Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you can do a round trip OC to Big Bear with no range anxiety if you leave home with a full battery and don’t run around town up there too much?
Yeah it seems that way. I wouldn’t do it with serious snow though. That can stall you for several hours up and down the mountain.

I offer free EV charging at my cabin rental if anyone wants to DM me for the listing.

No sir! I'm still in the factory settings world being treated like a child. My new appointment is for the 24th. Maybe they'll give me the new software then.
When I picked up my X, it had an update waiting. Had to wait till I connected to my home WiFi for it to download and run the update. That was for version 2021.43.201. I didn’t check what version I was on before I installed the update. Just received a message in the app about an available software update. It’s version 2022.8.2. It‘s schedule to run tonight. Maybe you will get the message soon. Hang in there.

Not sure exactly what it was. Thinking it may have been glue. PPF guy said it popped right off when they started working on it. Paint is perfect underneath. All good.

Dropping off @ SC on Wed to get rear paint chip fixed. They’ll use local body shop.

Only interior issue I have found so far is rear cupholder. It doesn’t pop out fully without some help. Will sort that out later.

Really happy/relieved with quality so far.

Side note, my PPF guy said the paint job looked really good and he is picky.

So I normally don’t give references and if not allowed feel free to delete.

Update on post above. I had a couple clear coat drips on hood and a paint chip on rear.

My PPF guy was able to clay bar the hood to perfection. They weren’t super busy, so after PPF they fixed my paint chip, for free. Looks like new.

Saved me from a Tesla SC visit and transport to body shop.

Anyway, if you are in North Atlanta and looking for PPF work, I highly recommend ClearFilm in Roswell. Fair price as well.

Just wish the new price increase will net me more for my 2018 LR Model 3 trade in… just took a look at Tesla’s used inventory, there’s a Model 3 with my exact configuration and 6000 more miles available for $54k, seriously? Carvana only offered me $32k a few weeks ago…

Just wish the new price increase will net me more for my 2018 LR Model 3 trade in… just took a look at Tesla’s used inventory, there’s a Model 3 with my exact configuration and 6000 more miles available for $54k, seriously? Carvana only offered me $32k a few weeks ago…
it’s not clear to me how to sell my 2018 X100D either. people have suggestions on the.best method? Private sale thru Ebay? Carguru? Tesla?

Reactions: Vitaman
Are VIN's assigned overnight or just randomly throughout the day?

Checking for a VIN is becoming an unhealthy obsession
It appears it’s at random throughout the day. There seems to be a bulk update during the early morning hours (like now) but they still trickle in all day too.
I have an auto refresh every 20 mins, so I know the struggle lol.

• Funny
Reactions: usctrojan98
I ordered my MXP 5 seater in August 2021.
Wondering if I have to pay the price increase, because Tesla have to switch me to a 6 seater at some point.
Order from Germany
I ordered my MXP 7 seater in Mars 2021.
Wondering the same.
Order from Sweden.
The 6 seater are more comfortabel in 2:a row.
Just traveled 380 km in second row in my existing 5 seater. Easy to glide from side to side.
5/7 seater have transport and sleepeing benifits.

Reactions: TallBill
I ordered my MXP 7 seater in Mars 2021.
Wondering the same.
Order from Sweden.
The 6 seater are more comfortabel in 2:a row.
Just traveled 380 km in second row in my existing 5 seater. Easy to glide from side to side.
5/7 seater have transport and sleepeing benifits.
I would take both the 5 seater and the 6 seater, as you say both have advantages and disadvantages.
I just hope without price increase and as quickly as possible. Unfortunately I’m not yet an ev driver - BMW 5-Series Touring Driver. I looking forward to be a member of the Tesla Driver Comunity, like most of you in this thread. This thread shortens my waiting time, thank you all for that :)