Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I texted my SA (just some general number for Loveland Colorado) to express my concern about getting a 2021 VIN. I received a text response that they could remove the vehicle from my account and put me back in the queue for a new one. They said I could check the vehicle before I make a final decision. They could not give me an update on timing until the existing vehicle was removed from my account. Will be same price and configuration. Estimated delivery date of March 22 for the 2021 VIN. Thoughts?
What is your config? I am also taking delivery on 3/22 at Loveland. I go by often (because some issues with my plaid S) and am keeping track of every X on lot

Reactions: Great White
Just logged into the spreadsheet to proudly change my status to Delivered after 411 days of waiting, but someone decided they needed to do take it upon themselves to do that for me. Kinda sucks. Changing it back to March 15th and typing in Delivered myself so you didn't completely take the moment from me.

On a positive note, those that have gone on to the promised land before us all have not exaggerated, this vehicle is amazing. I can't even imagine the acceleration of the Plaid because the LR is Insanely fast. Coming from an '18 Raptor and driving my wife's '20 Tahoe for the last few months because the Raptor doesn't fit in the parking garage at work, I was worried I wouldn't like it after the hype of 400+ days. I was wrong to think that. This thing is AMAZING.

The yoke is absolutely perfect for my driving style/hand placement. I haven't reached for the turn signals or the top of the wheel yet like the overexaggerated, infomercial like videos online. The seats are very comfortable and plush. The cabin is as quiet as I would have thought it would be without a gas engine covering up the road noise.

I have the wall charger on 60amp/48V and it's charging at 38+ miles an hour which is 8 up from the website specs.

My wife is blown away that YouTubeTV works and the kids got to watch WWE Raw on the way home from dinner haha. She also has started to change her tune and now sounds like she wants to get an S in a few months. Just wish I had placed the order after taking delivery yesterday since the prices went up another $5k+ on everything.

My 5 year old is obsessed with Back to the Future and is convinced it's a time machine because of the doors. He's not a big fan of the acceleration though haha.

There were only a few issues I saw at delivery but they fixed what they could, and I'm happy with it. View attachment 781268View attachment 781272View attachment 781273View attachment 781275

I texted my SA (just some general number for Loveland Colorado) to express my concern about getting a 2021 VIN. I received a text response that they could remove the vehicle from my account and put me back in the queue for a new one. They said I could check the vehicle before I make a final decision. They could not give me an update on timing until the existing vehicle was removed from my account. Will be same price and configuration. Estimated delivery date of March 22 for the 2021 VIN. Thoughts?
Id go for it.. Depending on your state, it may mean lower property tax when registering the car because its considered one year old. Either way its still a brand new car. Plus you'll likely still have radar! which is a huge plus to me.

Just logged into the spreadsheet to proudly change my status to Delivered after 411 days of waiting, but someone decided they needed to do take it upon themselves to do that for me. Kinda sucks. Changing it back to March 15th and typing in Delivered myself so you didn't completely take the moment from me.

On a positive note, those that have gone on to the promised land before us all have not exaggerated, this vehicle is amazing. I can't even imagine the acceleration of the Plaid because the LR is Insanely fast. Coming from an '18 Raptor and driving my wife's '20 Tahoe for the last few months because the Raptor doesn't fit in the parking garage at work, I was worried I wouldn't like it after the hype of 400+ days. I was wrong to think that. This thing is AMAZING.

The yoke is absolutely perfect for my driving style/hand placement. I haven't reached for the turn signals or the top of the wheel yet like the overexaggerated, infomercial like videos online. The seats are very comfortable and plush. The cabin is as quiet as I would have thought it would be without a gas engine covering up the road noise.

I have the wall charger on 60amp/48V and it's charging at 38+ miles an hour which is 8 up from the website specs.

My wife is blown away that YouTubeTV works and the kids got to watch WWE Raw on the way home from dinner haha. She also has started to change her tune and now sounds like she wants to get an S in a few months. Just wish I had placed the order after taking delivery yesterday since the prices went up another $5k+ on everything.

My 5 year old is obsessed with Back to the Future and is convinced it's a time machine because of the doors. He's not a big fan of the acceleration though haha.

There were only a few issues I saw at delivery but they fixed what they could, and I'm happy with it. View attachment 781268View attachment 781272View attachment 781273View attachment 781275
Thanks for the posting. Especially like the 38 MPH charging with 11.5kw. Don't understand the YoutubeTV statement, or is this just your humor?

I literally got a forward collision warning on the X when the car was atleast 10 car lengths away I wasnt even doing anything wrong now it done dropped my safety score 😡😡 the X’s always was super sensitive for no reason. Autopilot and everything in general was always better on the 3’s and Y’s

Go radarless Tesla Vision. Woohoo!

I literally got a forward collision warning on the X when the car was atleast 10 car lengths away I wasnt even doing anything wrong now it done dropped my safety score 😡😡 the X’s always was super sensitive for no reason. Autopilot and everything in general was always better on the 3’s and Y’s
I’m sorry to hear it did that. Although I don’t have an X yet, I’m driving my father’s 2020 X for the last few weeks to try and get his safely score up…I am generally a much better driver than he is and he knows this :), hence the generous “take my X and I’ll stand in gas station lines for you with your ICE car offer”.

Anyways, I read somewhere that phantom breaking, which I believe occurs on autopilot only, does not affect the driving score, since it was the car that break hard in that case, not you. If someone knows otherwise, would be good to know. Still hoping for that FSD beta on my father’s 2020 X.

Just XX out the last two numbers
can you guys explain the idea behind not fully disclose your vin? are you aware it is visible in plain sight on the windshield? and advertised pretty much in every used car at the dealer or online
unless there's an explanation that I'm not aware of, I doubt the Russian government is monitoring your vin to target anyone with a gps guided missile

In my Y you could hold the two wheels on the steering wheel to reset the car, that makes it forget the last event on the safety score... may work :D

Reactions: Great White
can you guys explain the idea behind not fully disclose your vin? are you aware it is visible in plain sight on the windshield? and advertised pretty much in every used car at the dealer or online
unless there's an explanation that I'm not aware of, I doubt the Russian government is monitoring your vin to target anyone with a gps guided missile
Yea. I had this friend who was murdered due to her VIN. And another friend who got divorced due to the number 3 being in his VIN. You gotta keep that stuff hidden or your life could be seriously altered.