Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
delivery day came and went for me today. picked up at richmond, va. service center was excellent. the experience couldn't have been better/easier. i was never able to call them because nobody ever picks up but they always responded to emails. day before asked if the car was good, they said all was good with the car, no issues. on the way up from virginia beach i got a text what spot it was in, i pulled up, inspected the outside. all good there except for minor trim issues. paint was overall fine nothing worthy of rejection or even complaining. went inside, got the credit card key (key fobs were in the car). went inside the car, everything checked out. signed papers inside, then out the door i went. drive home from richmond was in snow, handled just fine with 22's. will post pictures. overall thoughts are AMAZING FUN. pulled up next to a few amgs/m/rs cars on the way home once the snow stopped and they were all willing to get burned by the MX LR just for fun. current car is a BMX X5 x50i, prior to that was a 911 turbo/audi s5/audi rs4. the fun factor on this is 10/10.

It’s been a long “almost year” Picked up our Knight Rider today
Easy delivery Nice SA went through the whole delivery list and only thing missing were the rim attachments. They were not in the frunk SA said they are on back order and will ship to us when available.
And the famous Tesla ringworm yoke is there

Attachments

• 6D3130B6-3DC9-4FDD-A78B-8623B3920B56.jpeg
    6D3130B6-3DC9-4FDD-A78B-8623B3920B56.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 91
The last post was not entirely correct.

The Gen2 Mobile Charger that comes with all new Tesla's since 2018, uses with the Nema 14-50 plug, even with a 50A, or 60A breaker will provide only 32 Amps. 8KW tops. Any reference to Nema 14-50 providing 40A is related to the original Gen1 Mobile Charger, which will not arrive with this vehicle. You may find them on ebay.

The Wall Charger gives 48A, vs 32A on current version Nema 14-50 Tesla Chargers. Effectively 50% faster charger.

I use this at 14-50 based charger with MX at several locations, it will provide 40 amps max and does not overheat in my experience. Might not be necessary with a M3 or MY.

Today I had the pleasure and privilege to meet the one and only Stro!
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 5.38.45 PM.png

He is a nice guy on this forum, but he is even nicer in person. Such a generous person to take the time to meet with me in Austin
AND let me drive his amazing Model X!!!

So many new owners are raving about their new MXs. With all the issue that have been discussed, one could think these happy owners are exaggerating.
They are not! This car IS absolutely wonderful! I love love love the yoke. The sound system, IMO, is unparalleled. The excelleration is startling fast! And it's the LR, not the Plaid! This vehicle is a work of art.

Driving Stro's MX put such a big smile on my face and fills me with anticipation for my own. MY EDD is still July 2022, but now I'm in a much better headspace.

Thanks again Stro!

I use this at 14-50 based charger with MX at several locations, it will provide 40 amps max and does not overheat in my experience. Might not be necessary with a M3 or MY.
Right, it is not the one that comes with the vehicles. The one you reference is corded.

For $95 more the Wall Charger has even more power. It is now $495. Tesla lowered the price. Wall Connector

Today I had the pleasure and privilege to meet the one and only Stro! View attachment 779985
He is a nice guy on this forum, but he is even nicer in person. Such a generous person to take the time to meet with me in Austin

So many new owners are raving about their new MXs. With all the issue that have been discussed, one could think these happy owners are exaggerating.
They are not! This car IS absolutely wonderful! I love love love the yoke. The sound system, IMO, is unparalleled. The excelleration is startling fast! And it's the LR, not the Plaid! This vehicle is a work of art.

Driving Stro's MX put such a big smile on my face and fills me with anticipation for my own. MY EDD is still July 2022, but now I'm in a much better headspace.

Thanks again Stro!
We need a Stro in every state. I Motion to clone him and his car

I went on a little drive today from the SF Bay Area to the Marina, CA Supercharger. On the way back home I saw several Model X on car carriers southbound on US-101. I think this was the first time I'd seen any Model X in transit before, so I take that as a a good sign. I stopped in at the factory on the way home to enquire about my order...the SA I talked to was nice, but of no use to me whatsoever.

That was in contrast to the very helpful SA in the Walnut Creek Tesla store, who actually took the trouble to look up my order and inform me that my VIN is still "mine", the car was off the assembly line, and wasn't being held up for any issues. She didn't know why I hadn't been sent a text for scheduling delivery though and recommended calling the delivery center if I haven't heard from them by mid-week (which would be 2 weeks from VIN assignment).

Back to waiting...

Bruce.

Today I had the pleasure and privilege to meet the one and only Stro! View attachment 779985

Thanks again Stro!
Thank you for the tacos! And yes, it’s always great to put faces with our online names.

On the way to meet @retco i had to stop at a supercharger. I hadn’t realized how congested they’ve gotten since the last time I used one as I usually charge at home. This supercharger competitive advantage is slowly going away. Waiting for a spot sucks.

Thank you for the tacos! And yes, it’s always great to put faces with our online names.

On the way to meet @retco i had to stop at a supercharger. I hadn’t realized how congested they’ve gotten since the last time I used one as I usually charge at home. This supercharger competitive advantage is slowly going away. Waiting for a spot sucks.
Can’t imagine the situation once they open up to non-Tesla vehicles.

Right, it is not the one that comes with the vehicles. The one you reference is corded.

For $95 more the Wall Charger has even more power. It is now $495. Tesla lowered the price. Wall Connector
Wall connector is a great piece of gear at $495, I use that at my primary residence, I also need a mobile unit that does 40amps, much cheaper to have one of these with 14-50 outlets at multiple locations.

Ordered a model x 5 seater White interior fsd in June initially supposed to get here in Jan. About a week ago date changed to March 21-31 no vin. Today back to July. Heard from a few people that when they date goes back a vin follows the next day. Is this the case or am I off here?

Nope. Don’t think I’ve seen that, but VIN assignments have been all over the place so who knows.

I think what is more likely is that your EDD goes back to Mar/Apr over the next week or so. Then a VIN possibly a few weeks later.