Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies in advance for the newbie question...
While I have been waiting for my MX 5 seater since forever... I have not driven a Tesla too often aside from test my test drive weekend in June 2020.
I have a question regarding break lights and 1 pedal driving.
When I am using High Regen (single pedal driving) and I lay off the accelerator the car will slow to a stop/crawl. But when this is happening do the break lights come on?

I am curious as to how do those behind me know I am reducing speed intentionally?

Thanks.

See I don't just complain ;)

While I have been waiting for my MX 5 seater since forever... I have not driven a Tesla too often aside from test my test drive weekend in June 2020.
When I am using High Regen (single pedal driving) and I lay off the accelerator the car will slow to a stop/crawl. But when this is happening do the break lights come on?

I am curious as to how do those behind me know I am reducing speed intentionally?

Thanks.

It does (I wondered this same thing). It seems to be based on how much you let off the pedal, which is nice (if you only slightly let up, it does not come on).

Any tips on how to get hold on the SC prior to delivery?
I have deliver scheduled for Thursday, trying to call/email the SC (Paramus, NJ) to confirm it but no response, nothing, the calls goes to a call center and they don't know anything, I emailed my SA and few generic emails at the SC - zero response

Thanks.

I’ve been daily driving stick shift ICE cars for many years now and I engine brake all the time. Brake lights don’t come on when you’re engine braking but people seem to figure it out…

Actually, not having a manual transmission is one thing I’ll miss with a Tesla, but I think the other benefits of electric will outweigh that and hopefully it’ll be fun to drive in a whole new way. We’ll find out someday!

I’ve been daily driving stick shift ICE cars for many years now and I engine brake all the time. Brake lights don’t come on when you’re engine braking but people seem to figure it out…

Actually, not having a manual transmission is one thing I’ll miss with a Tesla, but I think the other benefits of electric will outweigh that and hopefully it’ll be fun to drive in a whole new way. We’ll find out someday!
I exclusively owned manual cars before I got a Tesla, and the lack of brake lights when engine braking always worried me, so I can identify!

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I exclusively owned manual cars before I got a Tesla, and the lack of brake lights when engine braking always worried me, so I can identify!
I had a Saab 9-2X Aero that could engine brake so well that I actually did that more often than I used the actual brake pedal! I don’t think I ever had to replace the brake pads on that car in the 80k miles I drove it, but who knows what condition the clutch was in 😳

The super charger button nor does my wall connector button opens my charge door when pressed anyone else have this issue?
I had a model S plaid for about two weeks. I had that same issue and didn’t have time to solve it before I sold the car. Not sure if it’s going to continue on the model X I have coming. Wasn’t clear if it was a car issue or a supercharger issue.

Insurance companies are all over the place. Geico actually gave me the best quote at $650/6 months…. Progressive wanted $1700/6 months.

yeah you NJ people have it easy... no sales tax on EVs and insurance is way cheaper... now im considering moving there just for the savings...

I ordered mine and the quote is similar. its more then my 2021 urus with 3x the pricetag to insure. smh. im sure theres another company that will insure it for a more reasonable premium

guess i have to shop around for insurance which i loathe...

thats assuming the person behind you is paying attention...

Any tips on how to get hold on the SC prior to delivery?
I have deliver scheduled for Thursday, trying to call/email the SC (Paramus, NJ) to confirm it but no response, nothing, the calls goes to a call center and they don't know anything, I emailed my SA and few generic emails at the SC - zero response

Yeah good luck! they are unresponsive. I sent an email to [email protected] and never got a response... I don't have any assigned SA.... and calling the store phone number gets routed to the Tesla main call center.... I finally had to show up in person to speak to anyone there.

Yeah good luck! they are unresponsive. I sent an email to [email protected] and never got a response... I don't have any assigned SA.... and calling the store phone number gets routed to the Tesla main call center.... I finally had to show up in person to speak to anyone there.
:) I can send you my SA contact details, he is a real ghost....
Well, I guess I have to go there...Hopefully the delivery experience will be better...

Reactions: JER85

No, the "break" lights are for all the other alarms, displayed in the ICD.
But the Brake lights DO come on automatically whenever the car is slowing. You can actually see them in them turn on in the image of the car displayed in the ICD, though it is pretty small most of the time.

FINALLY! After 411 days, I'm taking DELIVERY!!

I just got the call to move my delivery up to today at 3pm! Already drove by yesterday to check it out and it was near flawless. From everything I've seen delivered by the Nashville SC, they send them out in great shape. Will post pics and answer any questions later today. Excited to see a lot of 5 seaters start getting dates. Everyone hang on, your day is coming!

IMG_1119.JPG

yeah you NJ people have it easy... no sales tax on EVs and insurance is way cheaper... now im considering moving there just for the savings...
They make up for it in other taxes.

5YJXCBE55MF3267XX It is actually the M that designates it as 2021. For 2022 that character becomes an "N."
On a regular year, yes. But Tesla changed their identifier (first three characters) for 2022 models. Went from 5YJ to 7SA for their SUVs and their other cars stayed the same. So it's super easy to tell 2021 vs 2022 by simply the first three characters (really the first character).

I was scheduled for delivery tomorrow to my house after noon, but Tesla just called to ask if they can deliver right now. They have been very proactive in contacting me via text and now calling my cell. Hoping to find no issues. 👍
Home deliveries are cool, but do NOT sign or accept anything until you check everything out. If they claim you have to accept before being allowed to do your checks, that's a lie.