get my car.

They did the paint correction, the PPF, and ceramic coating in the outer layer. It’s what gives it that ethereal glow, it’s really quite beautiful. The pictures do NOT do it justice, with the way the sun dances between all the layers.

It was $9k for the wrap and ceramic.

That’s such BS and a money grab. Just think about it. The claims on ceramic coating are because it’s hard, yes? Typically marketed around 9h hardness, yes?

PPF marketing is it’s self healing and protective, yes? To be self healing the material must be soft to melt in on itself when heated.

If you apply something with a 9h hardness rating to something specifically designed to flex and move to fill scratches, what do you think happens if both claims are true? You would have a heavily cracked coating.

The same applies to applying ceramic coating to leather chairs. If it does what it’s claimed to do it would crack and break off when the leather is sat in, flexed, moved etc.
Who cares. People do what they want with their money. If it was me, I'd put PPF, ceramic coat, and then another PPF to protect the ceramic coat, and then another coat on top of the 2nd PPF because you know, it's always done together. Oh wait..

My Feb 9, 2021 order has 82 miles on it and found out today it was manufactured mid October 2021. So a really early one. Could be bad or good depending on why it is only being delivered in March 2022 as a 2021 model year.
Must be one of those parked in the grassy field or elsewhere in Fremont for such a long time waiting for parts or repairs or both???
Called today and they said it’s still there in Fremont will be in Dallas March 19. I guess in some cases you get the old vehicle with the old orders.
The real test will be if my double bass fits in the back of this 6 seater which I hope it will. The six seats are ideal for my real estate work.
But it has to carry the instrument and other stuff like my 2018 CPO 5 seater Model X does.
If it doesn’t fit I asked if I could switch back to my original pre ”the call” order, a 5 seater - he said sure but I would have to pay the new price of course.
I am a bit miffed about the old build date for lack of newer features possible quality issues. and 2021 model year for resale value
Found another advantage of ordering a 5/7 seater - it will never be one of the vehicles that was sitting in the field in fall of 2021!

My July date just changed to the tightest window I’ve seen without a VIN so hopefully it’s eminent. It shows March 21-31
Mine changed from July to March 6th-31st. No Vin yet for my 5 seats order.

Not ready to believe these dates yet.

5 seater LR
Order April 2021
20 inch wheels, white / Beige.

Last edited: