Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes in our Model Y. I think it’s a software flaw
Fill out a service ticket. In 3 and Y's, a missing small magnet causes that. Check for this.

Attachments

• MY magnet.JPG
    MY magnet.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
We have YouTube TV instead of cable/dish. Cheaper and basically the same channels, plus you can take it anywhere with you on your phone, or Tesla.

In the YouTube app on the Tesla, click the 9 square icon and a few other options pop up. You can select YouTube TV if you subscribe and sign in.

Yeah the pic is from a Model 3 I found on YouTube, I was too lazy to walk 30 steps to my garage. Turns out when doors just start opening and closing for you, you get even lazier.View attachment 781478
Amazing! Thanks again. We recently installed it but didn't image it on a phone or car.

Reactions: NashvilleX
Finally starting to see Model Xs on version 2021.43.201 starting to get upgrades to 2022.8.2! First vehicles got it yesterday

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker
I hope it’s coming to me in the next 48 hours.

After 417 days, I’m picking up my X that I ordered 1/23/21 prerefresh in Devon at 10am on Wednesday! Any last minute advice? I of course have “pull on the seats” on the very top of my interior checklist ala @Stro 😂
Check inside the glovebox and middle console. The material used inside was worn down on mine as if it had been used for 10 years.

it’s not clear to me how to sell my 2018 X100D either. people have suggestions on the.best method? Private sale thru Ebay? Carguru? Tesla?
Shop for quotes from everyone. Keep in mind that if you trade in with Tesla, you also get a tax break (depends on your state) so that could be an extra cherry on top. Do not let Tesla owe you anything. They still have my 24k.

I haven't complained in awhile so here it goes...

Last week Tesla updated my March 2021 order EDD to March 13-31 (from it's previous value of "July"). I took that as good news since it's unlikely they would bump it up several months and give it specific range unless it was more solid. So I got financing arranged (takes 2 days), then I got trade in quotes for my car, all of that is good for 30 days.

This morning, they put the EDD at July again. Honestly so ****ing pissed. Their bullshit is really making me not want this car at all.
Misery likes company. A few months ago, I had a specific range in February. I’ve been on the Tesla roller coaster for many years and should’ve known better, but applied for financing. After I got the loan approved, my date went back to “July“. It just expired the other day and if I decide to finance, I will have to apply again, taking another credit hit.

it’s not clear to me how to sell my 2018 X100D either. people have suggestions on the.best method? Private sale thru Ebay? Carguru? Tesla?
Tesla quoted me around 43k late last year when they were still giving trade in estimates on their website, and in some states you don’t need to pay taxes on the trade in value. To me, it is also the most convenient. So if the quote Tesla gives me isn’t much worse than anywhere else, I’d trade it in to Tesla.

I’m not doing private sale myself, too much headache and I’m too lazy lol

Well hello all! Yesterday was my delivery day (MX LR, Blk/Blk, 6 seats, 20” wheels and 11th hour change to FSD @ the old $10,000 price tag). Went in to make it official on the spreadsheet and found that, like @NashvilleX, I was robbed of that satisfaction:eek:😁

My husband is familiar with all of TMC members goings on through my cocktail hour recaps of the daily postings. He was determined to outshine @Stro and become the Tesla customer that SAs talk about for years to come as he attempted to yank the middle seats out followed by trying to squeeze his 6’5”self under the car in search of damage. Ha! They left us alone to inspect it inside and out so his efforts were unappreciated except from the guy picking up a Model 3 next to us.

The car looked fantastic and my experience was stress-free and pleasant. Only a few things to note for any of your future deliveries:
  1. Scratches: There were 3 extremely small (less than 1/4”) scratches that occurred during transport. The SA pointed them out first thing. They had already consulted with the body shop they use and got an appointment and time estimate for the work. The scratches, though tiny, are deep will require two weeks to repaint 3 separate panels fully (eek!)
  2. Gooey residue: I recall seeing this mentioned before. Lots of spots on tail lights and headlamps and inside door frames. A gooey almost rubber cement like substance. Will easily come off. Just weird with how immaculately clean the car was that they didn’t get it all. SA said it was residue from the wrap they put on the cars for shipment.
  3. Loose trim: Around the driver’s side back triangular window in the hatch.
  4. Trunk/hatch: Ever so slightly off in alignment. As picky as I am I probably wouldn’t have said anything about this but figured what the heck, if they’re fixing other stuff I’d add to the list.
That’s it. Immaculate interior. Key fobs present. Mobile charging and J1772 adapter present. Tow hitch present. Wonderfully helpful SA.

Of note as several have asked:

— I received my $2000 discount 3 days before delivery.
— I did get my 1000 free supercharger miles (must use in 6 months). I never expected this to work out in my favor since they eliminated the referral system for supercharger miles.
— Yes to the yoke worm question. Although not as pronounced as some I have seen. Another thing that just doesn’t bother me even as picky as I am.

I was disappointed to find I have the new charge port. I thought I might have a chance for the old one since my build date is Feb 17th. It does look cheap or unfinished or something. I can’t quite put my finger on it. But I know I like the old one better.

I opted to take delivery. Trusting the reputable body shop (I checked) to do a good job on the paint, I left my new car at the SC rather than drive home and then back in 24 hours. The rest is easy stuff.

As a non-speed junkie and 1st time Tesla owner, I will give a newbie perspective review once I get my car back and can drive it.

Good luck to all new VINners!

I am going through this now with my 2021 MYP.

I did a couple trade-in quotes from Tesla. First offer was $56k. Send was $58k.
Currently have a CarMax offer for $63k that expires on Friday.

I am going with CarGuru/CarOffer unless things fall apart. They offered $65k. I received all the paperwork via FedEx yesterday, including a check (that can't be cashed until they inspect). Pickup guy is coming Friday to inspect car and haul it off. If it falls through or they try to haggle last minute, I am selling to CarMax.

Does it make sense to buy a used 2020 MX LR 6 seat now while I wait for my MXP and then trade it in once the car is available? I currently drive a 2020 M3P and love the handling and acceleration but will need to trade it in for the 2020 MX. we need the extra space now to haul family who will be staying with my wife and I for 4 odd months. Other option is to keep the M3P and buy a used gas SUV(🤢)

Well hello all! Yesterday was my delivery day (MX LR, Blk/Blk, 6 seats, 20” wheels and 11th hour change to FSD @ the old $10,000 price tag). Went in to make it official on the spreadsheet and found that, like @NashvilleX, I was robbed of that satisfaction:eek:😁

My husband is familiar with all of TMC members goings on through my cocktail hour recaps of the daily postings. He was determined to outshine @Stro and become the Tesla customer that SAs talk about for years to come as he attempted to yank the middle seats out followed by trying to squeeze his 6’5”self under the car in search of damage. Ha! They left us alone to inspect it inside and out so his efforts were unappreciated except from the guy picking up a Model 3 next to us.

The car looked fantastic and my experience was stress-free and pleasant. Only a few things to note for any of your future deliveries:
  1. Scratches: There were 3 extremely small (less than 1/4”) scratches that occurred during transport. The SA pointed them out first thing. They had already consulted with the body shop they use and got an appointment and time estimate for the work. The scratches, though tiny, are deep will require two weeks to repaint 3 separate panels fully (eek!)
  2. Gooey residue: I recall seeing this mentioned before. Lots of spots on tail lights and headlamps and inside door frames. A gooey almost rubber cement like substance. Will easily come off. Just weird with how immaculately clean the car was that they didn’t get it all. SA said it was residue from the wrap they put on the cars for shipment.
  4. Trunk/hatch: Ever so slightly off in alignment. As picky as I am I probably wouldn’t have said anything about this but figured what the heck, if they’re fixing other stuff I’d add to the list.
That’s it. Immaculate interior. Key fobs present. Mobile charging and J1772 adapter present. Tow hitch present. Wonderfully helpful SA.

— I did get my 1000 free supercharger miles (must use in 6 months). I never expected this to work out in my favor since they eliminated the referral system for supercharger miles.
— Yes to the yoke worm question. Although not as pronounced as some I have seen. Another thing that just doesn’t bother me even as picky as I am.

I was disappointed to find I have the new charge port. I thought I might have a chance for the old one since my build date is Feb 17th. It does look cheap or unfinished or something. I can’t quite put my finger on it. But I know I like the old one better.

I opted to take delivery. Trusting the reputable body shop (I checked) to do a good job on the paint, I left my new car at the SC rather than drive home and then back in 24 hours. The rest is easy stuff.

As a non-speed junkie and 1st time Tesla owner, I will give a newbie perspective review once I get my car back and can drive it.

Firstly congrats on taking delivery! I am scheduled for Friday and hoping it goes smoothly as well... I have a quick ? for you, did the 1,000 free SC miles automatically show up? or did you have to ask for them?

Love it. Your husband deserves a beer! Also, congrats. We hope you love every minute of owning a Tesla.

Misery likes company. A few months ago, I had a specific range in February. I’ve been on the Tesla roller coaster for many years and should’ve known better, but applied for financing. After I got the loan approved, my date went back to “July“. It just expired the other day and if I decide to finance, I will have to apply again, taking another credit hit.
you never know.. maybe, you will wake up tomorrow with the message saying schedule your delivery time