Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up our MXP this afternoon in Atlanta.

Black/White 6 seater on 22”

Overall great experience. I have been to Roswell SC before and they do a great job.

Didn’t pay or accept until we inspected inside and out.

Small paint chip on rear passenger quarter panel above taillight. Tesla will fix. 1 small clear coat drip on hood. Taking it for full front PPF tomorrow. So I’ll see what they say about the clear coat drip. No issues with panel gaps.

New plaid graphic badge, taillights and charging port.

Interior finish, functionality and cleanliness was great. 1 issue with rear cup holder. It gets caught and needs a little help to pop out fully.

22” wheel inserts were not installed and still in box in the frunk. I like the looks without so may not install.

Driver’s side FWD did not close fully 1 time. We were on a slope so I will need to test it more. Still testing out things so may find other issues.

Taking a while to get used to turn signals. Yoke is a nonissue. Yoke worm is present.

Here are a couple pics.
FWIW, When I got my MXP delivery today (with 22” wheels), the SA put the wheel inserts on for me, but explained it is something the customer is expected to do.

Reactions: BamaATL
Haven’t been on here for awhile but thought I would check in to give everyone else who is waiting some motivation.

I have had the car now for about a month and it has far exceeded my expectations in every way. When I ordered it, I was ordering my dream car and it has been just that.

During the past week, I have take the car up to the mountains for a few days and also to the beach. Suffice to say, the experience driving the car to the mountains was amazing. The power and handling through the curves was incredible. The view that we all had from the from “cockpit” was unparalleled. For all the parents out there, we hauled two newborn twins, two Snoos (think giant mechanical bassinets), a stroller, bags, etc, and we were very comfortable.

On an electric efficiency note, we spent 50% of the battery (333 miles, Plaid, 20”) on the 95 mile route up 7,000 feet. On the return trip, we only used 15% of the battery (50 miles). So overall, we spent about 215 miles in range for about 190 miles of driving. I’m pretty happy with that considering our load, traffic, 30ish temp, climb, etc.

As I mentioned earlier, we took the car to the beach today. This isn’t unique to the refresh but I loved the FWD and all of the controls I had to ensure the inside temp was perfect for the little ones. I’ll leave you with a photo of the day.

View attachment 780379
So you can do a round trip OC to Big Bear with no range anxiety if you leave home with a full battery and don’t run around town up there too much?

Reactions: TallBill
Haven't been on here in a while but posting just to say the google sheets tracker is messed up for my entry at least. Someone either filtered incorrectly or added in their delivery details under my entry line but alas, I do not have my car, only a "July EDD" sarcastic text in my app. Might want to check your entries...

Last edited:
Sorry for the late post lol. Turns out the headlights are the same… swear it looks bright than the old 2020 model x I had but idk here’s pics of my rideeee (posted it earlier but realized I posted it to the wrong thread 🙄)
F505E39B-3797-4103-A714-12C5B75AC50B.jpeg
72A3DECF-2E4E-4B8A-B0D5-AABAF7166BBB.jpeg
2077135C-BC51-405E-A6BD-095D2914518C.jpeg
C56E8C0E-C6EC-48F0-97FC-BE47F77FE89B.jpeg
F276C81A-7C73-49E3-89A1-17A3F63DE42B.jpeg
88E2E301-10DE-4B17-A989-3E71C22363F9.jpeg

I'm a little confused because on Friday I saw this update and I passed by the Local tesla store at the mall and the SA was insisting I put my application so I can "Finalize the transaction" and I ended up just doing it without actually thinking it thru since so far I don't have a VIN assign I'm pretty much not guaranteed anything. I'm just wondering with these specific dates what is the actual likelihood this will happen? ALso pretty excited about the car can't wait!! (sorry to be noobish lol)

IMG_23F828F3B697-1.jpeg

I'm a little confused because on Friday I saw this update and I passed by the Local tesla store at the mall and the SA was insisting I put my application so I can "Finalize the transaction" and I ended up just doing it without actually thinking it thru since so far I don't have a VIN assign I'm pretty much not guaranteed anything. I'm just wondering with these specific dates what is the actual likelihood this will happen? ALso pretty excited about the car can't wait!! (sorry to be noobish lol)

View attachment 780539
I am in the same boat. I have been waiting since 2020 for my MX refresh white, black interior, 5 seat on 20s. My EDD jumped from Jult 2022 to March 26-13. No VIN yet. I swung by service center as well to ask questions and was told to chill. EDD mean nothing really. When you get your VIN then you jump into action. But beware…. Some here had VINs then go poof! Good luck!

Reactions: mr-dmitry
Picked up my MXP today in West Palm Beach! Everything went relatively smoothly. My VIN is a 2022, however the sticker on the door says it was built in 12/21, which I find to be a bit odd. Needless to say, old tail lights and charge port, and no plaid badge, only lettering (more disappointed about not having the plaid badge than anything, lol!)

There were a few paint issues and slight driver side FWD alignment issue, which I pointed out at the SC. They had me go ahead and set up a service order. When we were almost home, our daughter also notice a bad tear in the driver side middle row seat, right near where the seatbelt goes into the seat (didn't catch it before, because the seatbelt sort of hides it from view.) Overall, very happy, and thankful for the extensive checklist, so thank you all for your contributions!

20220313_193945.jpg
20220313_134611.jpg
20220313_134647.jpg
20220313_134704.jpg
20220313_134709.jpg
20220313_140047.jpg
20220313_150803.jpg
20220313_181045.jpg

My Jan 2021 5 seat order was moved back to July from March. Also, not sure if this has been discussed, but did they update the range numbers recently? showing 351 online for LR with base wheels. I thought this figure was lower before. Hopefully 5 seater deliveries start soon :)
View attachment 780582

Nope, that's what it's always been with 5 seats.