Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the tacos! And yes, it’s always great to put faces with our online names.

On the way to meet @retco i had to stop at a supercharger. I hadn’t realized how congested they’ve gotten since the last time I used one as I usually charge at home. This supercharger competitive advantage is slowly going away. Waiting for a spot sucks.

I've experienced just the opposite in California. I used to have to worry about waiting or stalls that were out of order. In the last few years, the capacity has skyrocketed yet usage hasn't because it's been a few years since they offered FUSC so now most of the population is only charging when they must on long road trips or live in apartments. I'm also assuming apartment dwellers are less incentivized now to buy Tesla's since they the can only charge at superchargers which is more expensive than charging at home.

Ok…ok… I got this tonight but I will not believe it until one of the earlier 5 seater confirm their VIN and delivery. I have been told that once built it will take 2 weeks to cross the country from CA to MA. So if this is correct the car should be built and being loaded now.
Once I see others got VINs, took delivery and I get a VIN then and only then I will declare I am not dreaming!

The date range means nothing. I've gotten those twice only to have them move back to October each time.

Repeat message - I would like your help please.

I just got a change in my delivery date from July to the second half of March. This is a 5 seater LR (see my signature for details.) No VIN has been assigned.

My question: I might want to put the car on hold - when in the process is the best time to call and put on hold? After VIN assignment or before?

What is the longest hold that you think I can get away with - I want to shoot for November 1st, if that's possible (so that would be a 7 month hold). I had previously read that the new policy is a 90 day maximum hold - anybody get away with more than that recently?

is it me or does it seem like most of the recent deliveries in this thread have been trouble free? Is Tesla QC on the refresh getting better?
Elon said once the best time to take delivery is one of the very first off the line OR one after the production line has ramped. Problems tend to crop up during the actual ramping. The first ones off the line get heavy duty inspections looking for problems, therefore the odds they catch everything are higher.

Reactions: cjkosh
Repeat message - I would like your help please.

I just got a change in my delivery date from July to the second half of March. This is a 5 seater LR (see my signature for details.) No VIN has been assigned.

My question: I might want to put the car on hold - when in the process is the best time to call and put on hold? After VIN assignment or before?

What is the longest hold that you think I can get away with - I want to shoot for November 1st, if that's possible (so that would be a 7 month hold). I had previously read that the new policy is a 90 day maximum hold - anybody get away with more than that recently?
some people here had Tesla tell them either come to pickup in 3 days or get to the back of the line, some were successful with the 90 days...best thing is to call Tesla once you have a VIN and get something in writing. because you might not get the car before deep into 2023.
Tesla has a great financial incentive to have you cancel and reorder

Off topic. Sorry but quick question. I’m buying the model X. Debating buy vs leasing the fsd. When I decide to trade my car back to tesla for newer one, will they include full current value of fsd to my tradin value? If so kinda a no brainer to buy fsd vs lease right? Providing I am in fact selling back to tesla or private so the fsd sticks with car.

Hi! I just recently got a VIN, but it’s a 2021 it appears. 5YJXCBE5XMF327xxx. Question for you all - are there known differences between 2021 VINs vs 2022? I’m trying to determine if I should push back or not. I care about functionality and build quality. I’m not looking to resell anytime soon so I’m not too concerned about resale value.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Regardless I’m very excited - just concerned about a good experience when spending so much.
No difference

Elon said once the best time to take delivery is one of the very first off the line OR one after the production line has ramped. Problems tend to crop up during the actual ramping. The first ones off the line get heavy duty inspections looking for problems, therefore the odds they catch everything are higher.
Now, this has me worried given the pile up of Model Xs sitting on the Test Track at Fremont coupled with the slow deliveries. Clearly, things are not going to plan regardless of supply chain issues and it doesn't look like it's getting resolved given the myriad of problems new owners are encountering. I know that lately people are saying that their deliveries are better, but it's hard to tell given the mix of old and new VINs. Hopefully, it gets resolved but it's hard to believe after a year+ of this s-storm.

some people here had Tesla tell them either come to pickup in 3 days or get to the back of the line, some were successful with the 90 days...best thing is to call Tesla once you have a VIN and get something in writing. because you might not get the car before deep into 2023.
Tesla has a great financial incentive to have you cancel and reorder
The 3 days you mention is very scary for me indeed. I will be on vacation through July/August and though slim, what if EU VINs start posting then and a delay period for delivery is not acceptable? It is an easy incentive indeed for Tesla to refund your €100 & push you back as the demand will peak by then… any recommendations/advise from previous EU bookings or experiences on delaying delivery to share?
I think this is one best discussed and taken in writing from Tesla(if they agree 🤞) to be on the safe side!
worse case scenario, does Tesla do a home drop off with no delivery acknowledgment (if they cite space limitations as a constraint)

I hope that’s the case with my 2021 field model refresh delivering on the 23rd! Built October 13th.